rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptonian

Halo: Reach

And this should be the height of the Elite's conversational powers in Reach, thanks!

This.

Lord did they mess up a great enemy character in Halo 2. Turned proper moody animals into Brian Blessed. <_<

Reach's Elites will blatantly have 'improved' AI, and we'll all be disappointed.

/more pessimism

Lord did they mess up a great enemy character in Halo 2. Turned proper moody animals into Brian Blessed. :ph34r:

The Demon is slain by my hand!

Holy christ those weapons look amazing, they have the Killzone 2 in your face thing going on with the perception and detail compared to Halo 3. And Elites, good lawd!

Looks great, can't wait for the beta.

With this beta and Mass Effect 2 next year, plus Forza 3, ODST and COD this year. Couldn't be happier.

Taking off my rose tinted glasses, this is my favourite generation by miles.

Without a shadow of a doubt. Personally I feel every year gets better than the last, if you ignore the sometimes annoying ancillary noise and concentrate on the games.

How will we get access to this beta? Will it just be a case of putting the disc in and playing? It's just that I'm gonna trade my copy of ODST today, and was wondering if I might have to take a code down or something.

I reckon it would work in a simular way to the Crackdown/Halo 3 beta, ODST would get some kind of title update, adding a option to download via the menu, thats my guess anyway. Would be suprised if it didnt require the ODST disc at all.

I reckon it would work in a simular way to the Crackdown/Halo 3 beta, ODST would get some kind of title update, adding a option to download via the menu, thats my guess anyway. Would be suprised if it didnt require the ODST disc at all.

Almost certainly this.

Just came in to bump this. Was playing Halo 3 last night when an announcement popped up about the big first reveal.

This weekend!

We have!

UK time?

Kropotkin's right though, it'll be a short CGI snippet, like Uncharted 2's Spike unveiling, which won't say much.

Still, UK time?

I hope it's a proper gameplay demonstration as opposed to an "in-engine" reveal. The latter for Halo 2 and 3 looked far better than their respective games upon release, so it's fair to say I'm rather wary of them.

It'll be just a trailer, since the VGA's are an awards show, I doubt they'd want to stop the "exciting action" of handing out awards to demo a game.

There won't be a demo- that's for E3 I presume or something more along those lines

At the VGAs, we actually go down on to the Planet Reach and see this game for the first time. It’s all going to be in-game stuff. This is not CG. This is not live-action like all the kids on twitter are speculating. You will get a first glimpse at the world of Reach, which is phenomenal. I think it’s going to be the biggest game of next year by far. Folks love ODST and though it was great but when people see the huge leap forward Bungie is taking with Reach, I don’t know if you seen it yet, but everyone that I talked to that’s been on the team and seen it is incredibly excited about that time.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/keighley_ha...ggest_game.html

:)

Yup.

For those worried that it's going to be a 30sec trailer, it's rumoured to be 2+mins long.

:omg::)

OH GOD

I'M SO STAYING UP FOR THE SHITTY AWARDS FOR POTENTIALLY AWESOME TRAILERS

There won't be a demo- that's for E3 I presume or something more along those lines

I presume you're talking about a campaign demo, cos aren't we due the multiplayer demo sometime next spring?

I presume you're talking about a campaign demo, cos aren't we due the multiplayer demo sometime next spring?

We are, but it's a 'beta' and it's currently rumoured to go live in March 2010.

Only be available to those who bought Halo 3: ODST.

Yup.

For those worried that it's going to be a 30sec trailer, it's rumoured to be 2+mins long.

Sorry for the all posts, but I thought some might find this interesting...

Clocking in at two minutes and thirty seconds, it's "basically the opening of the game," and will give gamers the first look at the Halo Reach engine running in real-time. You'll meet the game's characters for the first time, complete with dialogue, all backed by an original score by Bungie's musical daddy, Marty O'Donnell.

"It's been a couple of years since we've seen new technology from Bungie," he explains. "As soon as you see Reach, you'll realize that these guys have definitely upped the ante when it comes to visual firepower of the engine."

http://www.destructoid.com/keighley-the-bi...me-157597.phtml

We are, but it's a 'beta' and it's currently rumoured to go live in March 2010.

Only be available to those who bought Halo 3: ODST.

Beta/demo, what's the difference?

Beta/demo, what's the difference?

I meant on stage demo of the game at an event, of single player- yah

That reads a lot like "no gameplay" to me...

I expected a 30 second CG trailer like when Halo 3 was first announced- so this is way better. In game graphics- 2 and a half minutes! I'm excited