IGNORED

League Two - Official Dressing Room

Agree with the points that its easier to remain calm with comms on so not to come across as being a dick when things go wrong. Comms off is another matter though, expecially against cuntish randoms!

Waiting for these results to come in is very tense, what an exciting end to the season!

You don't know what my goal difference against ASM was yet. It could be an insurmountable task.

That's what I am saying. Currently (ignoring the ASM score which I don't know) you are 2 points behind and 2 goals behind. (3 in effect because I've scored more than you). So i either need 6 points or 4 points with a goal difference no more than 2 worse than yours against ASM. It's all very exciting and either outcome is still more than possible (in my eyes at least, may not be in yours).

No doubt you'll be having a sneak at mine and Billy's games tonight, kick off 9:30.

I played my games with OneDaveBamber a while back because he had to go away for a bit. Ready to post results when instructed.

Cool, good man. So it's just me and Billy, scratch and yiggy who should all be done by tomorrow morning for the big reveal.

Are we sticking with a Sunday 3pm reveal or move it forward to tomorrow. I'd prefer a Sat pm reveal as I'm out on Sunday.

Cool, good man. So it's just me and Billy, scratch and yiggy who should all be done by tomorrow morning for the big reveal.

Are we sticking with a Sunday 3pm reveal or move it forward to tomorrow. I'd prefer a Sat pm reveal as I'm out on Sunday.

Any time is fine by me. Match report already prepared and Slotter has already entered scores

Mate, I know exactly how you feel. I have upset my wife many times this season due to a 'FIFA mood'. I find that using comms actually keeps me calm as I have to keep my anger in check, but often after switching off and a moment of reflection a controller would fly across the room. For me there were several key things to getting my season back on track, albeit possibly too late, and that was going back to auto passing/shooting, learning each individual players strengths, and finding a formation I was happy with. Whether I stay up or not I feel confident that next season I can do some serious damage.

I went from auto passing back to manual as I just couldn't string two passes together in auto or semi. Same with crossing and through balls. I however made the mistake of manual shooting too. However my finishing is just so so so shit. Luckily for the 2v2 league I have Supercat alongside me.

I went from auto passing back to manual as I just couldn't string two passes together in auto or semi. Same with crossing and through balls. I however made the mistake of manual shooting too. However my finishing is just so so so shit. Luckily for the 2v2 league I have Supercat alongside me.

Frankly (and I'm sure many will dissagree) shooting is the only one that I simply cannot see the advantage of manual. Through balls is the one that I can see the most benefit with.

Sorry to be an arse, beejay, but I just want to get an early warning in that tonight might be in jeopardy too. Work have just dumped a huge amount of crap on my desk that needs to be done before I leave the office tonight. I can see me being here until at least 8 or 9pm and I'm about a 40 minute drive from home. I'm really sorry to mess you about two nights in a row. I'll keep you posted, but I would assume that there's a good chance that I won't make it back in time for 9.30. :eyebrows:

Sorry to be an arse, beejay, but I just want to get an early warning in that tonight might be in jeopardy too. Work have just dumped a huge amount of crap on my desk that needs to be done before I leave the office tonight. I can see me being here until at least 8 or 9pm and I'm about a 40 minute drive from home. I'm really sorry to mess you about two nights in a row. I'll keep you posted, but I would assume that there's a good chance that I won't make it back in time for 9.30. :eyebrows:

OK, cheers mate. I'm snowed under too. I can't really do a start beyond 9:30 as I turn into a pumpkin at 10:30. When will be the next chance you can play? I should be able to make time available on Saturday but I'm out most of Sunday.

Can I take this opportunity to say... This season has been a pleasure and despite my relegation I have enjoyed all my matches. I hope I have shown that in general I play some good football, just not good enough up front. A bit like West Brom if you like. I wish you all the best of luck and hope to see some of you next season in the Conference. Those of you going up....See you back in League 2 in two seasons :D :D. Seriously though, hope you all enjoy next season wherever you play.

Goodbye :quote:

Does anyone think we should reveal some of the results this weekend? Obviously the title announcement can wait but the rest of us (Esp. Siread) need to be put out of our misery!

I guess so.

The only result that needs to be held back for the title race is ASM vs. Heretic.

I've just gone to confirm the scores but Dave hasn't entered his yet so the table is going to remain the same.

I can post the scores up as I see them but if I'm slightly wrong about the number of goals it could make all the difference ;)

You need 3 points and to get an overall goal difference in those two games of +2... It be tense.

It would appear that I have gone down with the best goal difference in the entire league Prem - League 2 only theMomentBefore finished as low and with a better goal difference. Some positives to take into next season ;)

Sporting Smash Past Marseille!

postpoint600.jpg

Sporting's Hélder Postiga celebrates a hat-trick as his side chase the title in the final week.

128.gifSporting CP (Hereticboy) 2 - 0 Olympique de Marseille (Yiggy) 33.gif

Sporting CP scorers:

Liédson 45, 73

Team avg rating: 7

The scoreline flatters Yiggy on this one, I think. His keeper played a blinder, making good save after good save. I snuck into the break one up, but couldn't get a second until fairly late in the second half. It was fairly plain sailing for me though, with Yiggy only getting a couple of good goalscoring chances.

Match stats

Sporting CP	-	Olympique de Marseille
17 Shots 5
7 On target 5
62 Possession 38
21 Tackles 13
1 Fouls 2
1 Yellow cards 0
0 Red cards 0
5 Corners 1
41% Shot acc 100%
83% Passing acc 70%

33.gifOlympique de Marseille (Yiggy) 0 - 4 Sporting CP (Hereticboy) 128.gif

Sporting CP scorers:

Hélder Postiga 5, 45, 48

Liédson 15

Team avg rating: 7

This was fairly comfortable. Much moreso than the first match as I managed to get a few before half time, so there wasn't as much pressure to kill the game off. My momentum from the first game took me through this one, I think.

Match stats

Olympique de Marseille	-	Sporting CP
4 Shots 17
2 On target 9
38 Possession 62
18 Tackles 16
0 Fouls 2
0 Yellow cards 1
0 Red cards 0
2 Corners 1
50% Shot acc 52%
71% Passing acc 84%

Running stats

Top goal scorers

24 - Liédson

18 - Hélder Postiga

4 - João Moutinho

2 - Marat Izmailov

1 - Tonel

1 - Leandro Romagnoli

Highest rated - (Team avg: 6.71)

7.89 - Hélder Postiga

7.39 - Liédson

7.11 - Anderson Polga

I was putting stats into the Match Report generator thing, so I thought I'd post this up ;). The goalscorers and ratings stats don't take into account the games against ASM :).

Turks clinch playoff spot

After Slotter drew both games with Scratch I went into these fixtures needing a minimum of a win and a draw to leapfrog him into 6th in the table, and to secure the final League 2 playoff place. The best I’d done all season against any opponent was 4 points so this was going to be a real test

Bordeaux 0 – 2 Besiktas

In this critical mid table fixture which Besiktas simply needed to win, the home side started much more brightly than the visitors and a breakaway by Cavenaghi should have opened the scoring but the strikers shot came back off the post with Rustu beaten.

The Turks started to claw their way back into the match and after a scramble, BOBO opened the scoring on 29 minutes, much to the relief of the manager who was beginning to become frustrated. Despite having the majority of the possession, the away side could not capitalise and the half finished 0-1.

The second half continued in a similar manner and Bordeaux we unlucky not to equalise when they hit the woodwork for a second time but were immediately made to pay when a swift counter attack led to a Bobo shot only being parried by the keeper and Rodrigo TELLO knocked in the rebound to the delight of the team, bench and small band of supporters.

The final 25 minutes were tense with the home side coming close on a number of occasions but the Besiktas back line held firm, with Zan, a rock in the centre of defence, earning the man of the match award.

img.299709_t.jpg

Besiktas' celebrate 2nd goal in their crucial 2-0 win in Bordeaux

Besiktas 4 – 2 Bordeaux

Only needing a draw to overtake the opposition in the battle for the playoffs, Besiktas came out of the blocks quickly, looking for an early goal to settle their nerves and it came after only 12 minutes when BOBO knocked in the opener. The lead was only to last 10 minutes however, as CAVENAGHI calmly converted after a breakaway for the away team.

The home side were not content with the draw though and regained the lead 8 minutes later through their captain, DELGADO, and stretched the lead further on 40 minutes when TELLO knocked in yet another rebound. Just before the break, Bobo almost doubled his tally but the big strikers header came back off the post.

The second half was more tight and it took some strong defending from the home side to prevent the visitors from getting back into the match and it was not until the 82 minutes before BOBO doubled his tally for the day to seal the win and the final playoff spot for the delighted Istanbul faithful.

Bordeaux scored immediately from the kickoff through CAVENAGHI and almost got another late on but it was to be BESIKTAS night as they closed out their first 6 pointer of the season, at the most crucial of times. Zan was once again man of the match with a strong performance at the back

y204564464227550.jpg

Besiktas jubilant at clinching unlikely playoff slot

So after a poor start to the season when I had only 9 points after 10 games and looked almost a cert to go down, I’ve managed to turn around my form to sneak into the playoffs in the final week and had it not been for so many draws, could have finished further up the table. Hopefully I can keep this good run going into the playoffs where things will be tough, but the semi-final is over two legs and anything could happen! Just waiting on the results for ASM's final games to see who my opponents will be

BESIKTAS%20FIRST%20TEAM%20SQUAD%202010.jpg

Well done Al. I had faith in you really. 2 great results to secure the playoff spot.

cheers mate,i'm really pleased with my last 12 games. Only 2 losses in that run which is all down to a complete change in tactics (which i've kept under wraps :o )!

This season has been great fun,despite my shit run for the 6 weeks when I only picked up 2 points!

Sorry all, still without internet in my new place, and will be for one more week by the looks of things.

Just managed to get a few mins at a friend's house to input the result. I too wasn't 100% of the scores, but what Razzle had put down is what my memory seemed to be.

Unbelievable escape from Si.

ASM or Scratch in the play-offs - I took six points off both so I should be fairly confident!

Sorry all, still without internet in my new place, and will be for one more week by the looks of things.

Just managed to get a few mins at a friend's house to input the result. I too wasn't 100% of the scores, but what Razzle had put down is what my memory seemed to be.

Unbelievable escape from Si.

ASM or Scratch in the play-offs - I took six points off both so I should be fairly confident!

I need a total change of tactics for any games with you again.

It wasn't the goals I conceded that was the worrying part, it was the lack of chances you allowed me, there was just no way through.

Fantastic season everyone, BeeJay and Heretic clearly deserve to go up automatically, I think there was very little between the rest of us.

I hope you guys got it right as Razzle got relegated by 1 goal conceded.