IGNORED

Microsoft Kinect

Asura

Personally I would agree that it's mostly gash.

But I blame Nintendo for infecting everyone with the waggle bug.

First they came for Michael J Fox, then they came for us. It's a joke about Parkinson's disease.

Hey, Smits, you seem a bit upset. Is everyone saying flail is shit getting to you a bit?

Dude, I've no fucking idea what you're talking about.

I've not been gushing with praise for any of the stuff we've seen.

As I said, as a core gamer or whatever, i've yet to get excited about Natal.

Pack your bullshit preconceptions away, roll them into a cigar and go smoke it on a beach somewhere.

You don't have to do this on behalf of MS, you know?

Do what?

My opinion so far would be 'meh'.

What exactly am I doing for MS?

So, if you play a game where you have to stab people, won't you need someone in your living room to stab so that Kinect can register the action? And as gamers are antisocial loners, won't that person typically have to be a prostitute?

well, I lolled.

I don't know what your problem is

I ain't got one, Smits. Note the lack of my shouting at people to go fuck themselves. I just find the Natal thing funny, but even better is that you seem to think the laughter's addressed at you personally: "I've not been this, I've not been that". So, you know, roll your own neck in.

What about on behalf of humanity?

We've already got Shepard to look after us on that front. Though I suppose if they roll out EDI I'll be impressed*.

Actually... Oh fuck... whatever happens, please, Bioware, do not be suckered into supporting this in ME3.

I wonder if Gorf is going to pussy out of a giving an explanation, again.

EXPLANATION FOR SMITTY:

(Warning: this requires some reading)

1. Read whole thread.

2. Observe some posters' defensive posture regarding Natal.

3. Observe same posters' aggressive posture regarding Waggle.

4. Lol at thread.

Stuck on 2 or 3? Can't get to 4? Enrol in a night class.

What was up with that Star Wars shit? They didn't have someone doing the moves, just a video of generic Star Wars game with basic graphics.

Man.

Probably because that worked so well yesterday.

To me it looked like a Dragon's Lair clone almost. Very 'detached' and probably very early in development.

The future of racing games isn't as bright as I was hoping for. :lol:

Was I the only one expecting a giant well-deserved sneer towards Gran Turismo there and got away disappointed by a Myst photo-album of a car?

The future of racing games isn't as bright as I was hoping for. :lol:

what if your room isn't big enough to allow you to walk all the way around the car...

also - in the driving stuff... can I use the pad and only have Knieval track my head moves?

Head tracking to make sure the camera is focused where you want it to be- good. The rest, utterly, utterly, pointless. And notice how things are activated by being held over something until the circle fills. That will get annoying before it's even been used.

what if your room isn't big enough to allow you to walk all the way around the car...

also - in the driving stuff... can I use the pad and only have Knieval track my head moves?

Well, to "walk" around your Ferrari it seems all you have to do is lean to one side or the other.

And pad? Get yourself a racing racing wheel. That's an alternative controller worth having. :lol:

Head tracking to make sure the camera is focused where you want it to be- good. The rest, utterly, utterly, pointless. And notice how things are activated by being held over something until the circle fills. That will get annoying before it's even been used.

yeah - I noticed that. I'll try that once then grab my controler while saying "F$%K THIS SHIT" (and I'll pronounce the symbols as well)

it'll be lol when people by Wii wheels to play Knieval Racing Games

It's exactly how the eyetoy menus worked as well.

To be fair to Natal, it's not like the Wii or DS launched with so much amazing software. DS was all tech demos and a port from a previous console while Wii was Wii Sports and a port from a previous console.