rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptonian

Halo: Reach

I was stuck with shitty weapons when the last huge wave of brutes landed. They has a grunt with a fuel rod gun with em but he was staying behind them the whole time. I knew if I could just get to him I'd stand a chance. It took about 15 mins of hologram usage and sneaking but I managed it, and then with the fuel rod in hand I soon had a brute hammer. Once that was in hand mopping up the stragglers was easy

No other fps comes anywhere near this kind of macro strategic gameplay.

Been messing with theatre mode and its as addictive as the main game. The amount of stuff to do in Reach is quite staggering.

I've always felt that with Halo. It earns it's £40! Glad to see Reach getting the respect it deserves.

Somehow Bungie managed to make the final room in Reach (i.e after you've survived the waves of Brutes on the landing pads but before the final turret section) the best in the game.

That is a good section, but not one of my favourites in the whole game.

(Speaking of that room: anyone else notice that on the far end of that room, opposite the side you enter, there's a misplaced light bulb that floats in midair slightly in front of the wall it's meant to be on!)

I was stuck with shitty weapons when the last huge wave of brutes landed. They has a grunt with a fuel rod gun with em but he was staying behind them the whole time. I knew if I could just get to him I'd stand a chance. It took about 15 mins of hologram usage and sneaking but I managed it, and then with the fuel rod in hand I soon had a brute hammer. Once that was in hand mopping up the stragglers was easy

No other fps comes anywhere near this kind of macro strategic gameplay.

Last comment - yeah, they are without peer, Halo games, in that regard.

I've just finished Reach and really enjoyed it all the way through.

Regarding the ending, which I thought was pretty cool, was also pretty depressing.

Poor Six

Is there only one ending?

I've just finished Reach and really enjoyed it all the way through.

Regarding the ending, which I thought was pretty cool, was also pretty depressing.

Poor Six

Is there only one ending?

There's only one.

Well, better than 4 in every way but the campaign. Oh, and the multiplayer.

Sorry. I liked Reach a lot, but 4's absolutely superb. Perhaps it's because I'm a more casual player, but it just feels right for me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Reach is great but 4 has better better multiplayer maps, the drop in feature is great, as are the new weapons.

Thing is, which ever you prefer they're both awesome.

NO WE MUST FIGHT TO DETERMINE WHICH IS BEST AND BY EXTENSION WHICH GAME'S SUPPORTERS ARE CORRECT

• Upvote 1

I came here looking for a quote to post in the Edge 312 thread... a read of some posts later and I've just played finished The Winter Contingency on Legandary - will be my first Halo Reach play through on that difficulty :wub:

Now for Oni: Sword Base... one of my favourite Halo levels ever, the whole thing is so memorable. Wish me luck!

• Upvote 1

I feel sometimes like the impact and promise (perhaps unfulfilled...) of Halo CE overshadows the whole franchise but Reach really was a masterpiece and easily one of the finest FPSs. 

Even with armour lock spamming bastards online...! 

5 hours ago, Mars said:

I came here looking for a quote to post in the Edge 312 thread... a read of some posts later and I've just played finished The Winter Contingency on Legandary - will be my first Halo Reach play through on that difficulty :wub:

Now for Oni: Sword Base... one of my favourite Halo levels ever, the whole thing is so memorable. Wish me luck!

Isn’t that the one where you begin your assault on a beach or something? That but is incredible. Probably one of my fondest Halo memories.

The beach assault is at the start of Long Night of Solace, as you fight your way up to the launch base.

I've always thought of ONI Sword Base as a semi-remake of Halo CE's Halo, in that they're both Level Twos that present you with a warthog route that splits up and lets you choose which order to visit objectives. (But the Reach version only has two locations instead of three.)

The detailed stats breakdowns for Halo Reach on the Waypoint website are being turned off at some point today. So if you want to take a final look at them (and maybe take screenshots), do it quickly!

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-reach

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/halo-reach-detailed-web-stats-retirement---3-1-18/b5e734e7-2b16-448b-b5ee-8b2f6714bc65/posts

Hey folks – As some of you may have noticed, yesterday afternoon Halo: Reach detailed stats were turned off on Halo Waypoint. This morning the web team turned Reach stats back on again to give us an opportunity to provide some additional context and notice to players.In the interest of full transparency, this work was always planned but we got our wires crossed internally and did not alert players before the change was made. It’s always our goal to be upfront with our community and avoid these types of surprises so please read on for some important information about changes coming to Halo: Reach detailed stats on Halo Waypoint in the near future. 

What’s going on?
Halo: Reach detailed web stats are being retired in light of aging hardware issues and evolving customer privacy and security requirements across Microsoft. It’s important to note here that there will be NO IMPACT TO GAMEPLAY OR YOUR ABILITY TO PLAY HALO: REACH. Your high level stats summary will still be displayed but detailed stats will no longer be accessible on halowaypoint.com.

After spending time to assess and investigate, the decision was made to retire online detailed web stats as the game was built in a different era using old hardware, systems, and code that just doesn’t scale to meet the requirements of the future. It’s worth noting that while there is still a healthy population of players who continue to play Reach each month, only a tiny fraction of those players access their stats on Halo Waypoint nowadays. We regret that some players will be impacted by this change but appreciate the longstanding support and engagement shown by the Halo: Reach community and look forward to focusing resources on brand new Halo experiences in the future.

What exactly is being impacted?
Absolutely nothing within the game itself will be impacted by this change. You can still play Reach and enjoy all of the modes the game has to offer, both offline and online, alone or with friends, on Xbox 360 or Xbox One. The impact to players is that you will no longer be able to see detailed Halo: Reach stats on halowaypoint.com. Your high level stats summary will still be displayed but detailed stats will no longer be accessible on the site. You can continue to view detailed stats via the Halo: Reach in-game Service Record. 

When is this happening?
We’re planning to retire the Halo: Reach web stats on Thursday, March 1, 2018. If you’d like to capture or archive any of your stats history, please do so before March 1st.

But I can still play Halo Reach, right?
Yes! Again, there is zero impact to the game itself and your detailed stats will continue to be visible via the in-game Service Record. After March 1st, you’ll no longer be able to access detailed stats on Halo Waypoint.

• Upvote 2