Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Forza Motorsport 3

That logo is shockingly bad.

Hope that means they blew the budget on gameplay development and not on designers. :lol:

The comments on that site are rather funny/pathetic.

I can see what they have gone for but it just doesn't work.

Using a similar idea and having 2 mins can do a cleaner job. I don't have the FM typeface for the tag text.

post-10835-1241113730.jpg

I can see what they have gone for but it just doesn't work.

Using a similar idea and having 2 mins can do a cleaner job. I don't have the FM typeface for the tag text.

Apart from the font, I really like that.

Damn you Vin, I wanted to make this thread. :)

:lol:

Good to see there's some 'news' emerging. To be fair though , that 100 track, 2 disc rumour is a year old.

Sorry brother, I did a topic search for a wee while and didn't find anything.

You'll own the thread when it all kicks off anyway.

100 tracks : Thats about 25 with mirrored, reversed and long / short versions. And the test tracks

400 cars : 250 available on release, the other 150 on the disc but you have to pay to unlock

Might as well re-post my hopes and wishes for FM3:

To be fair, as your pulling into the pitstop you can be given a tick list of things to fix, that you have to have chosen before you stop. Basically my list for Forza 3

* Race Strategies

* Fully integrated qualifying

* Full presentation including parade lap

* Mid Race Pit strategy changes

* Fixing of body damage

* Teams for constructor tables

* Dynamic Weather (or even pre race set weather)

* Race start type, grid or rolling

* User choice of laps from 1-???? not set to 25/50/75 etc

* BTCC style sprint and long race events

* Full Weekend option to allow practice in the days leading up to an event (by invite only) and then qualifying on a set time frame before the race

* Fixing the time penalties (not fair I get punished when someone else hits me and isn't my fault)

* Full rules and flags

* More Grand Prix Tracks & a few more race tracks (Oulten Park, Snetterton, Donnington etc)

* Monaco (or Manoco for copy right reasons)

* Pit Crew radio to give you dynamic race updates (this would be played through the headset) such as who is pitting and when, how other drivers are pulling away etc, saves needing to clog up the screen with maps and timers etc

That would do nicely.

Edit: Obviously all these options can be turned on and off by the user, or tweaked where needed.

Oh and add to that, some improvements to the painting mechanic, such as being able to cut a selection, use of a magic wand style tool etc.

That's a good list, but this is one game where I'd happily pay for more of the same like a big fat chump. I think I've played this more than anything else on the 360.

More than 8 in online races too pls.

That will not happen. The 360 can't handle it. It could barely handle Forza 2 what with its restrictions on replays.

Theres gotta be something wrong when games can't do replays. I can but hope for NFS - Shift.

We saw this coming anyway, it was more a matter of "when". Good to know we're about to learn more during the upcoming E3.

As long as it includes some of the things of Meerman's requests list, I'm a happy man. Less exclusive cars would be nice as well, as I HATE the fact that I'll probably never be able to get my hands on a Ferrari Challenge Stradale :)

Oh, and the addition of rally tracks and more rally cars would be nice too: a Sport quattro S1, an RS200, a 037 Rally and a Delta S4 would be a nice start.

Bring back the fucking downhill tracks, please.

Touge battles, oh yeah. Although they should at some 'express ways' as well then.

"2 discs"...

uh oh.

I did an online survey on this game ages ago. The 2 discs thing was mentioned, but that one of the discs would be an install so that no swapping was needed.

I think the decal mode in Forza 2 was perfect, so I really don't think they should add even more to this. They really need to bump up the car tweaking ability by adding an insane amount of spare parts and upgrade options. Bodykit molding would also be a good addition but they just need to go upgrade mental on everything. :)

They also need to have a mix of real world tracks and then bring back the uphill/downhill races from Forza 1. ;)

As others have said, i'll be buying this anyway. I realise it's unlikely but I'll be over the moon if somehow you can export your Forza 2 garage (including paint jobs). DJ said he thought he'd played this more than anything else on the 360 - I think i've probably spent more time just painting cars than anything else on 360!

That will not happen. The 360 can't handle it. It could barely handle Forza 2 what with its restrictions on replays.

Theres gotta be something wrong when games can't do replays. I can but hope for NFS - Shift.

Didn't Grid have 12 players online? I can't remember, but I think it did. And that looked much better than Forza 2. I know Forza 2 was running at 60fps and Grid at 30fps but I'm sure in the intervening couple of years they've managed to improve the code and stuff... I would have thought so anyway.

Didn't Grid have 12 players online? I can't remember, but I think it did. And that looked much better than Forza 2. I know Forza 2 was running at 60fps and Grid at 30fps but I'm sure in the intervening couple of years they've managed to improve the code and stuff... I would have thought so anyway.

It does and it's brilliant too - so much more 'alive' than Forza.

I'm hoping for:

- a complete revamp of the campaign mode, i.e. a new structure.

- more tracks in a Forza 1 style (touge / docks).

- GRID-style sense of speed, action (cars racing and spinning, not Forza's robots) and damage (environment / cars, ability to roll it).

- PGR4-style weather, hopefully dynamic too.

- Custom races - i.e. these six cars at Laguna Seca.

- Lift-off oversteer in FWD hatches.

- Ability to modify power curves in the tuning menu (boost etc).

Here's the 'to add' list I've posted on the official FM2 forums many a month ago.

• Helmet/cockpit camera
  • A Teatre Mode like Halo 3's where you can send clips of replays and screenshots directly to friends, as well as to the fm.net website.
  • Better quality (not compressed) screenshots on the site.
  • 12 or 16 players online, but not at the cost of the 60fps frame rate.
  • Damage model similar to GRID's.
  • Animated pit crew.
  • Pit options whilst entering the pits: fuel-, tyres-, and bodyparts selection and repair.
  • Dynamic weather.
  • Real rules, flags, pit crew radio and safety car functionality.
  • Qualification option.
  • More grid order choices (reverse lobby points etc).
  • Free choice of laps from 1-100, instead of a fixed number.
  • More tracks, plus the best ones from FM and FM2. Or all of them. And some Dutch ones like Assen and Zandvoort.

60fps is VERY important in racing games as serious as FM2. Hell, it's important for all games.

Here's the 'to add' list I've posted on the official FM2 forums many a month ago.

• Helmet/cockpit camera
  • A Teatre Mode like Halo 3's where you can send clips of replays and screenshots directly to friends, as well as to the fm.net website.
  • Better quality (not compressed) screenshots on the site.
  • 12 or 16 players online, but not at the cost of the 60fps frame rate.
  • Damage model similar to GRID's.
  • Animated pit crew.
  • Pit options whilst entering the pits: fuel-, tyres-, and bodyparts selection and repair.
  • Dynamic weather.
  • Real rules, flags, pit crew radio and safety car functionality.
  • Qualification option.
  • More grid order choices (reverse lobby points etc).
  • Free choice of laps from 1-100, instead of a fixed number.
  • More tracks, plus the best ones from FM and FM2. Or all of them. And some Dutch ones like Assen and Zandvoort.

Don't forget night-time races :D Or better yet, dynamic time, so we can actually do real 12 and 24 hour endurance races.

Don't forget night-time races :D Or better yet, dynamic time, so we can actually do real 12 and 24 hour endurance races.

I assume you mean over an accelerated time frame?