Sign in to follow this  
Kryptonian

Halo: Reach

.::: It's not exactly Halo 4 is it? It's like Nintendo bringing out 8 Mario Party's and claiming them to be part of the platforming franchise. Might be fun for the core fans though.

Nevertheless, we'll see what it is come E3.

.::: It's not exactly Halo 4 is it? It's like Nintendo bringing out 8 Mario Party's and claiming them to be part of the platforming franchise. Might be fun for the core fans though.

What do you mean by this? :D

I'm finding this year's E3 hilarious. It's like we've already seen/heard of everything before it's even started or something.

What do you mean by this? :D

I'm finding this year's E3 hilarious. It's like we've already seen/heard of everything before it's even started or something.

.::: Spin-offs. It seems now that Bungie is 'gone', we're getting spin-offs only. While that in itself might not be problematic, it's going to be hard for such games to attain the same impact as the mother-franchise.

On a related note, how did Halo Wars do exactly? (Killing off the dev team of that game was also quite spectacular for all the wrong reasons.)

It's an interactive graphic novel. For the Zune.

It must be something other than a shooter, surely? ODST is obviously going to have a presence at the Microsoft press conference and announcing something similar at the same time would be a bit... well, it would be rather one note.

On one hand it would be very strange to try and promote two Halo shooters in one press conference. On the other hand, we know of the Peter Jackson product and the fact that Microsoft have assembled their own team to work on the Halo franchise. Could be anything I spose.

Weren't there loads of Spartans at the start of that battle?

There were indeed. 75 kids initially.

*edit:

In 2525, the Spartans undergo a series of surgical enhancements which turn them into highly efficient super soldiers at the cost of crippling or killing more than half of the original seventy-five.

So anything up to 36?

.::: Spin-offs. It seems now that Bungie is 'gone', we're getting spin-offs only. While that in itself might not be problematic, it's going to be hard for such games to attain the same impact as the mother-franchise.

Yeah, I agree.

This is the point where the brand starts to get really diluted, and confusing/uninteresting to people. People are getting tired of it all as the franchise crawls further up its own arse, as demonstrated by the post above this one :D

While the Master Chief went off with Cpt Keyes, a couple of Spartan Teams went to Reach to keep the Covenant from taking out the power supplies for the orbital Mac guns iirc.

While the Master Chief went off with Cpt Keyes, a couple of Spartan Teams went to Reach to keep the Covenant from taking out the power supplies for the orbital Mac guns iirc.

Simultaneous praise and pity is deserved for being so knowledgeable about the Halo universe. :D

I love Halo. 3 made me whoop out loud. I hate that all shooters cannot learn from it.

Conversely, think of what a Halo game that takes some cues from Cod4, Gears 2 etc would be like.

• Downvote 3

Did they fight against Elites? I just want another game like the first one again :D

Tbh, what I really want is an online HD remake of Halo: Combat Evolved, but failing that I just want another Halo game with Elites but without Brutes.

Might be fun for the core fans though.

It's this really isn't it. This and ODST, they've kinda gotta problem. Sure Halo games will sell more than enough copies to make them viable and they'll be decent no doubt. But I think Microsoft probably thought that Halo would be the all encompassing and most popular multiplayer shooter on the 360, like it was on Xbox. But Call of Duty came along and took away all the FPS players not enthralled by Halo - which is quite a lot. So Halo games are just that now - fan service. No one is going to stop playing Modern Warfare or it's sequels to play a new Halo. I think Bungie realized this and got out.

Did they fight against Elites? I just want another game like the first one again :D

Tbh, what I really want is an online HD remake of Halo: Combat Evolved, but failing that I just want another Halo game with Elites but without Brutes.

which one's were the elites again? :D

It's this really isn't it. This and ODST, they've kinda gotta problem. Sure Halo games will sell more than enough copies to make them viable and they'll be decent no doubt. But I think Microsoft probably thought that Halo would be the all encompassing and most popular multiplayer shooter on the 360, like it was on Xbox. But Call of Duty came along and took away all the FPS players not enthralled by Halo - which is quite a lot. So Halo games are just that now - fan service. No one is going to stop playing Modern Warfare or it's sequels to play a new Halo. I think Bungie realized this and got out.

I thought Bungie had got out because they've been making Halo games for ten years. Then again, they're making ODST and potentially this new game too, so maybe they're still in.

I really don't want to get into a CoD versus Halo argument but I think it's safe to say that they're both still widely popular.

Taken from Major Nelson's site:

LIVE Activity for week of May 18th

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Halo 3

2 Call of Duty: WaW

3 Call of Duty 4

which one's were the elites again? :D

The good ones. :D

Conversely, think of what a Halo game that takes some cues from Cod4, Gears 2 etc would be like.

One thing that should never happen to Halo (and I'm worried it will when Bungie stop working on franchise) is turning it into a scripted setpiece shooter. Halo has that Halo feel, COD has that COD feel and they both work beautifully in their own way.

Gears 2 has that "why the fuck am I playing the tank section out of mass effect / a piss poor panzer dragoon boss fight rip-off / the worlds shittest turret sequence / dragons lair" feel and is a total fucking mess.

Simultaneous praise and pity is deserved for being so knowledgeable about the Halo universe. :D

It's ok, I know it's all pity really :D

Yeah, just Elites, Grunts, Jackals & Hunters. The translator software in the Mjolinir suits couldn't translate the wort wort worts either back then.

Utter shit.

Yeah, both of those games were rubbish if you were an idiot. I'll give you the weak-as-all-hell vehicle sections though.