rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptonian

Halo: Reach

appreciating this much more now, it's a great game. but i agree that the levels are too short and the voice acting isn't really any good. I also think this is Marty's worst score.

I find the same :( we clearly suck in some way!

I started the game on Legendary. Easily got the Avatar award for completing an entire level on legendary difficulty, continued to not die all the way to the first Hunter encounter (not really a spoiler, you know they're there)

Looking on Bungie.net Stats, I died 48 times! 48! FORTY EIGHT.

Cheap as fuck.

We played a game of neutral bomb on it the other night and it's massively broken.

There are 2 ghosts, a revenant AND a scorpion on there, which is far too much fire power if one team gets the upper hand.

Admittedly we were a bit slow getting started, but the other team capitalised on this and drove their scorpion to the centre of the map. From there they could destroy all our vehicles as they spawned. They then had the revenant and both ghosts protecting it and spawn killing us, so we couldn't even get out of the base.

It was shif. Totally unbalanced.

We did it in Custom - play it how you want it. Was superb.

Overpowered vehicles have always been a part of it in some gametypes - no different to coag/gulch in the earlier games.

Only matchmaking I've tried on it was team snipers and that was great too.

Just back tracking on a few previous posts Ive seen on about the graphics... are some people seriously saying this game looks poor..just look at it!

Mission 6 slight spoiler (to some people..maybe):

reach_50667_Full.jpg

Its simply breathtaking at times! :wub:

Seriously dont want the campaign to end, but atleast I have the "joy" of a legendary playthrough ahead of me.

Did the first four campaign levels on heroic last night, absolutely loving it. For me, the Elites are up there with the ghosts out of Pac-Man and to be fighting them again is fucking sweet and gives me a funny thrill down below. The storyline is nothing particularly incredible, but it does the job. Had a little dick about on forgeworld too, looking forward to seeing what people come up with.

Still not sampled Firefight, nor Matchmaking.

This is fucking ace. The amount of frenticism and chaos in the fights is simply unmatched in any other game. The visuals are lush, the sound is amazing... The whole thing is stunning. And I've only just finished the big desert level, level 5 is it? On heroic at the moment. Man, this is gonna be tough, but ace on Legendary.

This was my favourite attempt so far:

Surprise!

(Minor final mission spoilers)

Nice. I'll probably use that place to get the achievement. Love the reaction of the grunts :)

marines sometimes still sit there like lemons next to an empty jeep, arbitrarily deciding not to get in despite me beeping that horn like a motherfucker

How do you beep the horn? I was trying yesterday and couldn't work it out.

I meant to say earlier as well, totally agreed on the collector's edition, it's a seriously impressive collection of bits and pieces. I've no idea what most of it is, but it looks fucking sweet.

Yeah - I've done this tonnes of times. Changed timing on coming out of sprint etc - no luck.

Same here, at the exact same spot, with and without sprint - and the fall would have definitely killed me because I also missed plenty of times.

• Upvote 1

One thing I really wish they could have nicked from Far Cry 2 is the slide you do when you duck whilst sprinting. I don't know why, but just when legging it into cover in this whilst sprinting, I really would have liked the feel of the slide that you do in Far Cry 2. Would have been nice in this.

Same here, at the exact same spot, with and without sprint - and the fall would have definitely killed me because I also missed plenty of times.

I've done it tonnes on that. Tried it on the package with jetpack off the top of the roof, and also on spire. Even tried it on local multiplayer!

This is fucking ace. The amount of frenticism and chaos in the fights is simply unmatched in any other game. The visuals are lush, the sound is amazing... The whole thing is stunning. And I've only just finished the big desert level, level 5 is it? On heroic at the moment. Man, this is gonna be tough, but ace on Legendary.

There are some great bits to come. It gets better and better, mostly.

Starting a legendary run and I'm not looking forward to meeting some of the Elites.

And multiplayer on this is broken like a motherfucker. Can't even get into a matchmaking game.

I've been playing it plenty since Monday. Not came across a single issue yet.

We did it in Custom - play it how you want it. Was superb.

Overpowered vehicles have always been a part of it in some gametypes - no different to coag/gulch in the earlier games.

Only matchmaking I've tried on it was team snipers and that was great too.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the map, just the gametype we played.

Actually you can double the amount of fire power on the map because those vehicles spawn at both bases.

It's far too much and ruins it.

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the map, just the gametype we played.

Actually you can double the amount of fire power on the map because those vehicles spawn at both bases.

It's far too much and ruins it.

It is. It's a shame because properly setup, and with the right player count and gametype it's a joy.

And multiplayer on this is broken like a motherfucker. Can't even get into a matchmaking game.

Had a ten minute wait for a playlist to download yesterday evening (release day) but other than that it's been great since Saturday.

I wish there was a way to tweak the volume in this game.

Playing with headphones, I find the sound effects (especially the guns and shield) are mixed too low compared to the music and the voices. In order for the guns to sound beefy I need to put the volume so loud that the voices really hurt, distorted chatter especially.

My only fault with the game - it's a shame, because the sound design is amazing.

....well, the Hunters are now infuriating bastards with there one one hit one kill forward momentum melee attack. I approach them ready to do the matador dance and the cunt simply twats me in the puss.

I haven't played the game but you get a +1 for this excellent imagery. :D

....well, the Hunters are now infuriating bastards with there one one hit one kill forward momentum melee attack. I approach them ready to do the matador dance and the cunt simply twats me in the puss.

Probably my least favourite variation of them :(

I think it's a nice touch. You go to do the normal matador dance and they outwit... But only until you up your footwork! I've been having a few 'advanced' matador lessons with a Hunter, it's brilliant once you get the hang of it.

:coffee:

There are skulls - but they're all unlocked at the start to turn on, you don't have to explore/find them

Ahh, that explains it. The sites I'd found had said there were no Skulls to discover but didn't go on to say they were just there to use. Some actually suggested the hidden datapads were possibly replacing them.

My first encounter with the hunter(s) was shameful. I ran in shooting and throwing grenades, desperately dodging his lunges and green shooty thing. Eventually I ran out of ammo and was left cowering in a corner, begging for my pathetic spartan life. Just as I'd accepted my fate, a standard marine, equipped with a rocket launcher I had given him earlier came running in, a few well placed rockets later and I was saved.

Generic marine #001, you are the true spartan :(

• Upvote 8

Personally I think the Hunters are brilliant in this, finally the challenge they need to be. Very tricky on Legendary or Heroic, especially when there are a couple of them or more. But once you get the hang of their pattern, they aren't too frustrating.

Just completed the third mission (night time one with Jun) on Legendary and fuck me. Absolutely brilliant, epic, and so rewarding. This game really comes alive on the higher difficulty settings.

Getting in close seems to be as good a technique as any against the harder enemies in Reach, as long as there's only a couple. I got pinned down by a plasma-launcher Elite (Heroic) right at the end and after several attempts at picking him off I just got stuck in and it was job done. A bit hairy, but so it should be.

Same here. After about 30 mins of picking at him....then fucking dying! I thought I'll bumrush the fucker and twatted him senseless with the final blow knocking him flying over the edge and into oblivion. I was BUZZING!

Silly friendly AI aside (sorry to mention it again but it is awful) It's a great campaign.