rllmuk
Mace Masterson

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

1 hour ago, Radish said:

Yeah I contributed to that thread myself. More power to anyone who’s still enjoying the job and I certainly wouldn’t tell anyone who’s having fun that they’re in any way doing anything wrong, but it’s clear as day what the problems with Scholar are now. You’d have to be blind not to see it. Don’t want to stink up this thread any further with discussion of it but I guarantee it will see changes with the next couple of patches. 

Still loving every single second of Shadowbringers though. It’s such a fantastic expansion and the environment artists have really outdone themselves. 

Ok, enough complaining from me.

What server are we now on? I'm still on Moogle but could use company and am willing to transfer or create a new character.

2 hours ago, df0 said:

So it’s me who’s the source of the embarrassment? Damn it.

I did equip the starter gear but have to login to tell you my ilvl. 

Edit: 255, it’s synced. She melts away my health and for some daft reason the interrupt does seem to never register. As a main Warrior, I know all about the delay interrupt skills suffer and I learnt to keep a close eye on the opponents attack bar.

That is weird, I didn't really have any trouble with her. From what I recall you can avoid most of her attacks (remember that you're ranged with no cast times, so just keep running around). I'm trying to find a video of it online but I don't seem to be having any luck.

I've found a video (starting at 12:00 if it doesn't jump there automatically).  This is where I find out we're talking about a different encounter :D

21 minutes ago, df0 said:

Ok, enough complaining from me.

What server are we now on? I'm still on Moogle but could use company and am willing to transfer or create a new character.

Still Moogle, with a new linkshell, what's your character name? 

Wow just tried to login on Moogle, queue of over 1,400!!! Guess I won’t be playing tonight then.

Biggest queue I’ve ever seen before was about 200.

4 minutes ago, wev said:

Still Moogle, with a new linkshell, what's your character name? 

Kunigunde Berowalt :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

Wow just tried to login on Moogle, queue of over 1,400!!! Guess I won’t be playing tonight then.

Biggest queue I’ve ever seen before was about 200.

They're having to queue people going into cities etc now too, I had to join an instance to enter Mor Dhona earlier

2 minutes ago, wev said:

They're having to queue people going into cities etc now too, I had to join an instance to enter Mor Dhona earlier

Ahh, just read they’ve been getting DDoS attacks- that’s why the queues are massive.

Someone in chat earlier claimed that people playing the full version of the game now have priority over those using a trial account. Not sure how true that is though.

That might just be in the aftermath of the DDoS attacks- I suppose I can see why they’d prioritise paying customers when they’ve got server queues of over 1,000.

I had a queue of 900 last night, and have no issue with them prioritising paying customers over freeloaders like me. Had to wait for about 20 minutes, but just watched Dragons Den for a bit.  I'm amazed at the lack of restrictions on the free trial tbh, and the ones that do exist seem to serve to stop people creating alts and mailing stuff around, which makes sense. 

10 hours ago, Radish said:

Someone in chat earlier claimed that people playing the full version of the game now have priority over those using a trial account. Not sure how true that is though.

It’s true, the prioritisation is mentioned in the patch notes.

Hit level 30 and now have access to my Chocobo saddlebag so thank god for that. It's now full of my cooking ingredients. Need to go and grab my job quests now as well!

So only 5 more levels of free play to go before I need to use my complete edition code and can have retainers etc. 

Liking the glamour system. Got a really nice set from the Hall of the Novice for my ACN, the stuff I was getting that was better then looked way worse. Thanks to the glamour stuff, my toon looks very well dressed and pretty funky. Got the books to teach crafting new prisms, need to level some crafting classes up now!

Yeah Koji Fox and his team have knocked it out of the park with this one. Never get tired of the Fate name puns. :lol:

19 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Liking the glamour system. Got a really nice set from the Hall of the Novice for my ACN, the stuff I was getting that was better then looked way worse. Thanks to the glamour stuff, my toon looks very well dressed and pretty funky. Got the books to teach crafting new prisms, need to level some crafting classes up now!

Glam game true endgame for many many people. It'll become an obsession if you let it!

4 hours ago, pinholestar said:

Yeah Koji Fox and his team have knocked it out of the park with this one. Never get tired of the Fate name puns. :lol:

Glam game true endgame for many many people. It'll become an obsession if you let it!

Don't think I'll go that far, but it's nice that I got a nice set early on and can use the glamour plate I've created on those items on the terrible looking stuff as I level up.

Engame for me will likely be just as tragic, crafting, gathering, hunting, sightseeing etc. Love all that kind of stuff.

Just unlocked Summoner and Scholar. Now I know it's very early in the game, but Scholar seems to have incredibly little to do action wise, and what is the difference now between Eos and Selene? It seems I've hit 30 and had a bunch of skills taken off me with very little added except a heal. My crossbar seems very empty. Summoner is much more interesting at this point. I'll do all the Scholar quests, but at the moment, besides shorter queueing times I can't see why I would want to play scholar.

32 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Just unlocked Summoner and Scholar. Now I know it's very early in the game, but Scholar seems to have incredibly little to do action wise, and what is the difference now between Eos and Selene? It seems I've hit 30 and had a bunch of skills taken off me with very little added except a heal. My crossbar seems very empty. Summoner is much more interesting at this point. I'll do all the Scholar quests, but at the moment, besides shorter queueing times I can't see why I would want to play scholar.

They have just gutted the Scholar class, I'm afraid. It obviously gets better at higher levels, but even so, last week it was a lot more interesting ;) 

Summoner was always better for solo questing (it's a DPS class, so naturally things die more quickly, and you get your own tank pet), but the changes have also made that doubly true.

Yes they do, so you can happily level up Summoner, then switch to Scholar and be the same level; the only things to be mindful of are that you'll need to progress the job quests separately to unlock new actions for each, and that their gear sets diverge. Other than that, you're good.

Awesome, might have to consider leveling it at some point. As I just can't heal without a keyboard and mouse, so for sofa play I could go with the summoner.

1 hour ago, Kauwiks said:

Yes they do, so you can happily level up Summoner, then switch to Scholar and be the same level; the only things to be mindful of are that you'll need to progress the job quests separately to unlock new actions for each, and that their gear sets diverge. Other than that, you're good.

Thats exactly what I am going to be doing, and maybe they will make more changes. I'm wary of healing with a pad as well, but I do have a KB and mouse up and working so might try that.

The changes made to pets have really dumbed them down from what I can see. I've less to do with a pet this week from last week, despite unlocking Summoner and Scholar. 

1 hour ago, Pixelbark said:

As I just can't heal without a keyboard and mouse

I thought this until my laptop broke this weekend. Turns out I can heal using a PS4 pad and was nowhere near as bad as I thought. I’ve also found the RDM rotation really satisfying on pad as well.

In short I found out the PS4 version is really good after I’d ignored it for so long!

Yeah, I've had to make some changes to targeting, and bound a "target focus" macro to R3, but I find healing on a pad is actually, surprisingly , pretty decent.