Microsoft Kinect

Asura

Oh man, thanks for all the nice comments about the video, it's had over 2,400 views since friday night which is nice!

The YouTube comments are proper funny though. Loads of people seem to thnk i'm a Sony fanboy.

Considering wireless adaptors have an rrp of £50, anything is possible. I am 100% not interested if it has no internal processing, as it will have to syphon power from the 360, which to me says it can't be implemented without degrading the fidelity of current games. Which means mini games. All the hand recognition stuff looks like a joke and a complete waste of energy, even if you do it properly. Not too mention the idea they might have finally created and implemented functioning and usable voice-recognition is a hilarious beyond words.

I am 100% not interested if it has no internal processing, as it will have to syphon power from the 360, which to me says it can't be implemented without degrading the fidelity of current games. Which means mini games.

Does. Not. Compute.

Snowbind does have a point, but if there's anough processing power left over for something of the standard of a top class Wii game then it won't be all bad.

*dons asbestos suit*

There'll likely be far more power than that left over. We've seen the Orange Box running via a leaked video since they removed it, that's not the most current game or engine, but still.

I am 100% not interested if it has no internal processing, as it will have to syphon power from the 360, which to me says it can't be implemented without degrading the fidelity of current games. Which means mini games.

Just wait till they try to do proper 3D games with it simultaneously.....

3D-monster-maze-T-rex-2-steps-away.png

But in 3D. And at 720p.

Strange becuase that was done to save costs and yet it seems to have a 100+ quide price tag. Are MSFT playing a big bluff and announce the real price at E3?

It will probably come bundled with a game, or collection of mini-games, in order to justify the price.

Just wait till they try to do proper 3D games with it simultaneously.....

3D-monster-maze-T-rex-2-steps-away.png

But in 3D. And at 720p.

It will probably come bundled with a game, or collection of mini-games, in order to justify the price.

I'm not ashamed to admit that if it came with a game where you stroke and pet Pinata's and they make soothing little noises in return then I'd pre-order the fucker now.

But then I am under stress at the moment.

All that concerns me is if it will come with a redesigned 360 or not. If not (which is probably likely,) I can hold off until something killer is released for it.

People keep mentioning this; would the unit even work if it wasn't directly under their TV? Does anyone here have their 360 directly under their TV? Not 10" under their TV, I mean directly underneath?

People keep mentioning this; would the unit even work if it wasn't directly under their TV? Does anyone here have their 360 directly under their TV? Not 10" under their TV, I mean directly underneath?

The rumour is there will be a slim 360 bundle with a separate natal camera.

That said, I'm not sure that there's a requirement that Natal be in a particular position relative to the TV in the same way that, say, the Wii sensor bar needs to be. It's not like you're going to be doing pointer stuff on it. It'll need to be near it, but not necessarily right in place.

They mean packaged with it, not melted into the plastic shell of the console you numpty :omg: