IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Solid SOAP

Zelda Wii is most likely the next installment in the series, and estimates say it should be out either this year or next. While Nintendo has done a great job at not leaking really anything concrete about the game itself... rumors are still rearing their head. Now, normally I wouldn't post about a rumor because most the time it's just that, however there is some reason to believe the rumors we have inside. They come from a popular japanese message board called 2chan, which is somewhat similar in style to our english based 4chan. What is interesting about rumors at this Japanese site is more often then not they turn out to be true. Not willing to believe that? Well lets look at what 2Chan has leaked over the years that turned out to be true.

First off, they were the first people to break the news and story for every single Kingdom Hearts game ever made, long before it was publicly released. They released all the news for Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 4 and 5, and pretty much every Square Enix RPG ever made. Interestingly enough, back in 2003, they also broke The Wind Waker's story roughly two months before release, and no, prerelease copies were apparently not out yet stateside. So the question needs to be asked: If the community there has been right so many times with rumors, then why can't they be right this time around?

The game will be vary from the dungeon field dungeon method we are accustomed too (nothing new, Eiji Aonuma confirmed that last year).

You will be able to select right or left handed at the start, and Link will be left or right handed based on your selection

The gameplay and basic mechanics are complete.

They are currently polishing up the story and Characters.

One of the characters they are working on is a innkeeper in Link's home village who has a son that looks up to Link.

The girl in the art is not the Master Sword, and it appears the Master Sword will not be in the game.

The girls name from the painting could possibly be Adelle, Adella, or Aderu.

She is not with you throughout the game like Ezlo and Midna.

The face in the painting of her is not her real face. It's not fully elaborated on much, but it does say that it was a place holder concept art piece.(assuming the entire art itself was just concept work)

Link's sword is highly unique in this game, and will have several unlockable abilities. Adelle (or whatever her final name becomes) communicates with you through this sword.

There will be horseback combat. Epona will avoid obstacles automatically.

The models for 3 significant characters in the game have been touched up, but no they are not Zelda or Ganondorf. (google translate gives rough names of Link, Gorons, and Epona, but our translator said it's not specifically mentioned)

The idea of this version of Link also being The Hero of Time has been highly considered, and may already be implemented.

Time travel plays a roll in the game.

The game takes place in more then just Hyrule, and may possibly not be Hyrule at all.

So there is a lot of stuff to digest there. Again, remember to always take this with a grain of salt, but the fact it comes from a place where so many other rumors turn out to be true does make you wonder. The Hero of Time's return could propose a sequel to Majora's Mask, meanwhile time travel returning makes since if it's the same character. Could also explain the statement last year from Nintendo that this is the oldest Link yet. The fact the game could also be more then Hyrule, or a new land all together, could play well into the follow up to Majora's Mask. If you recall, Link was on a journey to find a lost friend, presumably Navi, so who knows where that may have lead him.

One thing is for certain, Nintendo is definitely trying to give us something new by linking to something old. True or not, these rumors give us a lot to talk about, and most of them are highly probable in my mind. Thanks has to go out to our translating team, sharinganhero of ign for the initial discovery of the rumors, and to 2chan themselves for providing this information for us.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/01/new-z...tion-leaked.php

This is probably fake, but whatever, However, the source this came from (2chan, pretty much the Japanese version of 4chan) is somewhat reliable, and leaks of games have been found here before, including the Kingdom Hearts games, Wind Waker, etc, so it's possible that this is real.

bcass shut the fuck up

No.

if you read the thread most comments about TP were either good or glowing.

No they weren't. The vast majority of praise was coming from scott every other post. This thread is supposed to be about the new Zelda, not some monstrous circle-jerk for scott and his buddies.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/01/new-z...tion-leaked.php

This is probably fake, but whatever, However, the source this came from (2chan, pretty much the Japanese version of 4chan) is somewhat reliable, and leaks of games have been found here before, including the Kingdom Hearts games, Wind Waker, etc, so it's possible that this is real.

I don't believe that's true at all. Most of it is either completely obvious, lifted from old games (a young boy who looks up to Link you say?), or hilariously vague. There'll be at least 30 more of these before the game launches.

No.

No they weren't. The vast majority of praise was coming from scott every other post. This thread is supposed to be about the new Zelda, not some monstrous circle-jerk for scott and his buddies.

Look we get it already, you dont like TP, can you just get over it now and move on, you seem slightly bitter that other people enjoy a game that you didn't

bcass is right. He is well within his rights to debate but it seems people are more interested on attacking him personally rather than debate back. From what I can gather he has played these games right through and provides and informed opinion. Alas it is mostly nintendo zealots that are so defensive and want to hush hush crititism.

*shruggs shoulders*

Option 1. It was a national NDf* rest day

Option 2. Archilies probably declared he is/was a nintendo fanboy or loved previous zeldas before stating negativity

Option 3. There was a mix of positivity/negativity in his post

I'm not a ndf member so I have not got a copy of their charter which gives guidelines as to which posts are acceptable.

Bcass usually just tells it like it is rather than sprinkling gushing praise in his posts and I think that's was peoplle don't like but that's his perogative and it's noones right to tell him to shut up or sling personal insults.

I'm just guessing as I cannot be bothered to check what achilliles wrote

* nintendo defence force (childish use but not sure how else to describe them)

bcass is right. He is well within his rights to debate but it seems people are more interested on attacking him personally rather than debate back. From what I can gather he has played these games right through and provides and informed opinion. Alas it is mostly nintendo zealots that are so defensive and want to hush hush crititism.

Sorry but all bcas seems to do is infer that everyone must think TP was crap largely basis that he did. Therearerules analysis of TP on the other hand was a fantasic all round view

THE GOOD:

When link picked up a cat it was swell.

The dungeons were very well designed, as per usual for a zelda game.

The fights in the water were epic.

Double shots and spinner are sweet new items

Going up river with a bird monster and down river in a canoe was a nice way to travel.

Midna > navi

Malo Mart

There was an excellent sense of geography which I didn't get first time I played. You can see the prison dungeon from the lake, and in the desert you can see exactly where you are compared to the great bridge.

Aiming with the wiimote.

The music, natch.

THE NOT SO GOOD

Money was utterly worthless. By the time you get a wallet big enough to hold 1000 ruppes you have earned 3000rupees minimum. With nothing to spend them on.

Swinging the wiimote to use a sword is pointless waggle. It annoyed my kitten who was on my lap at the time, and turned fighting into waggle time. Eventually I just stuck to using 'a'.

There was very little sense of community, or at least of link making a difference to these communities. Wind Waker had the photo quest on an island full of people, Majoras Mask was built on helping others, but in this game there were a few gorons with a quest and Malo. That was all.

Loading between hyrule fields.

That you can't summon epona at will until well into the game. Meaning you just warp around everywhere losing the sense of geography, or run slowly.

After you summon a hawk once it's pointless.

After halfway into the first dungeon the slingshot is useless and just clogs up your item screen.

The ball and chain is just too slow to be useful.

The spinner and double shots are under utilised.

Collecting poes was mind numbing taken to extremeties. They could only be caught at night, which meant waiting around, and after 20 you needed to kill all 60 to get anything. Gradual rewards would have been a lot better.

Insects were too small and fiddly. Once caught there was no sense of acomplishment, just a sense of relief.

All of this meant there were no good sidequests.

I think the lack of interesting people, interesting sidequests, and worth of money is what made it dissapointing. The main quest is rather excellent, but that's all there really is to the game. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy it, I did, but that's why it falls behind OoT and Majoras Mask.

Thats the way to do it. Has bcas said anything at all in any way positive about Twilight Princess? And for some reason he thinks that talking about the pros and cons of Twilight Princess, the last big Zelda, is somehow not relevant to this thread!!!

I've no interest in debating the pros and cons of Twilight Princess with bcass, I'm calling him out on behaving like a total cant.

Sorry but all bcas seems to do is infer that everyone must think TP was crap largely basis that he did. Therearerules analysis of TP on the other hand was a fantasic all round view

Thats the way to do it. Has bcas said anything at all in any way positive about Twilight Princess? And for some reason he thinks that talking about the pros and cons of Twilight Princess, the last big Zelda, is somehow not relevant to this thread!!!

But that's my point where are the rules that say every post has to contain pros and cons. I think you should be able to provide cons as long as you can reason them.

I've no interest in debating the pros and cons of Twilight Princess with bcass, I'm calling him out on behaving like a total cant.

Isn't there an ignore option everyone usually threatens to use on someone they don't like? Better that than calling him a "cant" and getting yourself banned no?

For any new Nintendo sequel, bcass always insists that it's either crap compared to the previous version (and Nintendo have invariably "lost their soul") or that it should have been released as WiiWare.

For example, see Punch Out, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Sin and Punishment 2 etc etc

I'm surprised he hasn't insisted that this should be done like the new Mega Man games- i.e. like the NES version of Zelda. And download only. :D Although that would be quite good....

For any new Nintendo sequel, bcass always insists that it's either crap compared to the previous version (and Nintendo have invariably "lost their soul") or that it should have been released as WiiWare.

For example, see Punch Out, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Sin and Punishment 2 etc etc

I'm surprised he hasn't insisted that this should be done like the new Mega Man games- i.e. like the NES version of Zelda. And download only. :D Although that would be quite good....

150-150-rose-tinted-glasses.gif

Ha, you guys are fighting about the ongoing adventures of a magical fairy boy.