Uzi

Shadow Complex Aug 19th 1200 points

My only concerns are the controls and the levelling up (

at least one ability is unlocked at a specific level, which could be annoying later on

), but I really hope it will be okay. The 360 degree aiming is a nice touch.

Started watching then stopped, I don't want to spoil it.

I know it "just" an XBLA title but I'm really looking forward to this, more than any other title coming out this summer.

What were their impressions?

Oh god, pleasebegood, pleasebegood, pleasebegood

To be honest, they show you very very little. Less than has been seen in screenshots in this thread actually. Impressions look very good, but the quick look wont spoil anything for you.

XBLA is quickly becoming a more and more important platform. The quality of the games coming out is getting better and better. What's more they are instant and easily accessible. I really really really want to see more top quality 2D platformers. I wouldn't complain at some of the higher end flash games. (Mirrors Edge please, Portal, that thing with the bubbles)

Really would love to see Si put some of his New Star stuff on there.

God this game looks brilliant.

Really not feeling it. It's like someone played Gears of War and said "hey Epic, I bet you can't make a game that's more grey than this!" And so they did. It's the blandest thing I've ever seen.

I mean seriously, check out the latest batch of screenshots.

main_grey_box.jpg

main_grey_box.jpg

main_grey_box.jpg

It looks so boring. Obviously it's all about the gameplay but even that hasn't captured my imagination. The 3D shooting sections in particular look horrible.

And I love this fucking genre. Ugh.

Really not feeling it. It's like someone played Gears of War and said "hey Epic, I bet you can't make a game that's more grey than this!" And so they did. It's the blandest thing I've ever seen.

I mean seriously, check out the latest batch of screenshots.

It looks so boring. Obviously it's all about the gameplay but even that hasn't captured my imagination. The 3D shooting sections in particular look horrible.

And I love this fucking genre. Ugh.

Don't be such a total asshat

You need your eyes tested.

Look, NOT GREY!

593.jpg

194.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this, although I do wish the main character wasn't so... Nathan Drake. I know he's supposed to be an everyman, I just wish companies would stop hiring Nolan North to be every man.

Bland is what I see. Bland.

I hope the gameplay makes up for it, is all

I wouldn't describe it as bland or grey but I really don't like that whole 3d in a 2d world look. That style looks ugly to me, which is a shame because the actual game looks interesting, especially as I am currently playing Metroid Fusion.

Microsoft accidently put all the details of the Summer of Arcade exclusivity up on their website and Shadow Complex and Trials were listed as lifetime exclusives. The usual exclusivity period for XBLA games is a year unless you're a big publisher like Capcom or EA. So with Castle Crashers and Braid all that happened is that the year has ran out. It seems like they've actually negotiated for this to remain a genuine exclusive.

Well Epic bought Chair so I reckon it's exclusivity is guaranteed.

This is just jealousy speaking, but that doesn't really prove much. Epic have released Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 after all. Right? Right?

This is just jealousy speaking, but that doesn't really prove much. Epic have released Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 after all. Right? Right?

Depends on the IP. Epic made Gears but MS own the IP I believe or have rights to it anyway.

Either way, MS unveiled this at their E3 with the face of Gears/Epic Cliffy B, they most likely own the rights.

Microsoft accidently put all the details of the Summer of Arcade exclusivity up on their website and Shadow Complex and Trials were listed as lifetime exclusives. The usual exclusivity period for XBLA games is a year unless you're a big publisher like Capcom or EA. So with Castle Crashers and Braid all that happened is that the year has ran out. It seems like they've actually negotiated for this to remain a genuine exclusive.

Ah there you go.

Splosion Man is exclusive for 12 months also

Ah there you go.

Splosion Man is exclusive for 12 months also

Aww, I am cry. Welllllll, I'll probably end up with a 360 one day....

Much as I'm looking forward to this, "one of the best games of this generation"? I mean, if the only possible criticisms really are that the enemies are a bit samey and the story is bobbins, then sure, it could well be but... well he doesn't seem to really get into why it's that good. He describes the typical metroidvania mechanics and why they work, but the enthusiasm for what this one does 9/10 well doesn't seem to be there.