IGNORED

League Two - Official Dressing Room

It's all still very tense in the division, going into the final stages.

From a personal standpoint, I'm now waiting to see how Slotter gets on in his games in hand, against Scratch, before I know what needs to be done to get into the playoffs. My recent form (16 points from the last 10 after only picking up 9 from the first 10 and improving the GD) has boosted my chances but things are still on a knife edge and I think too many draws is gonna cost me in the end

Could be a last game of the season showdown between us to decide the final play-off spot! It'll definably be on Sky if it is :)

If everyone can get their games up to date then the final week could be an amazing showdown with litterally everyone having something to play for.

Billy vs. me - I have the title to secure, Billy has relegation to avoid and potentially playoffs to win (alhtough that is looking a stretch now)

Siread vs. Brad - Potential relegation decider depending on how games go elsewhere.

Slotter vs. Al - potential playoff spot decider

razzle vs. ODB - relegation battle for razzle but not that much to play for for bambino apart from possibly 3rd or 4th spot (30 should be enough to secure a playoff by my calculations

yiggy vs. scratch - relegation battle for yiggy

asm vs. sporting - title chance for Heretic and playoff spot battle for ASM

I think we should agree a pact to not to announce our results until everyone has played. So much could change in the final week.

I think we should agree a pact to not to announce our results until everyone has played. So much could change in the final week.

I'm in on the pact, will just confirm that the fixtures have been played with no details with a report prepared for posting as soon as the embargo is lifted :)

I'm in on the pact, will just confirm that the fixtures have been played with no details with a report prepared for posting as soon as the embargo is lifted :)

That's what I was thinking. If we can all get our games played, write match reports (for those that want obviously) and set a deadline for the reveal.

It'll be like a-level results day rllmukfootball style.

I hate to dissapoint you Dave but I think your relegation is all but confirmed now.

You've got a huge game against Billy to play and then it's yiggy, ASM, heretic and scratch. You could well need 6 points against Razzle on the last day to stay up as I can't see you getting much change from ASM, heretic or scratch. Feel free to prove me wrong though. ;)

:)

I guess you've proved me wrong then?

I genunely thought you'd get 2 points at best from ASM, Heretic and scratch and instead you take 15 from a possible 18. Unbelievable.

Here we go, then.

4. OneDaveBamber

Bamber's debut season was respectable, 4th in the Conference and a cup win to boot. Bamber will have been disappointed to have taken so few points off the top sides, something he will look to rectify this time around. His switch to East London should provide him with a bit more in the attacking department. Scouts watching his team on the training ground have noted an extra dimension to his play and this could prove devastating against League Two defences. A play-off spot beckons.

Who needs Kammy?

I've just been reading through the thread out of boredom, and I came across this peach from our very own WestBamber.

Looks like the egg is on Heretic's face too. I'd say that comment about taking points off the top sides is accurate. It's the bottom ones that you should have been worried about.

I guess you've proved me wrong then?

I genunely thought you'd get 2 points at best from ASM, Heretic and scratch and instead you take 15 from a possible 18. Unbelievable.

Looks like the egg is on Heretic's face too. I'd say that comment about taking points off the top sides is accurate. It's the bottom ones that you should have been worried about.

Good to see you acknowledge your mistakes beejay. It's just a shame heretic couldn't do it for himself and you've had to remind him of his poor judgement.

I've uncovered some more gems from my fellow League Two managers:

The first, following my intention to make the play-offs

keeganrant_450x300.jpg

OneDaveBamber losing the plot yesterday.

The second, this quote from heretic. However, he's actually right...I've got nothing to do with the middle of the table!

What have you got to do with anything that happens in the middle of the table? :)

The third, another comment from our very own Doubting Thomas heretic, following another statement of my play-off ambition.

Pffft. Whatever, man.

Lay off the crystal ball boys!

Getafe Relegated

bradigor 2-5 siread

siread 1-0 bradigor

Two valiant displays weren't enough to keep Getafe safe. Six points were needed and the Spaniards threw everything at the game. A red card and some goalkeeping heroics kept Getafe at bay. The end of the 1st game summed up Getafe's season. A cross come shot was tipped out for a corner which saw the keeper come up. He rose majestically and got a header that beat the Ajax keeper and was cleared last ditch off the line, the follow up shot from 40 yards hit the bar and that was that.

The second game saw Getafe dominate but lose out to a break from Ajax and a lob which the keeper palmed up, but got into a mix up chasing back with his defender before the ball crossed the line. Ajax had a player sent off for an off the ball incident. Getafe did save one party piece for late on. Gavilan on the right wing was surrounded by 2 Ajax defender, he trapped the ball backheeled it and turned into the box before unleashing a peach of a curler from the right edge that went narrowly wide.

I have enjoyed the season and hope that I get some breaks next season. Good luck to everyone and I hope to play some of you again soon :(

getafe.elmundo.es.jpg

Getafe fans cheer the players despite relegation on the last day.

What happened to the media blackout? Ah well.

Too Little Too Late From Ajax?

090116-Cvitanich_ADO.jpg

Cvitanich celebrates a delightful chip into the top corner.

bradigor 2-5 siread

The score doesn't really reflect the balance of play in the first game. Possession was 49% - 51% and the shot count was 11 each. Bradigor got two soft yellows which didn't help his cause and a flurry of late goals flattered Ajax.

siread 1-0 bradigor

Second match was a very tight affair with a packed midfield. Bradigor definitely deserved a draw at least and almost cleared the lob off the line. At the other end I managed a late goal line clearance from his keepers header. Real skin of the teeth stuff from my team.

I've managed to climb out of the bottom three at last but I'm relying on results elsewhere going massively my way or I'll be meeting Bradigor again in the Conference next season. Realistically Yiggy needs to pick 5 points from 4 games against tough opponents. On the other hand, if Razzle can get 4 points against Bamber (or 3 with a +2 goal difference) then I'm down.

COME ON BAMBER AND THE BOYS!!!

Unlucky Bradigor, a few weeks back I'd have been surprised if you'd have gone down but it shows how the format of the league can change things as Siread looked dead and buried but now he's in with a great chance of survival!

Now I'm just waiting to hear how Slotter v Scratch went so that I know what needs to be done in the last day playoff places battle