rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Tony

Sony PSP Go!

Please tell me that PSPGo support "resume download", unlike the PS3 when downloading updates for the system or games (I know it can resume PSN Store downloads).

I think angel is fighting the good fight here :huh:

Nah, it's a fight that doesn't need to be fought at all. Everybody knows the pros and cons of the device by now. Just hammering it down in some kind of holy war against it is just plain wrong.

I just don't see the point in the same person retardedly making the same point over and over and over again. If people want it (as obvious as the pricing and digital-only issues are) then let them. We don't need to beat people over the head with angel's retard stick.

Astonishingly, I'm actually considering getting one o' these. I like the idea of playing PSP games without a loud whirring during play and it does look really quite nice. Can those who own one please give me a list of really compelling pros (no cons, I know all about them) to sway me?

Astonishingly, I'm actually considering getting one o' these. I like the idea of playing PSP games without a loud whirring during play and it does look really quite nice. Can those who own one please give me a list of really compelling pros (no cons, I know all about them) to sway me?

Buy normal model psp from forumite, pre CF'd

Rip your legally bought games to memory stick.

Thats it.

Nah, it's a fight that doesn't need to be fought at all. Everybody knows the pros and cons of the device by now. Just hammering it down in some kind of holy war against it is just plain wrong.

They close down Lik-Sang and we fall back. They take out rumble then put it back in again and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!

They close down Lik-Sang and we fall back. They take out rumble then put it back in again and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!

Lik-Sang...? Really? Are you the kind of person that hasn't bought a Wii, just out of the principle that reselling all those titles through Virtual Console is pure extortion?

If not, where the hell are your emoticons?

Buy normal model psp from forumite, pre CF'd

Thats it.

You make it sound so easy, but if you are not technically minded then it simply isn't.

I mean, what on earth does CF'd mean anyway?

Ditto. But I need the cons as well.

You make it sound so easy, but if you are not technically minded then it simply isn't.

I mean, what on earth does CF'd mean anyway?

Custom Firmware.

I feel that may not have been the point of your question.

Ditto. But I need the cons as well.

From what I've gathered

Pros

- Smaller, lighter obviously

- Sexy new form if you like it- especially the white one has a nice style to it

- Screen looks really nice- my last PSP was a 1000 so I'm not the best person to know if its actually better than 3000 in terms of clarity, brightness

- Some reviews say very comfortable for prolong use, moreso than olde PSP

- In game access of XMB?

- Faster CPU than olde PSP I think but not sure what advantage that will bring?

- Never ever need to carry games around

- Bluetooth, can apparently access the net through your phone

Cons

- Expensive

- A custom firmware olde PSP offers the same advantages in terms of not needing to carry your legit games around but with the option of UMD's as long as you buy a big enough memory card

- Not every PSP game is on the store as far as I know- which means your game selection is limited in comparison to the olde PSP choice

- Battery life is apparently worse or the same than the psp phat. Removing the umd drive hasn't saved anything which is baffling to me

- No preowned market

- Tied forcefully to the prices that Sony/publishers charge you on the PSN store. Little or no competition means being held hostage to a single marketplace means there is little chance or predicting or expecting price drops or bargains in line with the retail market which it can't piss off

- Screen is smaller than Psp phat

- Some reviews have said the new form with the stick near the middle isn't comfy for long

That's about the gist of what I know

How do I do this then? I've got quite a few UMDs, it would be great to get them onto the memory stick.

From what I've gathered

Pros

- Faster CPU than olde PSP I think but not sure what advantage that will bring?

That was a mistake. It has the same CPU as the PSP 1000-3000.

How do I do this then? I've got quite a few UMDs, it would be great to get them onto the memory stick.

If you're using CFW, press Select on the XMB, and there should be an option to change your USB Mode device to the UMD drive. Start USB Mode after you've changed it and you'll be able to drag an ISO file onto your PC. Change the setting back and put the ISO file in the \ISO folder on your Memory Stick.

The issue with some save games from the UMD versions of games not working with the downloadable versions could be down to users not matching up regions - trying to use a save from the US UMD version of Loco Roco with the UK downloadable version, for example. Which makes their decision to allow you access to one region's games at a time, and making it as difficult as possible to open and use an account from any other region, even more ridiculous.

I've just realised if I eventually buckled and bought one when they get reduced, I'd be pretty much forced to play Everybody's Golf over Hot Shots Golf. Not only would I not be able to carry my save game across, I'd have to putt in metres rather than feet, which I simply cannot do!

It really is great, it more than halves the load time on pulse for example. Piracy wasnt my reasoning at all, I prefer to have the proper boxed copies.

If you're using CFW, press Select on the XMB, and there should be an option to change your USB Mode device to the UMD drive. Start USB Mode after you've changed it and you'll be able to drag an ISO file onto your PC. Change the setting back and put the ISO file in the \ISO folder on your Memory Stick.
It really is great, it more than halves the load time on pulse for example. Piracy wasnt my reasoning at all, I prefer to have the proper boxed copies.

Great! I've got an old PSP (plus a slimline) kicking around that I did custom stuff on a few years ago; Ill give it a go.

So, having played on one now, I have to say that the new size, shape and weight makes it way more comfy for playing on than the old one. My thumb took some time to work out where the analogue nub is now, but other than that, it's a lot better to hold and play on than my 1000. Also, the new screen is lovely (maybe the same colour space as a 3000, I don't know) and the slightly smaller size does make everything look a bit crisper, as you'd expect.

It's obviously way too expensive, but as a box it's quite sweet.

You wont regret it. PS search for the port of Cave Story if youve not played it.

ZOMG there's a port of Cave Story for the PSP (CFW) wow off to find that now!

ZOMG there's a port of Cave Story for the PSP (CFW) wow off to find that now!

quexex, I'm stunned that you didn't know about cave story. guess you need to occasionally lift you head out of monster hunter fog you surround yourself with, eh? <_<

quexex, I'm stunned that you didn't know about cave story. guess you need to occasionally lift you head out of monster hunter fog you surround yourself with, eh? <_<

Sorry I can't hear you for the roar of the Rathalos :) although GT is now taking up all of my time! as for Cave Story, never played it I know it's awesome I've even got it installed it on my Mac but never got around to playing it. Will hunt it down soon!

Got my Go today (HMV moorgate), jesus it is so tiny.

Screen quality seems a step up from my 2000 model.

I can see why current owners are bitching due to the lack of UMD exchange (if they have a large catalogue already).

Myself, I only ever bought four games for my old model, which I will sell off tomorrow.

So for the £225 I paid I have got 4 more 'free' games (Gran Turismo and the choice of 3 from 17) and 16GB of storage (well 14!) and an official leather case and a much more portable size. Doesn't seem too bad for all that really.