Forza Motorsport 3

I don't bother with IGN anymore, most of the games i've loved they've marked low. Been that way for the past few years now.

Good scores all round. I'll be spending my time 50% in the livery design i reckon.

That 81 BMW M1 look nice! (always been a fan of the 80's testarossa and lotus esprit shape)

That french review said "Forza 3 is currently (after the release of Need for Speed Shift and before that of Gran Turismo 5) the best racing game ever." - but gave it an 8/10? :facepalm: He also said, he wants to be enthusiastic about the game, but doesn't want to appear to have sold out to Microsoft. I think his review is the epitome of bad reviewing.

That french review said "Forza 3 is currently (after the release of Need for Speed Shift and before that of Gran Turismo 5) the best racing game ever." - but gave it an 8/10? :facepalm: He also said, he wants to be enthusiastic about the game, but doesn't want to appear to have sold out to Microsoft. I think his review is the epitome of bad reviewing.

Yep, a Sony fanboy, nice going.

I enjoyed reading the IGN reviews, but...

:facepalm: Silly comments like that are the reason I don't pay much attention to IGN UK, they're a clueless bunch of fucktards.

Anyway, it's the Eurogamer review I'm interested in, and not that froggy one...

They might as well just say "we will always prefer Gran Turismo."

Ouch - Game Reactor: 7/10. Some choice translated comments are:

Turn 10 has also managed to create a silky smooth graphics that are updated with sixty frames per second. Most racing games have actually a photo update of thirty frames per second, and you notice the difference. It flows quite phenomenal in Forza 3, but the smooth image patch is unfortunately at the expense of other graphic effects. The graphics are in fact very static and lifeless. I crashes with other cars there will be no smoke or sparks spectacular effects, all that happens is that the shiny shiny texture to the opponent's car will be replaced with a slightly dirtier texture. It looks fake and strange. Driving over the gravel makes no dust clouds, burnt rubber stock does not smoke, and the result is that it feels almost like running a bit lifeless bilsimulator simulator!
Neither the computer controlled opponents, I am particularly impressed. They are running for the most predictable and boring, and it will eventually not have any great joy to win over these robotic riders.

Seems this reviewer really didn't like it - well, parts of it anyway.

[EDIT] Apparently this same site gave Uncharted 2 8/10 whereas everyone else gave it 9+, so take this review as you will.

I'm just going to imagine this game was made for me, and everyone else can enjoy it if they want to.

If i could have chosen one game this year, it would have been this. I still havent changed my mind.

Even if it falls below my hyperbolic expectations, it'll still be a very very good game.

AI seems absolutely fine.

I thought it was pretty good too. Always seemed aware of where I was (unless I pulled a suicidal braking maneuver from 50 metres behind them, in which case they shouldn't be expected to know I was coming). Often I've found that people seem to expect the AI to have superhuman capabilities and give way to the player all the time, but that's really not exciting or realistic.

I thought it was pretty good too. Always seemed aware of where I was (unless I pulled a suicidal braking maneuver from 50 metres behind them, in which case they shouldn't be expected to know I was coming). Often I've found that people seem to expect the AI to have superhuman capabilities and give way to the player all the time, but that's really not exciting or realistic.

If I pull alongside an AI car on a straight, I don't expect it to continue trying to get back on to its path as if I'm not there. It should know I'm there and stop squeezing me on to the grass.

If I pull alongside an AI car on a straight, I don't expect it to continue trying to get back on to its path as if I'm not there. It should know I'm there and stop squeezing me on to the grass.

It's all about perception. To you, that driver was just trying to get back on his pre-programmed path around the track, to someone else, he could be nudging you because you clipped him on the previous corner.

It's all about perception. To you, that driver was just trying to get back on his pre-programmed path around the track, to someone else, he could be nudging you because you clipped him on the previous corner.

Well, if it is all down to perception and the AI player was just trying to get back onto his pre-programmed path, that is significantly worse than the AI actually having some intelligence. I haven't played the demo yet as I am waiting for the full game, but im hoping the AI doesn't just stay in pre-determined positions and actually tried to fight for position. Maybe I am asking a bit much though :facepalm:

That's never happened to me in the FM3 demo. :facepalm:

Well, if it is all down to perception and the AI player was just trying to get back onto his pre-programmed path, that is significantly worse than the AI actually having some intelligence. I haven't played the demo yet as I am waiting for the full game, but im hoping the AI doesn't just stay in pre-determined positions and actually tried to fight for position. Maybe I am asking a bit much though <_<

They seem to be jostling for position all the time - yesterday it was the Mazdaspeed 3 that one the race, after going around the yellow coupe and outdragging the big green Yank machine uphill out of the long-hairpin.

Gamersyde point to point videos

Here comes our first series of videos from Forza Motorsport 3, to be released in just a tad more than 2 weeks in Europe, and just a few days later in the US. This series is all about point to point races, duels where you have to be the first going from one point to another of one of the longer tracks of the game. Of course these are all running at 60 fps, with all the driving aids except ABS disabled.

almafi1.jpg

almafi2.jpg

nuburgring.jpg

fujimikaido.jpg

click the pics for links.

Edit : Added All track & car pictures from in game.

Pictures of all the track layouts

Pictures of the cars part 1 - Acura - Buick

Pictures of the cars part 2 - Cadillac - Dodge

Pictures of the cars part 3 - Ferrari - Koenigsegg

Pictures of the cars part 4 - Lamborghini - Nissan

Pictures of the cars part 5 - Opel - Renault

Pictures of the cars part 6 - Saab - Volvo