The Horrors

Anyone listening to this? I didn't pay much attention to their debut as it wasn't anything special. Really liking this new one though, it's hugely derivative but luckily it's copying from lots of my favourite bands, can easily hear MBV, Spacemen 3, Spiritualized, Joy Division and some krautrock influences in here. Great stuff, Three Decades and Sea Within A Sea in particular are :(

If it reminds you of those bands you mention then gonna have a ganda.

Absolutely brilliant the influences you mention are spot on, three decades is so mvb glide guitar style. Gonna pick this up thanks for the heads upgood.gif

NME and the rest of the cool hip parade tosser media fucking love these guys, which isn't usually a good sign and I'd imagine it's probably the reason most people haven't really bothered checking them out before. Not that you can blame them.

Which is a shame, because they're actually damn good.

NME and the rest of the cool hip parade tosser media fucking love these guys, which isn't usually a good sign and I'd imagine it's probably the reason most people haven't really bothered checking them out before. Not that you can blame them.

Which is a shame, because they're actually damn good.

Most of my trendy parade hated their first album and I thought it was sublime. I've been ripped into a lot of times for defending it. I'm fairly sure on here once, too.

Is this the album produced by Chris Cunningham?

He produced some of it.

Most of the production duties were handled by Portishead's producer, Geoff Barrow.

My favourite track on this, by the way, is the Ian Curtis inspired dirge, 'I Only Think of You'. Closely followed by the album closer 'Sea Within A Sea'.

EDIT: Oh, and I actually saw them live once around the time their Strange House record was released, and they were well worth the cost of admission.

I'm fairly sure on here once, too.

It probably wasn't me, but I'd like to think it was. That was one of the most dire, horrific, God awful albums ever created. Absolutely, absolutely terrible. I genuinely hated it and a friend kept trying to change my mind. It didn't work. Thin trousers, hair spray and too much marketing.

Primary Colours is my album of the year so far by quite a margin. It's exceptional.

I remember when these guys first started and they played at Junk, the night Rhys did with a few mates. They were so bad I actually had to leave the room. Then Neils Children came on and were like Nirvana at their height.

I used to know Rhys a little bit and he's a nice guy, dunno about the others but they always seemed as wanky as they look. It would appear that Rhys has now swapped his keyboard for the bass but unfortunately, still can't really play either. I'm pretty sure he just saw Neils Children and thought "I'd like a band" and being on the staff at NME at the time obviously helped them get going pretty quick.

I thought the first album was shit but this one certainly seems a lot better. I really like the 2 singles and some of the album tracks seem okay too. 7/10 I reckon.

so random i went to school with Josh, used to get the bus with him everyday, the vocal dude was a year or 2 above us, Rhys used to plug junk in the record shop i worked at. Junk was more about Ollie though. Can't say i get the music, not my cup of tea but nice to see people you grew up with doing well.

so random i went to school with Josh, used to get the bus with him everyday, the vocal dude was a year or 2 above us, Rhys used to plug junk in the record shop i worked at. Junk was more about Ollie though. Can't say i get the music, not my cup of tea but nice to see people you grew up with doing well.

What record shop did you work in cos he used to do the same in mine?

Oh right, I remember now. Always looked like one of those vinyl only dub/dance type shops that I never understand and am scared to go in. Pretty much everywhere in Southend will be a hairdressers soon. Don't really go round that way anymore weirdly, I used to practically live in the Sunrooms at the weekends but I hate what they've done to it. Won't go there now. All about the Railway for me these days and I'm not even that keen on that. Getting old I spose.

i used to DJ at the sunroom's about 6-7 years ago when it was still lovely and grotty with the toilets from hell, last time i was in southend they tried to charge me a tenner to go in, i just laughed and moved on.

i used to DJ at the sunroom's about 6-7 years ago when it was still lovely and grotty with the toilets from hell, last time i was in southend they tried to charge me a tenner to go in, i just laughed and moved on.

Yeah it's all back to front and fucked up now. The amount they charge is ridiculous, it's like a mini Bakers Bar.