Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

12 hours ago, Melon_Bread said:

yeah just pug em, they were reasonably easy, watch vids before and wing it. You need to do them for the relic weapon so you get a group pretty quick.

I'd say you can mostly get away with just winging it with the Ivalice raids too, I certainly have. I think the only difficult bit is the sniper dude, that catches alot of people out.

But yeah, they're constantly being done, partially because of the relic and partially because alot of people really like them.

5 hours ago, wev said:

I'd say you can mostly get away with just winging it with the Ivalice raids too, I certainly have. I think the only difficult bit is the sniper dude, that catches alot of people out.

But yeah, they're constantly being done, partially because of the relic and partially because alot of people really like them.

yeah, a few of them have some funky mechanics that’ll kill you but that’s why we have healers, to res you!

It is def a fun raid, gonna do it again soon if only for the triple triad cards.

this game does a very good job of keeping old content valid.

I'm working my way though Heavensward and, apart from thepointless filler mini-MSQs obviously there to pad things out between the ones where the story actually happens, I am loving it. Doing The Aery and The Vault today has really got me excited for the improvements in dungeons in future expansions - definitely a step up from the ARR ones. I kind of wish I was doing these when they were new and not tearing through them with level synced teammates, but it's still excellent. 

Level 60 NIN now and feel like I'm settling into the groove of the abilities as the rate it throws new ones at me has started slowing down. Still not bored of the CLANG CLANG CLANG of the mudra combos 🤌

I've just started this (kinda of again) on PS5. Its been many years since i dabbled, and i know the early game XP/levelling issues have been streamlined since, which makes life so much easier.

I joined Moogle as per the thread title. Is there a clan? Who should i add as friends? Can you send me freebies? :eyebrows:

I loved the afternoon i spent on it today. Simple stuff, but thats what i wanted. And its all working towards levelling up, which as we know is sooooo addictive.

On 27/07/2021 at 17:19, Hexx said:

29A5CDA1-63E8-41D2-9778-AA56A131C5FD.thumb.jpeg.b2f8e59f4be621814ef43eb140be8788.jpeg

Make sense?

x/o/square as normal 

left dpad/right dpad when procs

Yes I know I have contra six on twice 😛

Can’t get a cross bar screenshot but that’s where CorpsCorp and Melee is. 

20210729_130202.thumb.jpg.83cbb57c8725c35519c20b5ba7013a40.jpgthis is mine.

One set of magic on one X, Square etc and the other set on dpad. Then melee, cure and ogcd on L2+ with aoes on one of my cross bars

On 27/07/2021 at 21:24, Alan Stock said:

Also I want to do the second main Hildebrand story but can't find out where to start it and the wiki isn't much help. If anyone knows please let me know where the starting character for the quest is!

Should be this one, once you've finished Stormblood.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/quest/e52e0518ad4/

Pretty vanilla. I play on PC but a decade of FFXI ingrained controller input so I stuck with that.

181172667_Screenshot2021-07-29132906.thumb.jpg.10848c6425d0ebe6aea5c26d3e2d0cdf.jpg

The crossbar changes depending on the order I press L2+R2 or R2+L2.

16 hours ago, Curtis said:

I've just started this (kinda of again) on PS5. Its been many years since i dabbled, and i know the early game XP/levelling issues have been streamlined since, which makes life so much easier.

I joined Moogle as per the thread title. Is there a clan? Who should i add as friends? Can you send me freebies? :eyebrows:

I loved the afternoon i spent on it today. Simple stuff, but thats what i wanted. And its all working towards levelling up, which as we know is sooooo addictive.

There once was a Free Company (clan) but alot of us are in different ones now. We do have a in-game text chat channel (CWLS) that allows us to chat to others on any server within the Chaos datacentre (which Moogle is a part of).

3 hours ago, wev said:

20210729_130202.thumb.jpg.83cbb57c8725c35519c20b5ba7013a40.jpgthis is mine.

One set of magic on one X, Square etc and the other set on dpad. Then melee, cure and ogcd on L2+ with aoes on one of my cross bars

That would break my little brain 

It's honestly not that complicated and means I build up both sides of the bar equally as it gives me a rhythm. Then once it hits that magic 80 on both sides I use my closer and melee.

I used to Displacement after using Flare or Holy but that often led to be being in more trouble 😂

Speaking of trouble, I ran Halitali a moment ago as MRD with my Command Squad. Not really touched the class much since ARR when you had to level up two classes to specific levels to then take on a Job. It went fine but not fine enough that I'd run it with real human people.

BRD

ffxiv_21072021_113554_680.thumb.jpg.40c1f20b52a324fefbf0c014947708ba.jpg

SAM

ffxiv_13022020_193059_737.thumb.jpg.e276152532a4f9d07508b9bd0af72a8d.jpg

I try to keep keep a similar scheme across all my jobs so on the R2 face buttons I have the regularly used abilities and builders, then on the dpad it's often used damage abilities or those triggered by the face buttons. L2 face buttons are AoE abilities, then the dpad usually common support abilities. 

For the L2/R2 double tap I have abilities with a long cool down or that take a while to build up, again support on the L2 side and damage on the R2 side. I also put these on the hotbar on the bottom so I can see when they're ready.

Also put them in the order of use where I can, so my song rotation goes from left to right, SAM uses the layout of the gauge, so I know Shifu is needed next. The controller cross bar is quite handy in turning actions into patterns, which has proved useful for Ninja. I couldn't tell you the mudra combinations but putting them on the face buttons I know the pattern for each ninjutsu.

I've found most of my jobs so far generally fit within the scheme and it does make them easier to pick up after not playing for a while.

Just started Heavensward after a short break from intensively mainlining ARR (this short break was spent playing a different Final Fantasy game :blush:). Thinking of changing jobs. I didn’t mess with anything other than levelling up my gladiator and into a paladin.

Any recommendations? I was thinking Dragoon coz their armour is fucking gangsta.

Is the Dark knight or whatever class in Heavensward or did that come in a later expansion? I get it’s another tank class, but the Berserk fan in me needs to try it.

19 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Any good? I’m expecting the roles and responsibilities in battle to be pretty similar to my current paladin’s. 

I’ve been enjoying it. It’s another tank role so responsibilities remain the same. A bit easier to maintain aggro on a group compared with my Warrior but felt a bit squishier initially. You do get massive swords though :)

With the Road to 70 bonus I ended up hitting 70 before I knew it and have now started levelling a Samurai just to ensure that sweet exp bonus doesn’t get wasted. Seems fun so far and levelling another class is very quick with no downsides so just try as many as you want!

Got MRD to lvl30 last night, still not gonna do group content but beginning to quite enjoy it. The animations for it are really satisfying even if the early gear is fucking awful!

Gonna try and make a Noir from Persona 5 glamour for MRD/WAR

I'm a big fan of the extra hotbars on L2/R2 double tap:

image.thumb.png.bb0376742e720eb8bb666c5bc150161a.png

Main stuff on the L2 and R2 bars, double tap R2 for when something is going wrong and I need to not die, double tap L2 for the utility/getting around stuff. As I unlock more skills I'll eventually replace the travel stuff from the double tap L2 menu.

I've never gotten used to the double tap ones, I always forget about them or have just never gotten the layout right. I do love the ones where you hold L2+R2/R2+L2 though

Also, amazing name!

52 minutes ago, Pungee said:

As I unlock more skills I'll eventually replace the travel stuff from the double tap L2 menu.

You can set it so that out of combat you have set 1 selected and then when you enter combat it changes to set 2.

So I have all my travel and out of combat stuff on set 1 and all my combat on set 2.

I didn't know that, can you point me to the right submenu in settings to do that?

I use the double tap triggers as well as the hold triggers, so I pretty much can fit everything from combat abilities to chocobo commands on there without needing to change sets.

1 hour ago, Alan Stock said:

I didn't know that, can you point me to the right submenu in settings to do that?

I use the double tap triggers as well as the hold triggers, so I pretty much can fit everything from combat abilities to chocobo commands on there without needing to change sets.

Character Configuration > Hotbar Settings > Custom, then under set selection enable auto hotbar selection and choose your sets for sheathed/unsheathed. 

On 30/07/2021 at 12:49, wev said:

I've never gotten used to the double tap ones, I always forget about them or have just never gotten the layout right. I do love the ones where you hold L2+R2/R2+L2 though

Also, amazing name!

A wee tip, set your double tap abilities to display on the screen using the cross hotbar, then resize them to make them smaller. I have my hotbars laid out like this:

doubletaps left side            doubletaps right side

\                                / 

main cross hotbar

The only abilities I can't see are the holding triggers ones, but I put my least used abilities on them and I just have to pull a trigger to see the relevant actions.

I think I may have to wait until a more peak time to finish off Stormblood. Currently sat here as a WHM in a queue for the final trial and it's at nearly 40 minutes already. The previous instance popped instantly. I had a similar problem with the snake lady trial yesterday too.

The queue for Leap of Faith in the Gold Saucer was just over 5 minutes which was pretty massive for an instance with no roles. That being said, you should check if you have all the languages checked in the duty settings or if you've restricted it to just English. Those trials are in the Trial Roulette so the queue shouldn't be that long.