IGNORED

The Horrors

mindgames

Anyone listening to this? I didn't pay much attention to their debut as it wasn't anything special. Really liking this new one though, it's hugely derivative but luckily it's copying from lots of my favourite bands, can easily hear MBV, Spacemen 3, Spiritualized, Joy Division and some krautrock influences in here. Great stuff, Three Decades and Sea Within A Sea in particular are :(

NME and the rest of the cool hip parade tosser media fucking love these guys, which isn't usually a good sign and I'd imagine it's probably the reason most people haven't really bothered checking them out before. Not that you can blame them.

Which is a shame, because they're actually damn good.

NME and the rest of the cool hip parade tosser media fucking love these guys, which isn't usually a good sign and I'd imagine it's probably the reason most people haven't really bothered checking them out before. Not that you can blame them.

Which is a shame, because they're actually damn good.

Most of my trendy parade hated their first album and I thought it was sublime. I've been ripped into a lot of times for defending it. I'm fairly sure on here once, too.

Is this the album produced by Chris Cunningham?

He produced some of it.

Most of the production duties were handled by Portishead's producer, Geoff Barrow.

My favourite track on this, by the way, is the Ian Curtis inspired dirge, 'I Only Think of You'. Closely followed by the album closer 'Sea Within A Sea'.

EDIT: Oh, and I actually saw them live once around the time their Strange House record was released, and they were well worth the cost of admission.

I'm fairly sure on here once, too.

It probably wasn't me, but I'd like to think it was. That was one of the most dire, horrific, God awful albums ever created. Absolutely, absolutely terrible. I genuinely hated it and a friend kept trying to change my mind. It didn't work. Thin trousers, hair spray and too much marketing.

Primary Colours is my album of the year so far by quite a margin. It's exceptional.

so random i went to school with Josh, used to get the bus with him everyday, the vocal dude was a year or 2 above us, Rhys used to plug junk in the record shop i worked at. Junk was more about Ollie though. Can't say i get the music, not my cup of tea but nice to see people you grew up with doing well.