IGNORED

Microsoft Kinect

Asura

I still think that with a controller, some of the headtracking gubbins could be quite novel but unfortunately, it's probably just going to be a load of shitty mini game wank and some completely unnecessary and far more unwieldy control systems for games that work perfectly well with a pad. Like the demo'd driving games.

This is going to be AMAZING and you know it! Genius Microsoft, genius!

500x_cirque.jpg

Sunday, June 13 is the date of what Microsoft is calling the "world premiere" of Project Natal, the camera-based motion sensing peripheral for the Xbox 360, and what better way to herald the coming of a device that marries movement and gaming than with the movement experts of the Cirque du Soleil?

[yt]TJNDPNIJDQY[/yt]

This is going to be AMAZING and you know it! Genius Microsoft, genius!

500x_cirque.jpg

Jesus, Cirque Du Soleil? It's like going back to the 90s in terms of irrelevant match up of marketing and product.

Let's not talk about the games, but a shitty show showing the power of Natal through the interpretation of dance.

They should have got Action! Image! Exchange! instead...

[yt]pFIDvc01VK8[/yt]

http://kotaku.com/5540223/swedish-retailer...d-its-expensive

At least three Swedish retailers are listing a price for upcoming Xbox 360 motion controller Project Natal, and it's not good.

While UK sources were telling MCV that the motion controller would run $80, perhaps less, the three Swedish retail sites are all listing the device for 1,499 SEK, which works out to just under a whopping $200. Now keep in mind a $60 game runs nearly $80, but that's still a pretty penny if it's correct.

:o

Hahahaha that's £133 in the Queen's pounds! ;)

I wasn't going to buy one anyway, now I'm extra not going to buy one.

Exactly. Who ever wanted Natal in the first place? And who cares about the price now? I'll buy the rumoured remodeled 360 in the autumn as long as it doesn't come with that crap.

It's worth noting that game and console prices in Sweden are typically much higher than other places. A new game will set you back on average 699kr which is roughly £60.

The 360 Arcade itself costs 1999kr here so that's either a bundle, or the placeholder price.

It says on all the ones I've seen too " OBS. Priser samt specifikationer är preliminära och kan komma att ändras.

Pris, produktbeskrivning och releasedatum är preliminära och kan komma att ändras." which basically says the price is just a placeholder and will likely change. None of the articles picked up on this.

It says on all the ones I've seen too " OBS. Priser samt specifikationer är preliminära och kan komma att ändras.

Pris, produktbeskrivning och releasedatum är preliminära och kan komma att ändras." which basically says the price is just a placeholder and will likely change. None of the articles picked up on this.

Why would they when there's gullible idiots to be scaremongered?

Fuck knows what the correct grammar for that sentence is ;)

Think I'm the only one who seems to think 100-150 sounds right? It's not intended to be just a camera with a few minigames like an eyetoy or something. If it was then yes about 50-70 would be about right. Even just the camera function alone, that's way beyond what the eyetoy is capable of.

Yeah, true.

I guess it knows you are actually doing what it is asking you to do though - so in theory at least, it could say, accurately tell you how much fat you burn off, because it's actually watching you do it.

That's more accurate than "just weighing scales" is it?

Think I'm the only one who seems to think 100-150 sounds right? It's not intended to be just a camera with a few minigames like an eyetoy or something. If it was then yes about 50-70 would be about right. Even just the camera function alone, that's way beyond what the eyetoy is capable of.

An eyetoy would be worth about £5 now, so I'd feel robbed paying more than £50 for this.

I mean theoretically, because obviously I'm not going to buy this.

It's not intended to be just a camera with a few minigames like an eyetoy or something.

But that's all it'll be in about a year's time. No way am I paying more than about £40 for this thing, and even then I'd probably rather buy a new game.

Don't worry, I'm collecting all these quotes as they are going to be gold after June 13th. That's the day that everyone will suddenly understand that this is the future. After June 13th you'll look at your controllers and feel pity for them. In a year, you'll be binning them.