May 2009 hip hop recommendations

Oh, so you're a comedian as well as a hip-hop expert. Where have you been all our lives?

I mean, at first I could have sworn you were one of those people that only come in the hip-hop thread when a big commercial album is released and pretend they know about hip-hop, but I'm obviously wrong!

'know about hip-hop'? What the fuck are you talking about? I like Eminem. I like Clipse. I like a lot of the shit posted in the thread. I'm not some pretentious cunt (is that the second time I've had to call you that? bah) who puts effort into finding some unheard of rapper and then pimps it like they were best friends in high school. Where and when did I claim to 'know about hip-hop'? I know what I like, I don't give a fuck if it's super commercial or proper underground. If it's good it's good.

So I take it you 'know about hip-hop' then? You can put that blue fucking peter badge next to the 'I know how to be a cunt' (a third time, seriously?), and 'I'm great at putting on the pretentious elitist prick act' ones, can't you?

:unsure:

I shall have to side with Das on this one if only for the fact I have the feeling he's a bit hard and quite possibly scarey

And to be fair the older I get the more elitist I get about hip hop myself

I imagine he was bullied at school.

It's alright though, he's got the summer holidays soon.

Ash and myself championed a second thread where stuff like the new mainstream releses could be discussed without mock or reprise.

It got shut down.

This isnt a thread about hip hop, its a club for self proclaimed 'Heads' to blow smoke up each others arses.

The content may be up for discussion but a new album produced solely by one of the best and sucsessful producers of all time and staring one of the all time legendary Emcees deserves more debate than 'Its Shit'

But thats all it will get in hear.

Open Minded my fucking arse.

Ash and myself championed a second thread where stuff like the new mainstream releses could be discussed without mock or reprise.

It got shut down.

This isnt a thread about hip hop, its a club for self proclaimed 'Heads' to blow smoke up each others arses.

The content may be up for discussion but a new album produced solely by one of the best and sucsessful producers of all time and staring one of the all time legendary Emcees deserves more debate than 'Its Shit'

But thats all it will get in hear.

Open Minded my fucking arse.

Dr Dre is too lazy to be considerd a legend IMO and Eminem while being decent but id no Rakim, Big Daddy Kane or Kool G Rap

Why not start a thread on the new Eminem album? Then people who want to discuss it can discuss it and people who want hip-hop recommendations can ignore it. Like you say, it's a pretty big release and I'm sure a variety of people will be listening to it.

Eminem has been shit for years. He used to be amazing, but then surrounded himself with sycophantic, nodding arseholes and started believing his own hype.

And Dre seems to just roll out of bed in the morning and make beats for any old cunt. He probably can't see the buttons on his sequencer for all the dollar signs in his eyes.

That's bollocks mate. You were discussing shit that was far from mainstream. You just threw a tantrum because Das said your new skinny jeans looked gay or some shit. Get over it, it's an internet forum. If you love Eminem, why not make a passionate post explaining why you love him and why he isn't shit now, rather than whinging about Das? Arguing with Das is part of the Hip Hop thread. God knows I've argued with Das. Every regular in this thread has rowed with Das at one time or another. Even Das.

Dr Dre is too lazy to be considerd a legend

Are you fucking serious.

It really isnt about quality. If you think releasing 'The Chronic' doesnt make him an legend, then to coin a phrase 'you been sippin' at that yac too much'

I thought I had heard it all. :unsure:

'know about hip-hop'? What the fuck are you talking about? I like Eminem. I like Clipse. I like a lot of the shit posted in the thread. I'm not some pretentious cunt (is that the second time I've had to call you that? bah) who puts effort into finding some unheard of rapper and then pimps it like they were best friends in high school. Where and when did I claim to 'know about hip-hop'? I know what I like, I don't give a fuck if it's super commercial or proper underground. If it's good it's good.

So I take it you 'know about hip-hop' then? You can put that blue fucking peter badge next to the 'I know how to be a cunt' (a third time, seriously?), and 'I'm great at putting on the pretentious elitist prick act' ones, can't you?

:unsure:

Fucking hell, I haven't reeled a big'n in like that for AAAAAAGES. Is smoke coming out of your ears?

Eminem has been shit for years. He used to be amazing, but then surrounded himself with sycophantic, nodding arseholes and started believing his own hype.

Few people in here like that.

Fuck starting a new thread everytime a new mainstream album somes out. Its a Hip Hop album, surely this is the place to discuss it.

I will knock something up as to why the new Eminem album is a return to form. See if we cant gey back to discussing it.

I'm totally with Ferret on this, Dr Dre is probably one of the most over-rated producers of all time. Premo makes him look like Swizz Beats.

2001 is miles better than the chronic. And that's your fact for the day.

Also true.

What the fuck difference does that make?

So did 'The Bible'

Also considered a classic by book/religion heads.

So you're saying Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are all legends because they wrote one fucking book. Don't be a fat prick...oh wait!

I just thought you might get some more interesting/varied input in a dedicated thread. I'm not big into hip-hop but I certainly don't read this thread to get an Eminem recommendation. The whole world must know he has an album out and I'm sure everybody already knows if they want to hear it or not.

I just thought you might get some more interesting/varied input in a dedicated thread. I'm not big into hip-hop but I certainly don't read this thread to get an Eminem recommendation. The whole world must know he has an album out and I'm sure everybody already knows if they want to hear it or not.

Its like someone posting in the metal thread recommending the new Metillica album I suppose.

Seriously though, calling Dre a legedary producer and then pointing at an album he made 17 years ago isn't persuading anybody. He's done fuck all for ten years except live off his status as a 'legendary producer' and make cookie-cutter beats for muppets.

Right, Why I consider Relapse to be a real return to form for Eminem: By James.

Ok, I have listened to this probably a dozen times now, It seems to reveal itself a little more on every listen.

Its tackles some really serious subjects, mainly drug addiction. Its Written by a drug addict.

Having struggled a bit in the past with such things some of this stuff really rings true. Its rare you get a rapper commiting to wax just how much of a fuck up he is.

It an album about being lonely,regardless of how much company you keep.

All of the songs touch on being very self distuctive, and

Some of the darkest tunes on here, Like 3.AM, Medicine Ball,Deja Vu are his best work. Crazy story telling that easily rivals the likes of 'Brain Damage' and 'Role Model'

There is a few shit tunes on here but its 80 mins long, thats gonna happen. Just dont sleep on it because someone tells you its shit, give it a few listens.

Very much like Jay-Zs 'Black Album' it takes a few goes before your like 'This is fucking good'

To be fair this album probably deserves some discussion because it's actually pretty good and his last album was shite.

I assume there'll be no discussion of Cuban linx 2 later this year when it (finally) gets released?