IGNORED

League Two - Official Dressing Room

rllmiukleaguebanner.gif

This thread is for use by members of League Two.

It is to be used as a 'home point' for discussion with your fellow league members.

Managers

Current Table

Fixtures

Results

Your admin is Mackenie.

#########################

Important Information

#########################

* The full rules can be found HERE. You must abide by these, so read them!

* You are responsible for arranging to play your home match.

* All match arrangements should be made via fixture notes on the website.

* If a match has not been played during the initial fixture week, it should be arranged and a note added to the fixture via the website to ensure the admin staff are aware of your arrangements. If a match passes the fixture week without being played and does not have a note attached it will be deemed a foul offence.

* You can play your future matches in advance if you wish, but try to keep the scores quiet until the fixtures are active. You can enter results for future matches onto the website and they will only be counted in the tables etc once they are active.

* You should enter your results on the website. If you have issues with the website contact SaintM.

* Ensure you have correctly applied the squad update. See tyler's instructions if you are unsure. Points may be deducted if you use an outdated or custom squad file.

* If you have a question regarding the rules, or any other aspect of the league please contact an official.

Most important of all, the main aim of this league is to have fun so lets keep it friendly and everyone will enjoy it!

Hello everybody! I'm hoping for a third straight promotion, but having not changed team again, and with my form dipping at the end of last season, I'm not so sure it'll happen.

Here's to an enjoyable season. I look forward to playing you all, and I'll end by saying good luck everybody. Not too much luck, mind :ph34r:.

Hello everybody! I'm hoping for a third straight promotion, but having not changed team again, and with my form dipping at the end of last season, I'm not so sure it'll happen.

Here's to an enjoyable season. I look forward to playing you all, and I'll end by saying good luck everybody. Not too much luck, mind :ph34r:.

I think you'll be competitive with sporting but there might be a few teams in this league that will be better sides depending on what gets taken in the leagues above. Having played around with loads of sides over the last few days, Wolfsburg will be going back in my list. It'll be interesting to see who'll be available as I'd be delighted with 3 or 4 of the teams that were in league 2 last season and I can't see them being available to us this season.

EDIT:

Effectively I'm third pick in this league as many of the people above me have already got their teams. Should be interesting to see who's available by my turn. There's bound to be a couple who slip through the net.

Hello everyone! Best of luck for the coming season. After falling away miserably at the end of the last campaign, I'm not sure if I've done the right thing by keeping hold of Fulham. That said, I was right down near the bottom of the selection order, so playing it safe was probably for the best. It'll be interesting to see which teams trickle down this far.

I don't have particularly lofty ambitions this season; I'll take mid-table obscurity at this point.

Hello everyone! Best of luck for the coming season. After falling away miserably at the end of the last campaign, I'm not sure if I've done the right thing by keeping hold of Fulham. That said, I was right down near the bottom of the selection order, so playing it safe was probably for the best. It'll be interesting to see which teams trickle down this far.

I don't have particularly lofty ambitions this season; I'll take mid-table obscurity at this point.

It should be a strong league as we have the top 2 from the rymans, top 6 from the conf, 3 from league 2 who didn't get relegated and 1 from league 1. I wouldn't want to pick anyone from that lot for relegation or promotion. We don't have anyone who is new either.

I think Fulham are a decent side but I think I probably would have switched if I were you. Saying that, we never know who is or isn't going to come down to us. If we take last seasons league 2 teams as a guide, I think Fulham would be one of the weakest.

If we take last seasons league 2 teams as a guide, I think Fulham would be one of the weakest.

This is how I've been looking at it, still hard to get a good indication of who is in there but I'm sure a few quality sides will slip through the league 1 net!

At least with there being 5 players above me sticking I'll not have to submit too big a list for selection

Must be so much easier for those Premiershippers and Championshippers!

I have 2 teams in mind for this season. Hopefully i'll be ok.

I think Man U and Barcelona have already gone.

It's actually more fun for us down this far as the options are much greater. If you're in the prem and go for anyone outside the big guns you're going to be in big trouble. The difference down here is much less.

I still think there will be 2 or 3 teams in this league that may well be head and shoulders above some of the others but we'll see. I haven't even got a short list yet and I'll wait to see where the teams go in the leagues above. I discovered last year that unless you go for someone much lower down the order it's very hard to predict what you'll get. I had 3 teams in mind last year that I was convinced wouldn't go before the conference and 2 of them did with the third being taken by scratch.

Live! From Istanbul (OK, Aberdeen :lol: )

After speculation of a move to the Lighthouse Garden area of Istanbul, Besiktas boss AlfromSleep has signed on with the season 17 Ryman League winners for another season.

Al said, 'I was in the frame for the vacant Fenerbahce position but I never really wanted to coach that lot anyway'

I'm looking forward to working with my team that performed so well last season and hope that more success comes our way this term'

There are some tough teams in League 2 and although it will be a struggle, I am quietly confident that we can go on to further success

When asked by the local press if the threats to him and his family over the hinted interest at moving to Fenerbahce influenced his decision, the Besiktas boss made no comment.

can I take back that roberto carlos picture. I've re-done my team and he is now out of it. He's on the subs bench.

I'm taking a while to click with Fenerbahce. As a set of individuals they are superb I just haven't quite got them working properly as a team yet. I'm still winning games but I'm not creating anywhere near the same number of chances.

The 2 wingbacks are lightening quick but I haven't really been able to utilise that properly yet and I'm trying to work out if I should go 1 or 2 up front. I could even move the wingbacks up and play 3 up front but that would suggest a crossing game which isn't really my style. Choices, choices.

What I do know is that it's a very strange feeling to have an Henry or Ronaldo sprint past either of my wingbacks for them to keep up and get in a tackle. With wolfsburg it was game over more often than not. I think the left wingback has 88 acceleration.

dingildana_roberto_carlos.jpg

Roberto Carlos makes shock return to first team

Don't panic Roberto, I've recalled you to left back. You may be old and slow but you're the best I have.

I just had a ranked match against the mighty wolfsburg. I was quite sad to see how slow and pathetic they were. we were winning 3 - 0 within 20 minutes and they quit. ;)

chriskamarakitchener.jpg

¡¡Kammy's Predos!!

The poor man's Lawro is here, using his unmatched intellect to predict this season's League Two positions.

1 - Hereticboy

What can I say about this lad? He ran away with last season’s Conference title undefeated with a massive 58 points, sealing a second successive promotion with his beloved Sporting CP. Winning 18 of 22 games, scoring 3 goals for every 1 conceded. He is currently 24 games without defeat, the fourth best undefeated run of all time. Sticking with Sporting CP for a third season could be one season too many, but I think he’ll struggle through it and be a title contender.

2 - superstarbeejay

BeeJay finished mid table last season in the Conference, but was a good performer. A strong new team in Fenerbahçe should see him shedding his mid-table tag, and pushing for promotion. He’ll surprise a few people and steal second place.

3 - Scratch

Scratch has recently been found yoyo-ing between League Two and the Conference. The West Brom of the lower leagues had a solid Season 17 coming 2nd in the Conference, a run of 7 consecutive wins helping his cause. History shows that he could struggle, but his experience will help him push up the League Two table and find a play-off spot.

4 - Billy Brown

Billy Brown has become part of the furniture in the middle leagues. The boy came 3rd in last season’s Conference on 39 points and enjoyed a string of 9 games undefeated. Billy was relegated the last season he was in League Two, but with the high amount of last season’s Conference players, Browny should be able to stave off the threat of the drop and give a good account of himself, sneaking a play-off spot.

5 - Yiggy

Has been on the bottom end of the League Two table in the last 2 seasons. Similar to Slotter, he may find solace in the amount of last season’s conference players in the table. Last season was an improvement on the one before, so contrary to Slotter, Yiggy should be looking to improve further and seal a good mid-table place. 5

6 - Bradigor

Bradigor has only played one season, a season which saw him propping up the table of last season’s League One campaign with just 3 wins and 11 points. That’s a win percentage of just 16.7%. It’s a tough one to predict, and it’s my hunch that Bradigor will be found mid-table come the end of the season.

7 - OneDaveBamber

The current Intertoto Cup holder came 4th in last year’s conference. Bambs doesn’t have a lot of history, which makes a prediction difficult. An instinctive guess says he’ll be towards the bottom end of the table, but he has enough about him to stay up.

8 - ASM

This former Premiership player, albeit for one season, has seen better days. Positioned 8th in last season’s League Two with just 6 wins and a goal average of a paltry 0.9 goals per game. Judging by his history of relegation battles in recent seasons, ASM looks set to have a tough season. He will, however, rise above the battle and secure another year in League Two.

9 - Slotter

Only just off the bottom two in last season’s League Two getting only three wins. He might fancy himself against the influx of Season 18 Conference players, but they’ll be ready to fight for their places in League Two. This one might struggle.

10 - Siread

Mid-table in last season’s Conference after a particularly strong showing in Season 16’s Ryman League. He’ll be looking to improve on last season’s mediocrity by trying to push up. I fear however, that with so many from last season’s Conference in League Two, all of whom finished above him, siread might find himself at the wrong end of the table come the end of the season.

11 - AlfromSleep

With only one season in the league, it’s tough to predict what AlfromSleep should be expecting. He won last season’s Ryman League with 52 points in a season which saw a streak of 13 consecutive wins. A good performer who’d like to think he’ll challenge. I’m afraid though, that having skipped the Conference, he may find it difficult to hold his own.

12 - Razzle

Razzle finished 2nd in last season’s Ryman League, 6 points off AlfromSleep’s top spot. He’s going into a third consecutive season with Genoa, and as such will find it difficult. Razzle kept 13 clean sheets last season, but I think that strong Rymans defence will crumble under the power of League Two attacks. He’ll look for Diego Milito to bag a lot of goals, but I don’t think it will be enough.

Mostly guesses really, with some stats thrown in to make them look nice :).

7 - OneDaveBamber

The current Intertoto Cup holder came 4th in last year’s conference. Bambs doesn’t have a lot of history, which makes a prediction difficult. An instinctive guess says he’ll be towards the bottom end of the table, but he has enough about him to stay up.

I've never liked Kammy!

6 - Bradigor

Bradigor has only played one season, a season which saw him propping up the table of last season’s League One campaign with just 3 wins and 11 points. That’s a win percentage of just 16.7%. It’s a tough one to predict, and it’s my hunch that Bradigor will be found mid-table come the end of the season.

You over-estimate me. :)

In all seriousness, West Ham's strikers screwed me last season, plus I was adamant on finishing the season in total manual controls. This season I am considering semi-assisted shooting, so be warned. ;)