Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Willei

Hmmm. I'm only on chapter 9, and really rather enjoying the fluffy plot.

Without spoiling can someone who's finished it tell me - is the ending a satisfying conclusion on it's own, or is it all "set up" for a sequel that may (now will) or may not happen?

Only on chapter 9? How many are there?

it's pretty obvious if you study the world map/book.

i just cleared it - really great experience. with some more programmers, gameplay/level designers and better QA the inevitable sequel could be a contender for not just goty but gotg(generation) IMO.

This is odd, the game pauses every time I kill something, the more thing I kill in a hit the longer the pause. I know it didn't use to do that when I was playing. Quite annoying, though I'm still loving the game.

The same thing started to happen to my game last night. 360 version btw.

This is odd, the game pauses every time I kill something, the more thing I kill in a hit the longer the pause. I know it didn't use to do that when I was playing. Quite annoying, though I'm still loving the game.

It's a known problem with the 360 version. I think it was DigitalFoundry who mentions it in their Faceoff.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-face-off

As someone with only a 360 at the moment but who is soon to buy a PS3, that article was very interesting. From what I understood, the answer to 'which version do I get?' was always a resounding '360 ofc. ps3lol'. Good to see that isn't always the case.

Personally I couldn't care less for a few extra fps here and there. I will probably continue to buy cross-platform games on the 360 regardless of which version is marginally 'better'. The only case where this will differ is if there is a significant difference in quality between the two.

Having said all that, though, that article just further proves the amazing job Mercury Steam have done with this game - it really is something to behold.

As someone with only a 360 at the moment but who is soon to buy a PS3, that article was very interesting. From what I understood, the answer to 'which version do I get?' was always a resounding '360 ofc. ps3lol'. Good to see that isn't always the case.

Personally I couldn't care less for a few extra fps here and there. I will probably continue to buy cross-platform games on the 360 regardless of which version is marginally 'better'. The only case where this will differ is if there is a significant difference in quality between the two.

Having said all that, though, that article just further proves the amazing job Mercury Steam have done with this game - it really is something to behold.

For me I'll only go for the PS3 version if the Graphics have no issues compared to the 360 version. Lossless audio is a big draw for me though but the issues with Enslaved on PS3 graphically compared to the 360 meant that I'd live with just DD 5.1 on that occasion

The fact Ps3 CLOS has less graphic issue and Lossless audio made it an easy choice in respect of CLOS. I decision I regret not in the slightest. I think its the most impressed I've been with a PS3 game aurally and visually since Uncharted 2.

I also love the fact the game just keeps on giving in both these areas. I revisited 1-3 last night once I got a new unlock, and i think I was a bit harsh on my feelings for the early sections of the game as Pans Temple is a very nice looking stage as well.

Basically this is now my GOTY.

I just read that whole thing and it's not mentioned.. :huh:

Yeah you'd expect them to mention that if you use an area of effect attack that kills a large number the game completely locks up for ~a second or two. Really frustrating when they send loads of useless cannon fodder at me and I dispatch them all in one go and the game basically stops when showing this happening.

Are the graphics in this really as crummy as they look on the TV adverts? The werewolf and main character models look like they are running on a gamecube

You obviously had a different gamecube to me :) - I haven't seen the TV spot so can't pass judgement but it's pretty stunning looking on the PS3 in front of me.

Must just be an awful trailer, bits of it look really good some giant 4 legged robot thing for example but then you have the main character with hair that wouldnt look out of place in a N64 game its that static (and the trees in the background look really poor quality too) and then they top it off with an awful werewolf that looks like an escapee from a primal rage game.