IGNORED

Sonic Kart! - Ryo returns (not Shenmue III)

Capwn

Woah, that is old code...! Much quicker now!

Sometime next week you might not have to take my word for it either :unsure:

---

S0L

---

Speaking of quick: did you read my post on the framerate of the Wii version? If you think the review code shouldn't have that many framedrops, I'm definitely willing to look into the situation and see what can be changed.

SOL, how is the framerate in the final version? Been hearing reports that it's quite shocking in the demo

It did surprise me at how it looked in the demo, I was expecting a smooth, arcade style framerate.

The game is simple fun, wrapped in bright graphics which pull at the Sega fan's heartstrings. I do wonder if it is worth my money after the lure of the nostalgia wears off and the game has to stand on its real merit.

I'm very dissapointed by the framerate in the demo, Its really inconsistant and very obvious. I only had the chance to play it a couple of times but I'm not sure the game gives the player enough signals to understand whats happening behind them and maybe the game isn't quite as disciplined as it should be.

I haven't tried the beginner difficulty but I hope its alot easier as the audience the game is aimed at will get quite frustrated and probably won't consistantly pull of the hold drift to speed boost mechanic.

Are Sumo capable of making something that doesnt slow down. They cant even get a tennis game to run above 20fps.

....actually that a bit harsh..I was just a bit pissed off with the slow down in Sega Superstar Tennis.

Anyway, I love Sumo, best of luck to them.

Are Sumo capable of making something that doesnt slow down. They cant even get a tennis game to run above 20fps.

Your forum post dipped into the 15's there mate. PRE-ORDER CANCELLED!

Demo framerate isn't final - we had to ship it out quite quickly after Christmas just so I could have the pleasure of listening to all fun feedback we're getting today. *sigh*

Some quality posts, we've got complaints over at NeoGAF that you actually have to hold BOTH triggers at once to drift. Oh Noes!

Other than moans about controls and framerate then - anyone liking it?

---

S0L

---

Demo framerate isn't final - we had to ship it out quite quickly after Christmas just so I could have the pleasure of listening to all fun feedback we're getting today. *sigh*

Some quality posts, we've got complaints over at NeoGAF that you actually have to hold BOTH triggers at once to drift. Oh Noes!

---

S0L

---

I think it is fun, framerate aside, it plays nicely and it is a happy environment. The controls are quite easy, the moaning about holding two triggers is ludicrous, it is a simple drift mechanic.

I would like to see more tracks and try out some of the other karts, but if you fix that framerate, I will be a happy customer.

I have won a race on the default difficulty in the demo, you can change it to beginner by pressing Y when selecting a stage. Or expert if you are feeling brave.

It mostly occurs to me how similar the Wii version is to the one on the Xbox 360. Save for the shinier textures and the effects, they're almost equal!

The gameplay is good though, with good physics and fine controls. I do think some items lack punch, seeing both myself and others hardly be influenced when hit by a missile.

Also, the shortcut near the end of the track, the lone island with a boost pad on it, seems hard to reach depending on your speed - I'm kind of used to somewhat automatically be guided to the spot when I'm going there, but I guess Mario Kart is to blame for that.

The framerate is once again my only real complaint, although as S0L said this is apparently not the final code. It does somewhat temper with the sense of speed, but I hope (and trust) the final version will take care of that.

;) @ how the game goes when you go super sonic, it cannot handle it what so ever.

also it's annoying how i get to the last lap in 2nd or something and then suddenly everyone and their dog is hitting me with missiles and making me crash! the shortcut jump is pretty much pointless unless you deliberately slow yourself down so you don't overshoot it.. other than that it's alright i guess, will probably end up renting it

;) @ how the game goes when you go super sonic, it cannot handle it what so ever.

also it's annoying how i get to the last lap in 2nd or something and then suddenly everyone and their dog is hitting me with missiles and making me crash! the shortcut jump is pretty much pointless unless you deliberately slow yourself down so you don't overshoot it.. other than that it's alright i guess, will probably end up renting it

Aye, I've not managed to get 1st place yet :lol:

SHORTCUT CHEAT!

---

S0L

---

"Moans", constructive feedback I call it lol.

Strange, the framerate issue was not improved in Sega Superstar Tennis..I guess we will see come release ;)

What is the deal with Curien Mansion? is the word "dead" too risky for them younger folk?

I will be buying it, just to support Sumo as they are from Yorkshire :lol:

What is the deal with Curien Mansion? is the word "dead" too risky for them younger folk?
Curien Mansion later appears as a stage in the upcoming Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, in which Zobio and Zobiko from The House of the Dead: EX are a playable duo.[4] Their tires say "Curien Mansion" instead of The House of the Dead because the series is banned in Germany.

According to Wikipedia; make of it what you will.

Framerate issues are there but not a big prob for me, while playing all I could think about is that it's soooo refreshing and exactly what my 360 needs.

It's all so solid, vibrant, detailed and polished. Haven't been keeping up with this title but the demo track and Sonic's kart feels like something from an updated Power Drift ;)

Can't beleive I'm looking forward to a Sonic game. Excited.