Tony Hawk: Ride

mchugh

They got completely blown out of the water with Skate, I can imagine that they had to innovate in this way to even have a chance of being competitive.

Still, I have no idea whether that peripheral is going to be fun or not.

I had a dream last night in which I was trying to remember the name to the sequel to Project 8.

and my subconsious brain did come up with

Tony HawX, or THX for short (X=10, geddit)

but Pro8 wasn't 9, was it?

I'm all confused now.

This series needs a BSG/Batman/Star Trek style reboot.

I loved the first three Tony Hawk games. In fact in terms of what I'd like I'd just love them to regress back to that format. Tight skate parks with the two minute time limit. Probably not a real skate fans ideal game, but it was perfect arcade style one more go gaming for me.

Apparently in Skate 3 you actually take a real board out in the streets, do your thing with EA's Special auto camera (SPAC) © and when you come home it simply shows you your score on the screen.

Apparently it'll fit on one DVD!

AMAZE!

That board looks terribly daft. And then there's that bit where the skater is grinding UP a rail, when earlier this week Tony Hawk promised this would be the most realistic skating game ever. Oh, the ironing.

I don't want a realistic skating game. I want Tony Hawk games to get more and more ridiculously arcadey. It's no coincidence that the more they've tried to make them realistic, the more shit they've got.

Just re-release THPS3 and 4, or 1 and 2 with Manuals/Reverts and I'll be happy. Just as long as you don't let me get off the fucking board and walk around.

The peripheral is blatantly just a Wii Balance Board with a new case. Do not want.

I will wait to see this in action before making a final choice but I seriously wondering how you will be able to pull off any amount of tricks with the new board peripheral.

Anyone else not really looking forward to shelling out £100+ to play the next Tony Hawk game? :unsure:

i thought activision had failed badly enough by completely missing the point with DJ hero's peripheral design, but this is just amazing.

konami understood that a guitars basic action could be adjusted to fit withing a game environment, sega also understood it with top skater, but this just comes across as a very badly thought out method of not having to compete with skate's control scheme.

all you can do is lean and tap, there's simply no other option, thus negating any connection with the on screen character and any form of tactile feedback.

then again, I saw this coming years ago, it was inevitable.

Neat trailer. Some vague recollection flashed in my head during the part with the pavement transfer, and sure enough my subconcious was bang-on. It's filmed outside Barcelona's MACBA Museum, where I spent one May night last year drinking rum with Pat Duffy and other skaters until 5am. Surreal.

As for the peripheral though, I'm not exactly convinced. Looks like a recipe for chronic back pain.

skate's doing it's own thing. I don't really think they care much about tony hawks stuff now. I don't expect this to sell as much as skate 2....people are starting to get sick of peripheral games, the reaction to DJ hero was telling of this.