rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Kevvy Metal

Crackdown 2 - July 9th 2010

hey gents, just had a snoop around the net and found these :wub: enjoy

found on thatgb.com

Thanks for that. Overall looking cool and I'm feeling very optimistic.

A couple of concerns though around Ruffian's comment that they regret the first game not having more of a narrative and their expressed desire to change this with the second game and also the comment about the primary focus being co-op play, (although I am hugely pleased that 4-player co-op is supported I don't want it forced upon me).

On a more positive note, it looks great, vehicle turrets that can be operated by a second agent should be nice and Mags sound awesome. Also, helicopters! :wub:

if you pick it up, give us your impressions

As a precursor to a purchase today I played the demo last night. I'm not sure whether the demo is considered respresentative of the full game, but here are my thoughts:

1. Agent control feels very twitchy. I'm assuming this is because as you level-up you become faster, stronger and more agile, resulting in a more weighty feel?

2. Lock-on. Is there a way to switch between targets in the lock-on mode? It's a bit frustrating to try to centre the camera on a distant target you want to shoot, then lock-on.

3. Aiming at body parts is a bit impractical when all hell is breaking loose around you, but would seem like the best way to survive under heavy fire (other than scarpering) resulting in taking additional damage whilst choosing what to shoot.

4. The city feels quite constricting because so much of the architecture in some areas is designed for you being more levelled up, so finding high ground when under fire from above is problematic.

5. Draw distance is great.

6. Cell shading looks very nice, giving the game a very distinctive style.

7. Weapons seem a bit ineffective - you have to put a serious amount of machine gun rounds into some of the foot soldier types.

I like what the game is trying to do, and for £5 it can't hurt to try, I'd just like to know if the more negative aspects I found are demo specific, or stuff that is addressed by levelling up.

Most of those concerns will fade after levelling up even slightly. More powerful weapons drop guys faster, not to mention flicking to target the head becomes second nature... in fact it can become a slightly macabre game of shooting limbs to make them drop weapons or fall over for you to punt them off a building, all totally done at your leisure. As far as it not feeling weighty... I dunno, I think you get used to it. Get the DLC so you have the ground-pound move... that's as weighty as it gets :eyebrows:

I'm still not sold on the mutants idea, but just thinking about revisiting the city and go orb hunting again makes me all mushy inside.

Could send you a chocolate log from the Ruffitoilet?

:P

That's not a very nice thing to say! Guess I had it coming :coffee:

Anyway, while the shots do look lovely I'm still not convinced by the whole freak business. Looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay footage, hopefully the game will indeed be ace.

Very nice. Very much liking the look of the hand-to-hand combat, or indeed the hand-to-massofconcreteontheendofarailingrippedunceremoniouslyfromitsformerhousing combat.

Hope the story is good too.

I think everyone knows how much of a Crackdown fan i am, i've mentioned it time and time again on the podcast and gave it GOTY... I'll be honest i've been keeping away from all the chat partley because i didn't want to spoil it and partly because i didn't want it to be shit.

Today i popped into this thread, and i'm amazed. This is going to be fan-fucking-tastic. I actually cant wait!

fan-fucking

In all honesty that's one of the 'pulls' of the game industry.

...though it's a shame the fans are mainly 14 year old boys :coffee:

Seriously though, it's really great and quite encouraging to read the buzz for this game ;)

Seriously though, it's really great and quite encouraging to read the buzz for this game ;)

Don't be too encouraged just yet. You've got a lot to live up to, Crackdown was a cracking ( ho hum ) game.

Personally, I can't wait. If done right, this could very well turn out to be the best game on the platform, for the entire generation.