IGNORED

Microsoft Kinect

Asura

Space comments were 'misinterpreted'

A MS rep told the site: “The comments recently about the play space for “Project Natal” were misinterpreted.

“It is true that the ‘Project Natal’ sensor reads the configuration of your room and adjusts play space, as appropriate.

“We know that living rooms come in all shapes and sizes, and have conducted numerous play tests to ensure everyone will be able to jump off the couch and into the fun when ‘Project Natal’ launches globally this holiday.”

http://kotaku.com/5500643/japan-relax-about-project-natal

I can't wait to jump off the couch, move it back and then rearrange my other furniture so it's not in the way of the camera or my flailing body this holiday.

Apparently the health and safety politically correct interfering organisations wouldn't allow Microsoft to use x-rays.

The nice thing about the approach from Microsoft and Sony is that standing up and bounding about like a twat is only for those who buy the games for bouncing about like a twat.

I still think the vast majority of games that require a proper controller will use a proper controller. Unlike on the Wii where you're stuck with proper controls with added annoying waggle because every game has to use it.

The nice thing about the approach from Microsoft and Sony is that standing up and bounding about like a twat is only for those who buy the games for bouncing about like a twat.

I still think the vast majority of games that require a proper controller will use a proper controller. Unlike on the Wii where you're stuck with proper controls with added annoying waggle because every game has to use it.

You don't need to stand to waggle, this is why the Wii is so awesome and why natal is shit.

I know "it's good for teh health and the kidz" and all that bollocks but why does everyone assume we want to play a console standing up?

Who watches the fucking telly standing up?

But who plays tennis/golf/football sitting down? Apart from paraplegics, obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
I walked past a Gamestation today that had a board outside advertising Natal as the future of gaming, or words to that effect.

Was it written on a piece of cardboard brandished by a wild haired, vaguely evangelical looking homeless person?