IGNORED

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

8 hours ago, koefoed said:

Realised I must buy the last three expansions now, just hit level 60 and can't progress any further until I buy the next expansion.

FYI - you only need to buy and register Endwalker (the latest expansion) and you'll have access to the previous two expansions.

11 hours ago, fragglerock said:

All the expansions do have inconsistent pacing at times... I hope it does grab you when it gets going though!

Do remember to do side stuff and crafting etc if the msq grind is getting to you for a bit. trying a different battle class can be interesting too!

I will power through, takes a bit longer with Heavensward as I actually watch and read most cutscenes. Having a bit of a hard time following everything in the story, too many dragons, crazy priests and mysterious men. 😁 But I think I have a grasp over the bigger picture.

Had to change all my bars too as it turns out I haven't really understood what all the spells do, there are maybe a bit too many different passives and statuses to keep track of. And everything is so bizarrely named making it even harder to understand what it does.

But really enjoying the game so far, my old record was about level 24 and I must say the game becomes much better after the first main game is done.

Looking forward to the rest as I bought Endwalker yesterday.

Heavensward done. People found and dragons slain. Was a nice story but I still hope for more combat and less teleporting only to watch a 3 minutes cutscene.

Almost level 64 on my black mage! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

It's taken me a long time, but I finally finished Endwalker.

I really enjoyed most of it, there were some moments that really got me 

Spoiler

Urianger and Moenbrydas parents, the voices in the final zone when you're alone.

But not 100% sure it earned certain other big plot points.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone in here going for the two volume encyclopaedia of Eorzea books and kept up to date with previews or reviews or anything like that? My mum asked me what I want for my birthday and my mind just keeps whispering the two volume encyclopaedia of Eorzea books. I’m going to be 40 😳

I don’t really even play the game anymore. Will finally play through Endwalker perhaps over summer. Just wonder if reading the encyclopaedia will trigger massive FOMO just like playing the game purely for MSQ bizness does 😞 

I am very tempted... but then I would need the earlier ones, and if I got those it would be a crime not to get the art books, and I don't have space or money for that!

You want to have played EW before looking too at the books too much... spoilers abound even in the advertising material!

• 2 months later...

I've been away since Endwalker as well, and wondering if its worth hopping back in yet. What story/side quest content has been dropped so far since Endwalker (without spoiling it, obvs)? And is there a new MSQ yet?