rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptonian

Halo: Reach

Lame. I wanted to grab the achievement, I only need that and 20 more mp kills.

edit: Now it just bugged out and re-set the campaign and mp, although the others still stand. Fuck that.

:P

So annoyed at getting kicked midway through a co-op sess on the 3rd level. Finally managing to reconnect to my friends game after 10 mins of potching. Finishing the level with him and the game then not registering I've completed it.

Ah well at least I get to do it again. Cos it's a pretty good level.

As much as I love this (and it is brilliant) the co-op buddies are just retarded. Although admittedly if I were invincible I'd probably drive a car into the back of Noble 6's head as he's only got 1 more elite to take out.

settled into the multiplayer and had some absolute hilarious fun with MrHoodedclaw, Geldra, Onze, funtime, and a few others from here.

As mentioned the decoy is such a brilliant idea and had some proper lol moments with funtime the vulture, picking up the spoils after prolonged battles, and Geldra with his decoy shenanigans. Proper close games

Awesome fun in a private room with the right people.

The invincible teammates aren't ruining the game for me or anything, but they are a fudge. Trying to shepherd a small band of vulnerable marines as far through the level as possible was always part of Halo's appeal for me, especially when they became human weapon caddies in Halo 2, and actually become useful.

The other members of Noble don't need to be there. They can't die, so there's no need to protect them. You can't swap weapons with them, so you can't use them as inventory. Although they mix the game up by splitting the Covenant's fire, allowing you to do some good flanking and assassinating, they're also real good at blowing your cover and rushing ahead.

That's bugged to hell. I've done eight and it says 3/9.

It also lost my progress for the eighth after I finished it and I have to do it again.

It only seems to register if you're online at the time

6 hours 38 minutes to complete (stats from bungie.net) on Heroic coop, roughly an hour longer than the Halo3 campaign on first runthrough. Possibly even better than Halo CE, gameplay is back to its uncluttered best and the level and mission design is much better than any other Halo title. Downside is the story is less of a mess than H2, 3 or ODST but is still poor, and the characters are completely underdeveloped to the point that they may as well not be there. I did like the cutscenes though... if only for the skyboxes :P Didn't like how blatently they had copied certain multiplayer maps straight into the campaign though, seemed....weird.

And now I need bed, as I've just finished all the Daily and weekly challenges :mellow:

Yeah the teammates are a significant downer in this, you're constantly being nagged or having your progress compromised by them. There's none of those lovely feelings of isolation where you're wandering round exploring like in CE, because there's always someone urging you to press on with the mission or fucking up your cover for you.

It definitely seems easier than than previous Halos - Heroic is a walkover so far.

It's good but there's a mild disappointment setting in.

Didn't like how blatently they had copied certain multiplayer maps straight into the campaign though, seemed....weird.

And now I need bed, as I've just finished all the Daily and weekly challenges :mellow:

Yeah, see my spoilered post on the previous page or two. I didn't get that. Especially the fact that the Ivory Tower remake map seemed to have been plumped into the campaign. Would it really have been that difficult to create two different atriums to give a fresh experience?

Very minor niggle mind you, but just seemed strange considering the level of care and attention put in elsewhere.

Seriously, guys, does anyone know if the graphics have been spruced up for the xbl version of CE?

Because they've aged bloody well if not. :)

No, they haven't - and you've got to be kidding me.

And multiplayer on this is broken like a motherfucker. Can't even get into a matchmaking game.

The AI still hasn't learnt to drive. One guy got in the warthog, went a bit mental doing donuts and took out a couple of his men. No-one batted an eyelid. If you did that in the original game all the AI would turn on you.

Conversely, the matchmaking worked perfectly for me all night.

The multiplayer feels closer to Halo 2 than 3 for me (although this is only based on a couple of hours play, often on the Halo 2 remake maps). Somehow armour abilities feel like a step forward whereas deployables in Halo 3 felt like a step back, even though a lot of them share similar roles.

And Gruntpocalypse is indeed amazing.

They have aged quite well, not surprising considering the original Xbox is more powerful than the Wii, and we're still playing on that.

Anyway, so after stupidly deciding I'm so fucking hard I'll start the game on Legendary I've decided the elites are way too overpowered on this level. The first couple of levels are brilliant fun (the old plasma pistol trick working wonders) but right now on the sniper mission with elites seemingly taking three shots to take down minimum, and how are you ever going to get that in without them sneeking off to recharge? It feels like unless I'm camoflaging my way about to surprise the enemy with a sticky grenade or two (amazing feeling) there's basically nothing I can do about elites. It's as if they realised throwing in invincible squad mates breaks the game, so to balance that they decided to break elites as well by ridiculously overpowering their shiled. To illustrate I'm writing this post with my character crouched down below the water's surface waiting for my team mate to clear up the drop ships around the militia base. Back down to heroic after this methinks.

Jesus, this game is beaten severely with the ugly stick. It's really not a pretty game.

• Upvote 2

Oh, and it's totally not in HD. You can tell instantly by the slightly muddied text, and the fact it looks like a slightly dolled-up Halo 3. New engine my cock.

• Upvote 2

What's the deal with all the retarded versions of Halo 2 and 3 maps, too? They look like AIDS, and the respawn points are hilarious.

• Upvote 2

Unique Selling Point. All I mean is that they were very up on it being the correct way to design MP maps.

My gripe is the fact that in a couple of areas they haven't designed MP or SP parts, ie, the parts where there's a MP map from Halo 2 given a different lick of paint then slapped into campaign. It just jars with me, hard to explain why but it does. I know it's petty, but it doesn't make sense for there to be structures with exactly the same layouts as Halo 2 multiplayer maps during the campaign for Reach.

Oh, and it's totally not in HD. You can tell instantly by the slightly muddied text, and the fact it looks like a slightly dolled-up Halo 3. New engine my cock.

You like attention don't you

My gripe is the part where they haven't designed MP or SP parts, ie, the parts where there's a MP map from Halo 2 given a different lick of paint then slapped into campaign. It just jars with me, hard to explain why but it does. I know it's petty, but it doesn't make sense for there to be structures with exactly the same layouts as Halo 2 multiplayer maps during the campaign for Reach.

I just thought "Oh cool it's Ivory Tower, heh."