Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Willei

I'm thinking of pre-ordering, but the collectors edition having a vague, if at all in the EU/UK, release date is putting me off. Any solid news on this yet?

Edit: Wiki says October 7 in EU, so that 8th October sounds right for UK release (always on Fridays).

One thing that bugs me is that it looks like just the whip/chain and daggers in the footage we've seen so far.

Hopefully he has other weapons. Obviously I don't expect this to be deep like DMC3, but one thing I love about is how different the attacks are with different weapons.

Edit: Wiki says October 7 in EU, so that 8th October sounds right for UK release (always on Fridays).

Shopto have this down as "available in 13 days" so that sounds right.

Still no sign anywhere of the Collectors Edition, the game is only two weeks off so it's not looking hopeful.

One thing that bugs me is that it looks like just the whip/chain and daggers in the footage we've seen so far.

Hopefully he has other weapons. Obviously I don't expect this to be deep like DMC3, but one thing I love about is how different the attacks are with different weapons.

Did you watch the video of the guy playing it on the previous page? He shows the beastiary where enemies will have weapons that theyre weak against. This will have more weapons than the dagger at the least, but the whip/chain has always been the staple weapon of the Belmonts.

Shopto have this down as "available in 13 days" so that sounds right.

Still no sign anywhere of the Collectors Edition, the game is only two weeks off so it's not looking hopeful.

It will be announced, god knows when though. Even the games producer doesnt seem to know when :wacko:

Did you watch the video of the guy playing it on the previous page? He shows the beastiary where enemies will have weapons that theyre weak against. This will have more weapons than the dagger at the least, but the whip/chain has always been the staple weapon of the Belmonts.

Ok. A nice heavy broadsword would be cool.

Had a buddy round today, neither of us knew anything about this but decided to give the demo a go(from plus). VERY impressive. I didn't play it myself, may stick it on in a bit. Watched him go through it though and as a spectator it was really entertaining, super slick, very polished and fun. Convinced both of us to pick it up asap.

wow, ever since I initially heard of this I just wrote it off as "another bloody 3D Castlevania game,won't they just give up", but it looks like I was wrong, very wrong. The cutscenes and character designs imparticular look fantastic, but then Kojima is involved so I guess cool cutscenes were a requisite.

That trailer and the great reviews have sealed it for me. Lovely art direction, almost looks like Guillermo del Toro had a hand in it.

Exactly what I was thinking, especially that some of the weirder creatures aren't just monsters to be put down, looks like they play a part in the narrative too :) I'm the same as crisy, my interest has gone from zero to must buy in the past week.