Brink

marlonharewood

This still isn't up in the UK Steam store, have Game or someone else really bought an exclusive? The performance of this game is still terrible even with the patch, really don't know how this runs so badly. The netcode on the other hand is great.

OK ladies and gentlemen, if anyone cares here's an update :D

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/05/27/brink-dlc-details-and-stats-site-update/

http://www.splashdamage.com/content/brink-dlc-details-and-stats-site-update

Apparently the first title update for 360 and PS3 is due for this weekend too.

First up, the statistics site will be going live next Tuesday for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 players. PC players can look forward to it going very soon. This site, located at brinkthegame.com, will be your hub for in-depth stats, including data on matches, players and the overall progress in the weekly Battle for the Ark. Check out the screenshot above for a sneak peek and dig up that VIP code as you’ll need it to register once the stats page is live.

On top of that, the Agents of Change DLC is just on the horizon, slated for release in June. The pack will bring new maps, abilities, character customization options and weapon attachments to Brink, while also raising the level cap to 24. Here's a full list of the DLC content:

New Maps

Founders' Tower – The revolution finally reaches the island's iconic spire and takes the battle for the Ark to dizzying heights.

Labs – Venture into the depths of the Ark’s original research and development laboratories, a submerged high-tech facility so far untouched by the civil war.

New Player Abilities

UAV – This stealthy and lethal device allows Operatives to automatically mark nearby enemies on their radar. For more explosive fun, they can even take direct control of the UAV and detonate it near unsuspecting foes.

Napalm Grenade – Soldiers can use this new grenade to cover an area in a sea of deadly flames.

Pyro Mine – Engineers can plant these mines and leave enemies in the epicenter of a massive napalm explosion.

Field Regen Unit – Medics can deploy these units to increase the health regeneration of any nearby teammates.

Tactical Scanner – This universal ability allows players to reveal the active buffs of their opponents, allowing them to pick off enemies more strategically.

New Weapon Attachments

Bayonets – Gain the edge in melee combat and cause extra damage with these deadly blades.

Weapon Shields – Take cover from enemy fire and prevent headshot bonus damage behind riot-style shields.

New Character Outfits

The Sad Punk – Add a touch of Steampunk to your Resistance character.

The Limey – Bring order to the Ark with this outfit inspired by traditional European police lawmen.

This still isn't up in the UK Steam store, have Game or someone else really bought an exclusive? The performance of this game is still terrible even with the patch, really don't know how this runs so badly. The netcode on the other hand is great.

My copy runs at at least 60fps in single player on PC but I haven't tried the multiplayer on PC yet. I bought mine in Gamestop in Belfast and I've seen it in HMV, Game etc so I don't think anyone has an exclusive.

The game registers on steam so you can just buy a retail copy.

Game runs great for me, 100 - 150fps all the time. Do you have ambient occlusion turned on? Even after the patch, that is still a resource hog and introduces slight mouse lag.

The single player is capped at 30fps.

Fraps is a lying bastard then! Unless it was the menus i noticed that in :sherlock: Was smooth anyway.

Apparently there's word that the PS3 versions patch is live in Europe. The PC version also had a hotfix today

We've just released a small hotfix for the PC version of Brink, which you can grab via Steam right now. The hotfix addresses the following issues:

<ul> Fix for "OpenGL driver has lost connection with the display driver" errors

Increased dedicated server timeout period to 30 seconds

The game registers on steam so you can just buy a retail copy.

Game runs great for me, 100 - 150fps all the time. Do you have ambient occlusion turned on? Even after the patch, that is still a resource hog and introduces slight mouse lag.

I have the game, I actually bought it from the UK Steam store a couple of hours before it got taken down. Was looking at the player numbers and remembered this still wasn't put back up.

As for fps, its like 45-60 on a i5 760 @4ghz and AMD 6870. AO isn't on.

Hoping they balance the current maps when they release the new ones.

I have the game, I actually bought it from the UK Steam store a couple of hours before it got taken down. Was looking at the player numbers and remembered this still wasn't put back up.

As for fps, its like 45-60 on a i5 760 @4ghz and AMD 6870. AO isn't on.

Hoping they balance the current maps when they release the new ones.

I genuinely don't think the maps themselves are unbalanced at all. I think other things need to be changed such as a spawn times and things like the dehacking/hacking need to be altered more than anything. The maps themselves are very well laid out, from my experience anyway.

I have the PC version but can't seem to make it work on a 360 gamepad, surely its coded in?

Nope it's not, support wasn't included. I guess they thought people who would play their game on PC wouldn't be interested in a 360 controller option.

I genuinely don't think the maps themselves are unbalanced at all. I think other things need to be changed such as a spawn times and things like the dehacking/hacking need to be altered more than anything. The maps themselves are very well laid out, from my experience anyway.

Yeah sorry, this is exactly what I meant, the maps themselves are fine, it's things like spawn times, hack times etc that make it so defensively favoured. For example the semi finals and finals of the brink.tv tournament, no team got past the first objective and they had to decide the winner of the games by which team had most progress on the hack bar.

Yeah sorry, this is exactly what I meant, the maps themselves are fine, it's things like spawn times, hack times etc that make it so defensively favoured. For example the semi finals and finals of the brink.tv tournament, no team got past the first objective and they had to decide the winner of the games by which team had most progress on the hack bar.

The dehacking has had me and a friend screaming. Admittedly it was just us and our useless bot teammates against a load of enemy bots. But it was the launching cruise missile map and on the missile we both started to hack it at the same time. As we were doing this it went into overtime. Very very tense. But whilst both of us were doing this 3 fucking bots were engineers and even though we were hacking they dehacked it faster due to greater numbers. Fuckers. Either, stop the box from being dehacked (keep it on there with the progress saved) and make it a bit slower. Or greatly increase the time needed to dehack a box. It feels like a slap in the face at times.

Agreed, especially that map which is the worst for this. It's the most disheartening feeling watching the hack bar get removed so fast whilst you run back to the objective after you've died with it on 97%.

I don't think the maps are unbalanced either. Container city for example, people always complain about being spawn camped but you have plenty of time to get out of there and blow the gate.

If you end up pushed back by the enemy, I'm sorry but it's your teams fault entirely, although I have to admit, they should maybe give the resistance a 5 second head start. I've spawned, bolted my way out of the spawn point, started to plant a charge on the gate and the enemy were already rocking up, unless you have a few competent soldiers and medics, in the situation, you're frigged.

If you're a Medic then just give the soldier planting the bomb a shot of Adrenaline to make him immune to damage for a short time.

The soldier will take all the damage dealt to him after the Adrenaline wears off but those few seconds of immunity are invaluable when planting/defusing bombs.

There's another Medic's buff that makes people run slightly faster called 'Fleet of Foot'. I don't really see the point of it myself.

I played this a lot last night and the long awaited 360 patch has made a definite improvement to the lag issues. Some games I went into were sometimes 'juddery' (i.e. very slight lag) but a quick look at the opponents signals always showed up one or two people with low signal strength. For the most part though, lag free and very smooth.

I've been playing the 360 version on and off for around a fortnight and my advice is to avoid this in its current state, even if you see it for £15 or whatever Zavvi are selling it for this week. The patch this weekend has somewhat improved online, and by that I mean it's gone from completely unplayable to somewhat playable. But still, playing just now with a whacking great 3 people we were getting regular spurts of crippling lag. That's if you can actually find some people to play, despite our best efforts we were unable to find a game with much more than 1 person in it at any given time, at which point you're stuck playing against the bots and enough has been said about their AI already in this thread. The lack of standard matchmaking practices in this (a multi-player focussed game) has to go down as one of the most baffling decisions in any game this generation. To make it worse, there's actually very little content here, how they spent so long developing this game when it consists of only 8 smallish maps is beyond me. If you're looking for a class based multi-player shooter on XBL I would recommend Monday Night Combat or Section 8: Prejudice, which have comparable levels of content to this at a fraction of the price. The impression I came away with was that they were more concerned with the customisation than the actual fundamentals. Like I said, I have only played the 360 version, someone on my Friend List has it both on 360 and PC and says that the PC version is a much, much better experience so it may be worth picking that up off Steam in a sale.

I've been playing the 360 version on and off for around a fortnight and my advice is to avoid this in its current state, even if you see it for £15 or whatever Zavvi are selling it for this week. The patch this weekend has somewhat improved online, and by that I mean it's gone from completely unplayable to somewhat playable. But still, playing just now with a whacking great 3 people we were getting regular spurts of crippling lag. That's if you can actually find some people to play, despite our best efforts we were unable to find a game with much more than 1 person in it at any given time, at which point you're stuck playing against the bots and enough has been said about their AI already in this thread.

I seem to be having a different experience than you, Harsin, I had an evening of great games with fellow Rllmukers last night with no issues whatsoever, and i can't wait to get back to it tonight. The games last night definitely had the majority of spaces filled by human players and whether we won or lost a game the majority of them were not only very close but also some of the most frantic multiplayer games I've ever played. As for the AI, we've seen examples of it being stupid, and many examples of it being so rock hard and devious that when a game's finished and we check the scoreboard I've been gobsmacked I haven't been playing against an 8xhuman player team.

I wish I had your experience, class based games are my bread and butter, and on paper this ticks all the boxes for someone like me who prefers to be a Medic in a game than running around going for headshots.

Shame. Why don't you play with us tonight and see if anything changes. There was another patch over the weekend that smoothed out things more. I will never regret waiting to play this game with friends. The first impression has been a lasting one.

I do think the Monday night combat is a great alternative for people who like team based games and haven't warmed to this but at the end of the day Monday night combat is dota over and over again its good. It's great but I like the varied objectives in brink, however few there are.

I can see where your coming from I think being a medical in mnc is a bit more fun. But hey like I said play with us tonite. With Some team work and some joking, I hope it will change your stance on the game.

I like monday night combat on the 360 but the netcode was atrocious.

When everything was running smoothly though, it was great fun :D

it was wasn't it. I love how they made the medic so useful and dangerous being the only class with a shotty.

I miss it :blush:

I seem to be having a different experience than you, Harsin, I had an evening of great games with fellow Rllmukers last night with no issues whatsoever, and i can't wait to get back to it tonight. The games last night definitely had the majority of spaces filled by human players and whether we won or lost a game the majority of them were not only very close but also some of the most frantic multiplayer games I've ever played. As for the AI, we've seen examples of it being stupid, and many examples of it being so rock hard and devious that when a game's finished and we check the scoreboard I've been gobsmacked I haven't been playing against an 8xhuman player team.

I was in those same games as Harsin and they weren't very fun. It was me, him and another friend on our list playing with bots and against only bots. We did manage to win a good few but it's really really hard to use tactics when your friendly bots are a bunch of running around in circles useless mother fuckers. You're mostly talking about the enemy bots who really are devious bastards. I think the patch that hit at the weekend didn't include the AI tweaks.

After I played with Harsin etc I jumped into your game with Heymykie and that was brilliant fun. Much much better when with a team nearly full of humans. When you have bad games in this you can have really really bad games which we had and then on the flip side, really great games like I had with you and Heymykie. I've had experiences from both angles and it's only because my first impressions were so much fun (and I have had many great matches since then with you lot) that I stick with it. With someone who say joins a match with mostly bots on each side, it can really put them off.

Awww that is such a shame that Harsin didn't come with you and our game, I reckon he'd be singing a different tune if he had. Yet again there were some great games and great banter going on. When it comes to the Ai I just assume that they aren't going to do much towards the objectives so do them ourselves. For the most part I've actually been quite impressed with the AI, it's just occasionally we've found groups of them on our side just running back and forth doing nothing. Rare cases though.