rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mindgames

Former Beta Band members projects

I've been listening to some Beta Band stuff again recently and remembered how good they sometimes were. I know that some of them have since formed other groups / projects, Aliens and King Biscuit Time? I've not heard much by them, any of it up to Beta Band standards?

I've been listening to soem Beta Band stuff again recently and remembered how ood they sometimes were. I know that some of them have since formed other groups / projects, Aliens and King Biscuit Time? I've not heard much by them, any of it up to Beta Band standards?

I really like the first Aliens album, "Astronomy for Dogs". Less keen on the second one, Luna.

I saw The Aliens in a tiny bar in Belfast a few years ago and loved them so much I spent £25 on lps and merch, then sort of forgot about them a month after that. I have King Biscuit Time's Black Gold album too but never really gave it much of a chance. Neither really reaches the heights of the beta band, I'm afraid.

I really like the first Aliens album, "Astronomy for Dogs". Less keen on the second one, Luna.
I saw The Aliens in a tiny bar in Belfast a few years ago and loved them so much I spent £25 on lps and merch, then sort of forgot about them a month after that. I have King Biscuit Time's Black Gold album too but never really gave it much of a chance. Neither really reaches the heights of the beta band, I'm afraid.

This.

Still above the pack.

I've brought most of Steve Mason's solo stuff. King Biscuit Time is pretty much what I'd expect The Beta Band to be releasing had they not split up, where as The Black Affair is slightly more odd but has a couple of great songs on the album. I'd say check out these songs and see how you get on with them before buying anything

Black Affair - Japanese Happening

Black Affair - It's Real

King Biscuit Time - Kwangchow

I'd also recommend looking for a track called All Over You from the Black Gold album (couldn't find a link) as it's a favourite of mine.