Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

21 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

What server is everyone on? I went on omega as moogle was full and not accepting new characters. 

I'm on Spriggan, which was a 'preferred' server (with the Road to 70 double XP bonus) when I started a couple of months ago but now isn't even accepting new characters 👀 
I think most of us here are on the Chaos data centre (Cerberus, Louisoix, Moogle, Omega, Ragnarok, Spriggan) which is what counts when it comes to playing together. 

And it shouldn't be long before they allow cross data centre travel.

Not sure when but I think they've said they're going to allow EU players to go from Chaos to Light for now with the plan being to allow you to travel to any server you want after Endwallers release, though that was all before the servers all got swamped

I've reached the level 60 cap on the free trial, and I'd guess about half way through Heavensward. Is this the point I should unlock the full game? (I've already purchased a code a couple of weeks ago). Should I be worried I'm now 'wasting' XP by continuing, or should I wait until I complete this expansion?

It's difficult to say, Stormblood is designed for you to go from 60-70 so whilst you would be "wasting exp" it also wouldn't really matter as your be over-levelled when you get to Stormblood.

What you could do is take on another class/job and use side quests, hunting log, roulettes and levequests to get to the story quests (those with the + on their icon) and continue the story that way?

10 hours ago, wev said:

What you could do is take on another class/job and use side quests, hunting log, roulettes and levequests to get to the story quests (those with the + on their icon) and continue the story that way?

Yep this is what I did, to make it a bit easier and assuming you own Stormblood you could pick a red mage or samurai as they start at 50.

Is that possible on the trial though? I own the complete edition, but I've avoid pressing the upgrade button on the launcher to enter my code as I wasn't sure if that would immediately start my 30 days.

No, I think you need to have Stormblood on your account to play Red Mage or Samurai. Taking on any of the starter classes as a secondary one is allowed on the trial though (or I think it is) and once upon a time you were forced to take on a second class to obtain a soul stone for a job.

Could always start one of the Heavensward jobs if you don't fancy levelling a new job from level 1 and want to stay on the trial for now. They start at 30 but it doesn't take that long to catch them up.

I mean A Realm Reborn is literally that. They completely reworked everything from the ground up. FFXIV 1.0 was replaced entirely with 2.0.

Context:

https://kotaku.com/yes-final-fantasty-xiv-really-was-this-bad-the-first-t-1789996867

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/why-final-fantasy-14-failed-and-how-it-was-reborn/

Maybe Doctor Shark’s character was on 1.0.

I'm about half way through the Stormblood MSQ in terms of number of quests and Yotsuyu and the other empire big dogs are such good baddies. After outer space mask wearing magic guys and ancient mystical dragons, it's nice to go up against some good old fashioned human dickheads. 

12 minutes ago, bobontheway said:

I mean A Realm Reborn is literally that. They completely reworked everything from the ground up. FFXIV 1.0 was replaced entirely with 2.0.

Context:

https://kotaku.com/yes-final-fantasty-xiv-really-was-this-bad-the-first-t-1789996867

https://www.gamesradar.com/uk/why-final-fantasy-14-failed-and-how-it-was-reborn/

From my understanding though, 1.0 characters carried over and became Legacy characters

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Legacy_Campaign

13 minutes ago, Pungee said:

I'm about half way through the Stormblood MSQ in terms of number of quests and Yotsuyu and the other empire big dogs are such good baddies. After outer space mask wearing magic guys and ancient mystical dragons, it's nice to go up against some good old fashioned human dickheads. 

I really liked how grounded Stormblood was too, and bringing life to forgotten realms was awesome, plus the amount of time Raubahn gets not to mention Hien being so chill and awesome.

2 hours ago, bobontheway said:

Context:

No, I played ARR when it first came out and got a paladin to level 38. I even found him using the character lookup:

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3380193/

But he's not on my account at all, I've checked ever data centre and server (although I was on Moogle, same as everyone else at launch on this forum). I've not played since 2013 hence me wondering if they may have wiped long-dormant characters. It's not a huge deal, I've started again anyway but just curious.

That it appears on the mogstation but not in your character list is weird. If they had deleted it then it would be gone from the website too.

Is it possible it was a different account? You can get a list of all your characters on this page  https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/account/select_character/ 

you could drop support an email... I would worry there is something weird about my account if a character was missing!

Mid-Stormblood mild spoiler story question:

Spoiler

After the fight with Zenos where Yugiri tries to assassinate him on his visit to Doma, it shows a cutscene of (I assume) Estinien without a helmet standing over a giant hole in the ground. I assume this is where Omega and the new primal crashed at the end of the Heavensward story. Is that right? Am I supposed to know that’s where he is at this point? I missed some of the dialogue in that scene and am afraid to Google it for the inevitable big spoilers that will come up.

On 08/09/2021 at 21:11, Pungee said:

Mid-Stormblood mild spoiler story question:

Hide contents

After the fight with Zenos where Yugiri tries to assassinate him on his visit to Doma, it shows a cutscene of (I assume) Estinien without a helmet standing over a giant hole in the ground. I assume this is where Omega and the new primal crashed at the end of the Heavensward story. Is that right? Am I supposed to know that’s where he is at this point? I missed some of the dialogue in that scene and am afraid to Google it for the inevitable big spoilers that will come up.

Yes, and not yet for knowing where he is at the moment. Look for NPC's in Rhalgr's Reach with new quests, that will guide you to where it all is.

Can’t beat AST for pretty animations and job armour sets 😍

I am a bit confused by these videos though, should there be context for what these actions are at this point? Even for jobs I play at level 70+ (NIN and AST), I’m still not sure what I’ve been watching there beyond the fact that they look suitably flashy and cool as hell. 

Some people can see what's going on, some people can't. There'll be a whole bunch of breakdown vids soon from the community.

I main DRG and spotted there's little pips next to the Blood of the Dragon meter now and the very last attack looked new, but apparently in the Live Letter they said Blood of the Dragon will pop automatically now, meaning one less thing in the rotation (though in gonna kind of miss hitting that button)

2 hours ago, Pungee said:

Can’t beat AST for pretty animations and job armour sets 😍

I am a bit confused by these videos though, should there be context for what these actions are at this point? Even for jobs I play at level 70+ (NIN and AST), I’m still not sure what I’ve been watching there beyond the fact that they look suitably flashy and cool as hell. 

To be fair, it was accompanied by a ... 6 and a half hour "Live letter" going through all the changes. And some how, town teleportation maps got far more time than SCH news.

image.png.d7cf859dfc09f9254e94a55e9ef149f9.png

Did the second stage of my Resistance weapon for Dragoon yesterday and now need to start the Recollection stage, will be the first time I've had any up to date gear since ARR launch! :lol:

Jesse Cox did a relatively concise and spoiler free lore video about the broad strokes of the background that's pretty good fun:

I had never picked up on all where all the different eras were supposed to fit.

I get the piss taken out of me by my wife for some of the ropey voice acting and excessively weeby stuff in this game but nothing could’ve prepared me for the abuse I got for turning it on to play and her seeing this on the login screen:

899AC21D-8CCF-4A02-86DA-2D388F663BD1.thumb.jpeg.18597164016ad5b337c78da1c380531f.jpeg