You only get a few thousand credits, i'd not worry about it. Ive 4 onyxs, walking tank, splash damage and flawless cowboy in campaign, close quarters in matchmaking, 13 golds coming up just behind them too.

Just got my cross-mappin today in the most amazing way. The reds were annoying the fuck out of the blue team with loads of helicopter kills, I managed to take it down with the covenant burny rifle thing from miles below on the ground. Triple kill, chopper down, achievement pop-up, woo!

Cross-mappin works with any gun then? The achievement states it has to be with a DMR.

I've been trying for ages to get that achievement, how far away do I need to be ffs!

Cross-mappin works with any gun then? The achievement states it has to be with a DMR.

I've been trying for ages to get that achievement, how far away do I need to be ffs!

I watched it back in theatre and I battered it with the DMR, then finished it with the focus rifle. I'd been trying ages too, I'd almost given up.

For anyone fancying this week's weekly challenge in about 10 mins, here's how.

Finish Nightfall on heroic as it asks, using the "through the gate" trick show here, and listed in the thread previous.

When you get to the end and trigger the cut scene, wait 2 seconds into the fade to black then hit start. Then save and quit, and you'll go back to the main menu. You should get 200 credits for finishing the mission, but you wont get the 1/9 challenge success box. This is fine.

Now, hit resume campaign (you can even skip the 5-4-3 of the countdown with A). After a short load pause, you'll go to the mission over screen again, and get 0 credits. But you'll get your 1st mission finished challenge out of 9.

Repeat resume campaign 8 more times for an easy 10,000 credits. Enjoy.

Man, when Halo is good, it's really good, but when it's bad it can be the worst game ever. Had a few matches just then with the worst lag imaginable (not my connection - I double checked), team-mates not sticking to their objectives, really bad one-on-one decisions, etc. It just felt like the biggest mess of an online game. :(

I think some players do something to their router if they dont get the power weapons, as the restart spawns all weapons over again as duplicates. That winds me up.

Is that why you occasionally see the game seemingly swap host despite nobody having dropped out and the game running fine?

I wondered about that.

Is that why you occasionally see the game seemingly swap host despite nobody having dropped out and the game running fine?

I wondered about that.

This happens to me a hell of a lot, to the point that I now almost expect it. The number of these restarts, drop outs and TKers I experience in Halo Reach is a bit on the excessive side and ruins rather more games for me than i'm willing to put up with.

First day back on Halo and jumped into MLG for a few. Been using a Christmas present someone got me as well, these things...

FPS_Freek_4a3895faedc1b.png

They work really well and I can now comfortably use sensitivity 7 without flying all over the place. I used to use 3 so it's a big step up for me. I'd definitely recommend them.

Anyways in other news I just played against a few pros. Basically the triggers down team. Elamite Warrior and co. Really friendly at the beginning of the game as I recognised their names so started chatting straight away. Needless to say they destroyed our team but it was educational to say the least and it's kinda cool to think i'm getting matched up with people of that skill :ph34r:

Here's the game

Arse handed to me

And what they can do on a good day

omgwtfprozlol

:wub:

Why are they playing on a custom version of Ascent*?

Also, give me some tips! I'm playing in a big lan game, and I may have slightly (massively) exaggerated how good I am at the game, some simple pointers would be great from some of the vets in here.

*Probably not the right name.

Why are they playing on a custom version of Ascent*?

Also, give me some tips! I'm playing in a big lan game, and I may have slightly (massively) exaggerated how good I am at the game, some simple pointers would be great from some of the vets in here.

*Probably not the right name.

Because the version of the level that shipped with Reach (Asylum) isn't completely true to the Halo 2 level (Sanctuary), and is "worse" (e.g. there is a direct line of sight from one sniper to another, that wasn't in the Halo 2 level and changes how the map flows). So, the MLG guys remade the level as MLG Sanctuary.

When you first spawn, know where the power weapons are and try and get them.

Do not rush in. It's one of the biggest mistakes people make, they get pissed off that they just died and go rushing back in to make up for the death. Halo is about reading your situation and environment and giving yourself the advantage.

Sit back and pick people off with the DMR or pistol. Try and get used to the bloom on the DMR four fairly slow paced shots and then as soon as you see the shield pop, relax, take your time, aim for the head, wait for the bloom to die-down and BOOM! headshot.

Use grenades well. They have a large blast radius in reach, use them to lead into a fire fight. A blast from a grenade takes off more damage than one shot from a DMR if you get it right. A lot of people use them half way through or at the end or a firefight which usually only results in a death from the grave.

Stay with your team. This is huge, if you go it alone you're going to die, Halo is all about team work. One man starts the fight and more than often backs down, avoids being killed and a team mate then cleans up the kill. When you respawn always look where your team mates are and if they are engaged in a fight and go help.

Stay alive. It sounds stupid but knowing if you're going to die and staying alive is how you win at halo. Use the sprint to get you out of a situation you can't win and always try never to die, staying alive is a game in it's self, rushing and the fuck it attitude of i'll respawn will always result in a loss. Don't be proud and try to win the fight, know thy self lol. In the last 5 games of MLG I played I went. +12, +1, +5, +6 and +20! Stay alive and choose your battles.

Never chase. Running after someone who's running away is never a good idea, they can lay a grenade down, hide and melee you or run into back up. Don't chase, let them go and move on.

Find a sensitivity that suits you. Too fast and you can't control your aim too slow and you'll be moving in treacle and get out gun'd. Accuracy over speed is far more important. Take your time and aim your shots.

Weapon spawns. Find out which weapons are where and how often they spawn. Things like rockets and sniper rifles usually spawn every 3 minutes so note when they are picked up, take 3 minutes off and return at that time to get the rockets again. Simple and yet game winning.

Play the game according to what weapon you have. If you have a sniper, sit back and snipe don't push up with your team into a area where you can get closed down, stay back where you can see what's coming. If you've got rockets, go kill everyone but always aim at the floor or walls never at the target. If you have shotty, slow it all down, go hide or stay around tight corridors or corners places where you can jump out on people, opposite of sniper basically. The DMR is a mid to long range weapon so stay back a little when using it.

Communicate and know where the enemy is. This is what will give you the advantage, knowing where the enemy is key. Call out even if you don't where it is, eg. two guys near me, one with sniper at the back, 3 on my X etc. It helps.

Get good with the DMR. It's my go to weapon every time. Practice spamming the trigger against taking your time and waiting for the bloom and getting used to the rhythm of it. There are situations when you need to spam the trigger and then wait for the final shot other times it's just 1,2,3,4 and then go for the head. Make sure the bottom half of the reticule is resting on the top of the head it's almost as though you're shooting above their heads to get the headshot.

Stay happy. I find that when I'm happy and having fun playing halo my game is awesome. Getting pissed off and screaming at the tele and team mates only makes people play worse in my experience.

Remember it's a game so have fun and enjoy it!

Add me if you want GT is TommyG ^_^

When you first spawn, know where the power weapons are and try and get them.

Do not rush in. It's one of the biggest mistakes people make, they get pissed off that they just died and go rushing back in to make up for the death. Halo is about reading your situation and environment and giving yourself the advantage.

Sit back and pick people off with the DMR or pistol. Try and get used to the bloom on the DMR four fairly slow paced shots and then as soon as you see the shield pop, relax, take your time, aim for the head, wait for the bloom to die-down and BOOM! headshot.

Use grenades well. They have a large blast radius in reach, use them to lead into a fire fight. A blast from a grenade takes off more damage than one shot from a DMR if you get it right. A lot of people use them half way through or at the end or a firefight which usually only results in a death from the grave.

Stay with your team. This is huge, if you go it alone you're going to die, Halo is all about team work. One man starts the fight and more than often backs down, avoids being killed and a team mate then cleans up the kill. When you respawn always look where your team mates are and if they are engaged in a fight and go help.

Stay alive. It sounds stupid but knowing if you're going to die and staying alive is how you win at halo. Use the sprint to get you out of a situation you can't win and always try never to die, staying alive is a game in it's self, rushing and the fuck it attitude of i'll respawn will always result in a loss. Don't be proud and try to win the fight, know thy self lol. In the last 5 games of MLG I played I went. +12, +1, +5, +6 and +20! Stay alive and choose your battles.

Never chase. Running after someone who's running away is never a good idea, they can lay a grenade down, hide and melee you or run into back up. Don't chase, let them go and move on.

Find a sensitivity that suits you. Too fast and you can't control your aim too slow and you'll be moving in treacle and get out gun'd. Accuracy over speed is far more important. Take your time and aim your shots.

Weapon spawns. Find out which weapons are where and how often they spawn. Things like rockets and sniper rifles usually spawn every 3 minutes so note when they are picked up, take 3 minutes off and return at that time to get the rockets again. Simple and yet game winning.

Play the game according to what weapon you have. If you have a sniper, sit back and snipe don't push up with your team into a area where you can get closed down, stay back where you can see what's coming. If you've got rockets, go kill everyone but always aim at the floor or walls never at the target. If you have shotty, slow it all down, go hide or stay around tight corridors or corners places where you can jump out on people, opposite of sniper basically. The DMR is a mid to long range weapon so stay back a little when using it.

Communicate and know where the enemy is. This is what will give you the advantage, knowing where the enemy is key. Call out even if you don't where it is, eg. two guys near me, one with sniper at the back, 3 on my X etc. It helps.

Get good with the DMR. It's my go to weapon every time. Practice spamming the trigger against taking your time and waiting for the bloom and getting used to the rhythm of it. There are situations when you need to spam the trigger and then wait for the final shot other times it's just 1,2,3,4 and then go for the head. Make sure the bottom half of the reticule is resting on the top of the head it's almost as though you're shooting above their heads to get the headshot.

Stay happy. I find that when I'm happy and having fun playing halo my game is awesome. Getting pissed off and screaming at the tele and team mates only makes people play worse in my experience.

Remember it's a game so have fun and enjoy it!

Add me if you want GT is TommyG ^_^

This should be the first post in the thread. Good work man.

Any idea where these come from? I'd like to give them a try.

I got mine from ebay but you can also buy them here

I played another round of Halo this morning with them and have to say they're brilliant. There's no way I could play and shoot accurately on 6 or 7 but with these it's so much easier. For under a tenner it's worth just buying them and trying them.

I got mine from ebay but you can also buy them here

I played another round of Halo this morning with them and have to say they're brilliant. There's no way I could play and shoot accurately on 6 or 7 but with these it's so much easier. For under a tenner it's worth just buying them and trying them.

Cool, I'm tempted to give it a go but £10 seems a lot for a couple of little bobbles! I might try bodging my own together first, heh :)

Here's my few pence worth of tips.

I'd suggest an alternative approach to the DMR, you can go for 4x headshots to strip the shield, but you need to let the bloom settle and its quite slow. If youre within reasonable range, ignore the bloom and you can hammer off 6x body shots for the shield removal without worrying about much accuracy. Then 1 shot anywhere or melee. [amended]

Don't forget to chuck a grenade if youre certain to die and you'll catch them out, or get an assist, preferably facing down or off a wall.

If you're playing sniper games, change control to green thumb. Much more accurate, at the cost of putting melee on right stick click.

When you're using the AR, use a tappy tap motion to stop the bloom increasing to full, you'll find the extra accuracy takes the shield down just as quick as someone who sprays it, and you leave bullets in the chamber for the headshot.

The pistol is (IMO) the 2nd deadliest weapon behind the shotgun. 4x body shots = shield strip, leaving 4 more in the chamber for a headshot. Utterly lethal if you keep a low sensitivity (2, or 3 i play off depending) and there's always ammo for it everywhere.

Use headphones if playing "seriously", the audio cues are massive, panting noise means someones running close by for example. They let you use a low turn speed for accurate shooting, as you use audio to know when to turn round and check your back.

Don't use terrible colour schemes, you stand out a mile. If playing rumble pit, change to a blue spartan on sword base, a green one on hemorrage, purple on corvette etc. Every advantage helps.

You can melee through glass windows. Useful on sword base if someones taunting you.

My fave tip, the melee + sticky combo. Get sticky grenades as soon as you can, and every time you go for a melee, get used to chucking a sticky at the moment of contact. You'l melee and stick in the same motion, then back off as they go for the 2nd lunge and explode.

If youre within reasonable range, ignore the bloom and you can hammer off 7x body shots for the shield removal without worrying about much accuracy. Then go for the 1 headshot or melee.

Surely this isn't right?! It's 4 shots anywhere on the body for shield pop. Isn't it?!

http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid30229

As of right now, our matchmaking support team has deployed two major playlist additions, introducing Arena FFA and Community Slayer, the latter of which is completely comprised of some notable Forgetacular maps. They've also made other, more minor modifications, which we've lovingly listed below. Go nuts!

PLAYLISTS

Arena

Added FFA Arena playlist, test your might in this 6-8 player Arena

Added Unanchored map variant to all Arena playlists

Players can now change their votes in Arena playlists

Community Slayer

The first of several new community playlists

Unaltered maps made by you, the Halo community

Play and vote. Your voting data controls what rises into the ranks of official playlists!

Team Objective

Cleaned up entries in the Team Objective playlist, we now offer the best of the best

MLG

Maps updated to v2.1, this includes fixes to weapon spawn times

Team Slayer

Adjusted weightings in response to voting data, default “Team Slayer” should now be available more often

MAPS

Asylum

Added soft kill volumes to the rocks leading up to the ledge on the right side of the Red Base (AKA, Infection camping grounds)

Adjusted the placement of the large rock on the outside ledge of Red Sniper spawn

The Cage

Added soft kill volumes to some lower areas outside of the intended playable space

Anchor 9

Modified the size and shape of the center hill object to better fit the area in KOTH games

Breakpoint

Reduced the radius of the safe haven in the greenhouse

GAMETYPES

Big Team Slayer

Now 100 to win!

Elite Slayer

Modified loadouts, Armor Lock is now accompanied by a Plasma Rifle instead of a Needler

Rocket Race

Motion Tracker is now Enabled

Hud-widget for KPH is now in the bottom center

Powerups

In gametypes built from the latest matchmaking variants, powerups should now function as they do in Forge

You’ll need to save off the latest game variants from your temporary history to take advantage of this!