rllmuk
Mace Masterson

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

So whats the best way to get game time? I see that CD Keys have 560 days for £20, but on Mog Station it's £8.99 for 30 days. Plus there is the entry option for £7.69, and since I won't be creating another character, that seems like the best option.

I presume I can add a sub on Mog Station and it's fine for my PS4 login?

1 hour ago, Vorgot said:

So whats the best way to get game time? I see that CD Keys have 560 days for £20, but on Mog Station it's £8.99 for 30 days. Plus there is the entry option for £7.69, and since I won't be creating another character, that seems like the best option.

I presume I can add a sub on Mog Station and it's fine for my PS4 login?

My sub through Mog Station auto renewed last week for £25 for 90 days

4 minutes ago, bobontheway said:

560 days for £20?! I'm guessing you meant 60 :)

Definitely meant 60! Think I'll go with the entry level sub through Mog Station then, seems the best way for me to do it.

I've created a cross world link shell. Now to get people on my friends list so I can invite them...

I've added Jasberfloob already so there's no risk of it going anywhere either :)

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jonster said:

I've created a cross world link shell. Now to get people on my friends list so I can invite them...

I've added Jasberfloob already so there's no risk of it going anywhere either :)

Can you add people via Lodestone?

1 hour ago, Jonster said:

From what I’ve read it’s from friends list or direct targeting.

Happy to be added, let me know what info you need. 

Name and server so I can visit and either target you or add you to friends list. Probably won’t be tonight though as at a wedding! I’ll make it so everyone can invite, I think it’s just getting it started.

5 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Name and server so I can visit and either target you or add you to friends list. Probably won’t be tonight though as at a wedding! I’ll make it so everyone can invite, I think it’s just getting it started.

Character name?

Ari Maywell on Moogle.

11 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Zifa Thunoja on Moogle

18 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

Cat Girl

Moogle

My lads were extremely impressed with your characters name. Their first reaction to my character was "I can't believe you made a cat girl, you weirdo". I then pointed out your character and the reaction was "Yeah, but thats funny and smart".

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

My lads were extremely impressed with your characters name. Their first reaction to my character was "I can't believe you made a cat girl, you weirdo". I then pointed out your character and the reaction was "Yeah, but thats funny and smart".

Your kids know the score. :) 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Wait till they see the Viera

I'm thinking of getting a new hairdo as I've been rocking this look for a number of years now

Screenshot_20190711_143535_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.cf9883f84907294cf9b923cd71856007.jpg

1 hour ago, wev said:

Wait till they see the Viera

They have already threatened to hide the controller if I make a "bunny girl"

• Upvote 1

I can't glamour my current garb, I think there's an alternative set? I got a tuxedo jacket for when I go to the Golden Saucer but I've dyed it purple

6 hours ago, Jonster said:

Saki Talelwa, Cerberus, would appreciate an invite!

I'm sure I used to be on Moogle, must have swapped the last time there was the option to do so.

I haven’t played around with Glamour or dyeing stuff at all, I just wear whatever the armour is I have at the time. Everything looks ridiculous on a Roegadyn anyway so it hardly matters. I’ve just upgraded from some sort of dressing gown thing to full-on Robin Hood cosplay. 

50 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I haven’t played around with Glamour or dyeing stuff at all, I just wear whatever the armour is I have at the time. Everything looks ridiculous on a Roegadyn anyway so it hardly matters. I’ve just upgraded from some sort of dressing gown thing to full-on Robin Hood cosplay. 

I saw a male Roegadyn in a purple one piece swimsuit and purple frog hat, it was disturbing

Got Vorgot and Takizawa in, so we're a go! I've a list of everyone who's given their details so far but I've made it so everyone can invite :)

@Pixelbark sent me a friend request so I'll add him next time I spot him on. Will do the same for @wev. Weekends is when I am on the least though as my lads hog the PS4.

Was good to be able to have a little chat in game tonight. I really need to get my head in order though, I'm just crafting and gathering for hours on end. Noticing that some of my stuff is selling on the markets though, so I think it's worthwhile doing as I enjoy that side and it makes me self sufficient.

Help please.

I'm playing on PS4 and I'm on one of the final quests before Stormblood. There's a solo duty that halfway through puts you in some sort of magitek cannon to fight off a load of enemies.

The moves for this cannon appear on a new hotbar in the middle of the screen. I can't find any way to actually activate these controls using the controller. The only way I can do it is by using the touchpad to move the mouse pointer and click them that way, which is obviously impossible at the same time as trying to move and target with the controller and I'm just dying repeatedly.

How do I get it to add these new abilities to my actual cross bar? I've tried disabling the Mount Hotbar and playing around with the settings for the Pet Hotbar but nothing seems to actually shift these things from their new bar, and I can't find anyway to activate them with buttons. I'm completely stuck.

I’m finding the journey from Realm Reborn to Heavensward a real slog now, but I’m near the end at last I think. Feels like it really needs a reworking.

You don’t get any new class quests to unlock new skills until you start the expansion proper, and between that and the content largely being padded fetch/find quests, it’s hard going. I can understand these kind of quests existing when they want to drip feed content until an actual expansion release, but once it’s actually out, they really need to have a rethink about how this kind of content works.

Don’t get me wrong, the story itself is good and engaging, it’s just more the pointless filler activities in between, like find 4 of x in this area. Or go here, speak to one person, come back. Dull as hell.