IGNORED

Drop7

Naysonymous

I got a new high score yesterday :wub:

So gutted I didnt reach 700k though.

1775f444547627.gif

Cheeky! Nice one.

This morning, while eating a bowl of Special K, I managed another 500k+ game and now all scores in my Hardcore Top 10 are over 500k.

IMG_0132.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Got a high score of 637,735 today but my second highest is only 417,831, so I think that top score is slightly lucky.

Scored 860,698 today! Puts me 83rd in the all time list. I wiped my phone a few months ago for jailbreaking reasons and my second highest score is 599,001, which puts me in no doubt that skill certainly plays a part, but luck probably counts for more. Still, great game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still hopelessly addicted to Drop7.

Finally got an average score of over 260,000. Keep thinking I'm plateauing but still finding ways to improve my game. No crazy score yet though; but interesting to see my older post above, my highest score then isn't even in my top ten now.

img0093z.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

So Drop7 receives a retrospective Edge 10. Richly deserved in my mind. I must have played an average of 5 games a day for the last 4 years. And what's amazing is that I keep finding new ways to play it. I'm now pretty damn good - but the kind of good where you know the game so well, and so only see your flaws not your ability. I know I can be better.
Anyhow - latest scores:

post-1564-0-28537100-1378073692_thumb.pn

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the mangled format, menus not optimized for an HTC One.

After only just breaking 500k on 3 previous occasions; hence the lol average, this came out of nowhere today. So, so close to a million.

That's excellent- 815,000 (or around that) is the highest I've ever managed.

By the way anyone who likes Drop7 should check out War7 which is basically Drop7 with added power-ups, which add an interesting tactical dimension to it (power-ups cost special points, but you can only build up those points by doing chains). It's free on the app store, not sure if it's on android.

It feels weird at first like an impure version of Drop7, but it's definitely worth a go.

screen568x568.jpeg

• 2 months later...

The new version is out on iOS as well and it causes the game to slowdown and freeze on my iPad 2, which is a bit annoying.

I had a great run which was a new high score for me cut short because I thought it hadn't registered a press (after waiting 30 seconds or so) so I pressed it again and ended up dropping two tiles down the same column :(

Also, adverts are back, which I guess is fair enough but they'd not been appearing in the free version for a while. It's an in-app purchase to remove them now, though, and I'm happy to pay given the amount I've played this game (I was worried that I'd lose my scores buying the no-ad app separately in the store before).

• 11 months later...

Anybody still playing this?

It's pretty much the only game I ever play on mobile, I'm hopelessly addicted to it. If I get bored of Classic, I'll just try a bit of Blitz. 

My current high score is 438,179 in Blitz. Can't see how I'm ever going to crack 1,000,000!

11 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Anybody still playing this?

It's pretty much the only game I ever play on mobile, I'm hopelessly addicted to it. If I get bored of Classic, I'll just try a bit of Blitz. 

My current high score is 438,179 in Blitz. Can't see how I'm ever going to crack 1,000,000!

I play this almost exclusively also, have been for years.   I did once break 1M on blitz, I was ranked 34 at the time, but have never done it since.   On my current Iphone my higest is 844,650.  I only play Blitz, have never played Classic or Sequence.  This for me is the most brutal game of all.

Blitz- is that Hardcore mode? Yeah- it's the only way to play it, I think I've played Classic two or three times and Sequence maybe once- it's all about that one mode. 

I pretty much play this everyday- usually it's War 7 then I play, the bastardised version I mentioned above- much as I love Drop 7, I do like the War7 'power-ups' version of it as well. 

On 28/03/2015 at 2:50 PM, biggerbob said:

The new version is out on iOS as well and it causes the game to slowdown and freeze on my iPad 2, which is a bit annoying.

I had a great run which was a new high score for me cut short because I thought it hadn't registered a press (after waiting 30 seconds or so) so I pressed it again and ended up dropping two tiles down the same column :(

Also, adverts are back, which I guess is fair enough but they'd not been appearing in the free version for a while. It's an in-app purchase to remove them now, though, and I'm happy to pay given the amount I've played this game (I was worried that I'd lose my scores buying the no-ad app separately in the store before).

I'm pleased to report that the performance issues are sorted now (for me at least). I'm still playing it regularly (Blitz/Hardcore only)

• 2 years later...

Yeah, so Drop7 was broken by iOS12 - it crashes on launch. Gutting! I mailed Zynga support and they assured me they’d fix it, but nothing for months. I think part of the issue is that now all app updates need to support more stuff, like iPhone X support, which the app doesn’t , so a quick fix doesn’t work

its super sad as I cannot get my drop 7 fix any more. Threes has become my iPhone puzzle game of choice...

• 5 months later...

Well, thanks to @MartinMrz I have a new addiction

seven bloks is really rather good. I’ve been playing it rather a lot since December (*cough 56 thousand bloks dropped) to the extent that I’ve not touched the now fixed original Drop 7

its fun to have proper leaderboards, and I managed yesterday to have a great run and hit #2 on highest level on Toughness, with 99 levels

and the dev is updating regularly, making good tweaks and improvements, which feels like the good old days of iOS games 

Highly recommended