Uzi

Shadow Complex Aug 19th 1200 points

this looks absolutely superb - and it if has the length of gameplay, I'll happily stump 20 bucks for it. 2D does not equal CHEAP.

Aye, neither does the fact that it's download only. Besides a game like this back in the 16 bit games woulda cost 40 quid :)

If this is anywhere as near as good as Zero Mission - I'll happily pay full price for it and proclaim it as one of the best games I've ever played.

I'd rather it had a bit more of a 'fantasy' style setting - but I'll let it off.

If this is anywhere as near as good as Zero Mission - I'll happily pay full price for it and proclaim it as one of the best games I've ever played.

I'd rather it had a bit more of a 'fantasy' style setting - but I'll let it off.

Isn't it set in Orson Scott Cards' Ender Universe?

This game looks like a must buy... if its half as good as zero mission it will be great.

Isn't it set in Orson Scott Cards' Ender Universe?

Yeah, saw some interview with the lead designer from Chair Entertainment about this, it's based on some book Orson Scott Card wrote, supposedly ties in with the upcoming book sequel (if anyone's playing it for the story :lol:), the book's called Empire if anyone wants to read it and get upto speed on what's likely to be referenced in this game.

Dated and priced :)

August 19: Shadow Complex | 1200 Microsoft Points

(Chair Entertainment and Epic Games/Microsoft): Winner of numerous Best of E3 awards including Best Downloadable Game from 1UP, IGN, GameTrailers and G4TV, “Shadow Complex” is the next evolution in downloadable games, marrying the quality and depth of a full retail game with classic side-scrolling gameplay and the stunning visuals of Epic Games’ industry-leading Unreal Engine 3. Set in the world of Orson Scott Card’s best-selling novel, “Empire,” Shadow Complex provides more than 10 hours of in-depth gameplay and introduces a compelling universe in which you collect items and power-ups, and evolve your character into a force of destruction.

Looks like Bionic Commando Rearmed and then some. I love that style. Someone make a new Flashback.

This, this, this, this, THIS.

Just some sort of athletic side on jobby of another world / Flashback / Prince of Persia style would be joyous. In fact, just get that chap that did Flashback to make an XBLA game....

I wasn't really feeling this from the initial footage. It just looked grey and full of explosions. But watching the 1up game night special on it really sold it to me. My only reservation is that it's by the same developers as Undertow which I didn't even bother with when it was given out for free. But it does look very promising.

I wasn't really feeling this from the initial footage. It just looked grey and full of explosions. But watching the 1up game night special on it really sold it to me. My only reservation is that it's by the same developers as Undertow which I didn't even bother with when it was given out for free. But it does look very promising.

That scared me too but they're working with Epic so the project looks like it's in safe hands.

Battlefield, Droplitz, Trials, Splosion Man, Shadow Complex - This truly is the Summer of Arcade. :angry:

And Monkey Island, MvC2, Serious Sam, Magic: TG, Worms. This summer is real high point for XBLA

most of my most anticipated games in the next wee while are all downloads... how times have changed

FOR THE BETTER

And none of them are on Wii LOL

Started watching then stopped, I don't want to spoil it.

I know it "just" an XBLA title but I'm really looking forward to this, more than any other title coming out this summer.

What were their impressions?

Oh god, pleasebegood, pleasebegood, pleasebegood