Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

Oh, is it only 20? I read somewhere it was 26 then insta level to 30 and then you could speak to the minstrels to level your other classes to 15. Annoyingly there is a world of misinformation out there and I'm finding it hard to tell what's still applicable and what has changed and what is fact and what is speculation. :(

Also didn't realise that it searched your own server first, that's pretty cool as it means you are more likely to meet someone from your server and then you can friend them up and stuff if you like them.

At first I heard around level 26 too, but lately people have been saying once you complete a story quest around level 20 (the one after Ifrit) you can speak to the minstrels.

I was worried about the cross-world thing, but it does seem to try to pair you up with players in your server first. Best of both worlds I suppose, for those with not much gaming time can still find a dungeon to play very quickly with people across all servers.

Also, check out the range of Chocobo outfits:

VzQvw00.png

Ooh, nice one. I can't remember what level I left Sanicle, think she is around 17, so not too far to go to level 20. I was thinking of starting a little conjurer this weekend, but I'll just focus on getting her to 20 by running some dungeons and getting on with the story line so that I can have a look at the other classes. :)

Loving those outfits. :wub:

Well that looks like it will solve the main gripe I had about FFXI, waiting around for ages forming parties. Great stuff! :)

Looking forward to playing the beta properly tomorrow, as last weekend was spent setting up the PS3 and sorting out all the accounts, downloads, and beta registration etc.

Sorry to divert back to FFXI for a moment. Logged on for the first time in 4 odd years last night, and it's certainty a lot quieter. Logged back in at WotG San D'Oria and couldn't remember how to get back to my home point... Also, FFXI looks awful on the PS2 ;-) Had to rename Sanjuro, am now Hinault.

I set this to download last night before going to bed, came back this morning and it had downloaded 300MB before deciding it couldn't connect to the server :doh:

Should have it all downloaded in an hour or two.

I know that Moogle was on the right tab list of servers when creating my characters on the PS3, but I was being dim with the controller and for some reason couldn't get the cursor to move over to the other tab to access that list. It's part of the reason I switched to laptop! I find navigating the menus with the mouse and keyboard much easier. :)

Left tab for me was Jap servers and right was EU/NA ones. Maybe you can flit between EU and NA and me being a berk didn't check that is why? It would make sense as I'm running into characters called 'Silky Panties' and 'Ghey Phaggot' :-/

Has there been any word on the PS4 version? I'm tempted to hold out for that but only if it's going to be a launch title (or worst case at least 2013).

Edit: seems to be early 2014 :( Can't help thinking that's a missed opportunity. Would have the added appeal of being a shiny launch title. I could have seen it getting more interest than the PS3 version will, as that will no doubt struggle with the game.

Left tab for me was Jap servers and right was EU/NA ones. Maybe you can flit between EU and NA and me being a berk didn't check that is why? It would make sense as I'm running into characters called 'Silky Panties' and 'Ghey Phaggot' :-/

Moogle was right at the bottom of the EU list for me. Wasn't obvious that the list scrolled down but it did.

Yes, they are linked so yes you can group with players from both. I was in a group with Laine last weekend, me on the PC and she was on the PS3 version. TONK GOGOGOGO!

Re-roll, scruffy! Come to Moogle! Beeerrrrkkkkk.

Yes, I created a linkshell called Albionjr last weekend. :) I'll be online in 10 minutes, just waiting for silly squirt to get sleepy and go for his nap. Character name is Sanicle Mystari so send a tell for an invite! Will only be on for about an hour I think but will be on all evening from 7ish onwards.