Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Also, Nomura confirmed to have no involvement with any other character design!

KEOblVk.png

My regular Saturday group have switched from doing treasure maps because the RNG has been shiiiiiite for us since 5.4 launched. We're doing PotD now, made it to floor 130 today, guess who is the only one to have died? :( (Though, everyone else had already started a run previously so their gear is better than mine)

I finally got caught up with MSQ earlier in the week just so I could enjoy the showcase announcement without fear of spoilers. 

I’m still not over it. 

At about 2.24 in the trailer, it’s him isn’t it? 

Spoiler

Emet? Please? Please. 

Played this *a lot* between 2013 and 2016 and really enjoyed it. I absolutely loved the raiding in it, did the second big batch of Heavensward raids but stopped because I started working full time again and just couldn't commit.

I've had the itch every now and again to get back in, and after looking at the new expansion I woke up this morning half asleep thinking about some of the great dungeon bosses, so I've decided I want to be ready for Endwalker. ^_^

Just hope I can get back into my original account, I have the username/password but no access to the one-time-code thingy, I've fired off an email to the support so hopefully I can pick up where I left off as I'd grinded everything to 60. :unsure:

3 hours ago, Straps said:

Played this *a lot* between 2013 and 2016 and really enjoyed it. I absolutely loved the raiding in it, did the second big batch of Heavensward raids but stopped because I started working full time again and just couldn't commit.

I've had the itch every now and again to get back in, and after looking at the new expansion I woke up this morning half asleep thinking about some of the great dungeon bosses, so I've decided I want to be ready for Endwalker. ^_^

Just hope I can get back into my original account, I have the username/password but no access to the one-time-code thingy, I've fired off an email to the support so hopefully I can pick up where I left off as I'd grinded everything to 60. :unsure:

Shadowbringers is the best Final Fantasy SE have done in decades and the main antagonist probably being the best out of the entire series.

• 2 months later...

Just tried to redownload this and give it a go since there’s now a PS5 version.

I subscribed once a long time ago on PS4 so I know I’m not eligible for the trial.

I’ve downloaded the PS5 beta client and when I try to log in I’m presented with the “I already have a square enix account” option only. So, it knows I’m not a new user (tested this with a brand new PSN account and it gives you the option of creating an account then).

When I do log in it just tells me that I’m not eligible for the trial. No option to subscribe. Just back to the login screen.

My original account was one that transferred over from a PS3 account so I’m guessing the whole thing is just confused. .

I was hoping to resub for a month and play with a friend from the beginning while he is on a trial. Unfortunately if we both go on a trial account we won’t be able to party up, right?

I’m concerned that if I buy the digital edition on PS4 or add a month via the website I’ll just be throwing money away

83BF44D3-5DD8-4190-B165-7EF6DF972B75.thumb.jpeg.7f0531b856ae08b19156e67bbfd748a2.jpeg

My square enix account shows that I definitely own the game. Can someone just confirm that I need to resub for my problems to be solved?

I’m a bit lost as to what to do here.

1 hour ago, Bojangle said:

I had the same issue, you need an active sub to play it. Why they didn’t make that more clear in the message when you try signing in is beyond me. 

Excellent. I’ll resub then and see how it goes.

It's a weird way of running an open beta.  I had an account many years ago, and thought I might try the PS5 version to see if it was any good.  There doesn't seem to be any way to even start a new account or anything to try the beta.  

Yeah, I’ve always found it quite odd that any lapsed subscription (mine lapsed in 2015) is completely ineligible for the now expanded trial and a PSN account can only ever be linked to a single SEN account.

Oh, I was under the impression that the PS5 beta was only for subbed accounts and not an "open" beta. Not that it matters to me, not got a ps5 and am still playing.

Also, those of you on PS5 will be spending some time sorting out the UI as apparently it's fucking huge but the dialogue text is tiny.

It is not heavily used but if you give your character name to <some one> they can invite you to a cross world linkshell.

Edit: I think I can do it actually ... message me "Fraggle L'rock" or drop your name in here.

Hey folks. Bit of help required. 

I played up to the end of ARR then parked it to wait for the PS5 patch to drop. I’ve picked it back up but I am totally stuck now on a quest where I keep getting smoked by 4 Ascian mages. 

I’ve googled and the consensus seems to be I need to run lvl 50 dungeons to up my gears level. But most of these answers seem to be 5 years old. 

Is there any other way to get better gear at level 50 as I don’t really fancy spending ages waiting for and running dungeons just to progress the main story. 

I’m currently rocking half and half between ilvl 50 and 70. 

You can buy good gear with the poetics tombstones.

It is Ironworks gear in Mor Dhona from Auriana.

Also if this is a solo trial then fail it and select easy, should make it... Easier...

What data center/world? If you are on chaos and cannot reach the vendor or have the tombs I can craft you some stuff

How do I get those tombstones? I did see that advice but thought you still had to run loads of dungeons to get them?

Unfortunately it’s not a trial. I’ve failed about 7 times already :D

Thanks but I’m on Omega as it was the only one accepting new players when I started. 

You may have picked some up through doing dungeons when you played before, they are in your 'currency' tab.

Omega is in the Chaos data centre so I can hand you some stuff if you want. What exact class/level are you?

The patch just lifted and they claim that world travel is working again :)

25 minutes ago, BabelRich said:

How do I get those tombstones? I did see that advice but thought you still had to run loads of dungeons to get them?

Unfortunately it’s not a trial. I’ve failed about 7 times already :D

Thanks but I’m on Omega as it was the only one accepting new players when I started. 

Sounds like youre in a single player instance? Like fragglerock says, it should offer to let you drop the difficulty. Stuff out in the field shouldn't be causing too much trouble, if it is out in the field, make sure you have your Chocobo running around with you, it acts as an excellent tank.

But yes, Tomestones come from dungeons.

Anybody else have a PS5 desktop where the d-pad and analog joysticks do not trigger any action on screen? Might be a freak incident, linked to the FFXIV PS5 update or even the latest PS5 firmware.

3 hours ago, wev said:

Sounds like youre in a single player instance? Like fragglerock says, it should offer to let you drop the difficulty. Stuff out in the field shouldn't be causing too much trouble, if it is out in the field, make sure you have your Chocobo running around with you, it acts as an excellent tank.

But yes, Tomestones come from dungeons.

Nah it’s definitely not an instance. The quest is called The Gift; you follow the white robed Ascian from North from Walking Sands having a few battles along the way and at the end, 4 other mages spawn and destroy me. 

Good point about the Choccobo though I’d completely forgotten that was even an option. 

• 3 weeks later...

This game is just :wub:. Been playing it with a couple of mates (I’m subbing and they’re on free trials) and it’s just the most chill experience.

We’re all sitting at around 45 level-wise and about 35 in the main scenario quests. Done a few of the duties and am very pleasant surprised by how nice the community is when it comes to teaching newbies like us the ropes.

The level sync is a godsend as well as one of my mates can play waaaaay more than than the rest of us and yet he can’t steamroll content for us thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...