rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
FishyFish

You Have Been Watching

IRA Vs. Taliban :):lol:

I loved how the last Taliban guy got in a truck to try to escape, and then you see the...uh oh! CAR BOMB!! look on his face and BOOM! It's like an Itchy & Scratchy cartoon.

Aye, just watched it on 4OD. The beginning with 'this week in television' was very HIGNFY, I thought, but... overall, pretty good. It wasn't Screenwipe level at all but better than other panel shows I felt. Once the audience stopped barking its laughter quite so much I enjoyed it more.

The quiz side of it seems entirely superfluous but I suppose it helps to distinguish it from simply 'Screenwipe with extra people'.

he's always a bit rubbish when he actually has to talk to people though, isn't he? direct to camera he's alright but as soon as he has to converse with someone he wobbles about like a thunderbirds puppet being over-friendly and talking slightly too highly pitched

I have to say I really enjoyed it, Brooker was on good form and the Screenwipey bits were as good as ever. The quizzy bits didn't take away from it too much. I guess the quality will depend on what guests they have on. Either Richard Herring didn't say much or all his stuff got edited out, I wanted to hear more from him.

And yes, I couldn't take my eyes off Jamelia's cleavage either.

It was...OK I guess. Brooker never looks particularly comfortable in these things though.

Also, it was really long. 25 mins would have been much better.

I'd have been fucking livid if he'd ditched Screenwipe in favour of this, but as an addition it's very enjoyable. Brooker's obviously not at his best in this kind of format though - but maybe he'll warm into it.

Is this place his personal bloody fan club? So far I can see 'talking about him like he's a personal friend', 'making presumptions about his mental health', 'trying to imitate his writing style' and 'well it was shit but hey, Brooker's on telly'.

It was alright but he's about a bajillion times better on his own. Love Rufus Hound though.

Edit - Deadliest Enemy was insane and the funniest thing I've seen in ages. Proper belly laugh at the taliban bit and when the IRA got dropped in I exploded.

Is this place his personal bloody fan club?

Sure, why not?

He's a geek, a videogamer, an ex-videogames journalist.... done good.

Not surprising we all like him really :)

Rufus Hound - unfunny lines delivered with identical "comedy" delivery every time. Ugh.

Enjoyed it otherwise though - still finding its feet I think. And yes, Jamelia's cleavage. Was it just me or was there some discoloration there? Thought she'd had a pre-show burger, spilled some ketchup down there and wiped it off too hastily. Or something.

the eps are all up for download on torrents/newsgroups or to stream off the spike TV webshite with a proxy. I reckon it'll end up on Bravo at some point

The show was alright, horrible format but was quite funny for the most part.

The historian in me revolts at every aspect of that Deadliest Warrior programme. I just can't countenance any of it, though I find it oddly fascinating to see just how much they can get wrong in a short space of time.

I think that their omission of important facts is just as important as any distortion. Looking over at Wikipedia I see that they had a Viking one week. Surely the greatest threat posed by the Vikings was strategic, in that they could land on the coast, pillage somewhere miles inland and be out and away to sea again before a local lord had time to react?

Then again there seems to be one week where a 'medieval' (because military technology didn't change at all between 500 and 1500 AD) knight goes up against a pirate with a fucking flintlock pistol, so you may have a point :)

Rufus Hound - unfunny lines delivered with identical "comedy" delivery every time. Ugh.

Have to agree. Is he merely a presenter? I found his over-enthusiasm a bit jarring, and he clearly thought what he was saying was devistatingly funny. Every time Rufus said something Richard Herring would have this "okay I'm smiling but is that it?" look on his face.

I think that their omission of important facts is just as important as any distortion. Looking over at Wikipedia I see that they had a Viking one week. Surely the greatest threat posed by the Vikings was strategic, in that they could land on the coast, pillage somewhere miles inland and be out and away to sea again before a local lord had time to react?

Then again there seems to be one week where a 'medieval' (because military technology didn't change at all between 500 and 1500 AD) knight goes up against a pirate with a fucking flintlock pistol, so you may have a point :)

Yes, that's part of what I'm on about. They seem to delight in nonsense, of every stripe.

It was enjoyable enough. The imaginary One Show links were good, I thought. At first I was moaning at it because it wasn't Screenwipe, but it seemed to settle towards the end and I was enjoying myself watching it. It's not Screenwipe, but as an addition to News/Screenwipe and an extra vehicle for Brooker, it'll do nicely.

I will be tuning in next week.

Anything that points out the absurdities of Come Dine With Me and Deadliest Warrior's good in my book! I caught some Deadliest Warrior in the US last time I was over there, and it really is that AMAZE for a full 30 minutes. Full on Soul Calibur stuff.

Deadliest warriors is amazing and you can watch them on Spike TVs website, it's not there to be taken seriously it's just a blokey show about huge men smashing the fuck out of shit with cool shiny and sharp weapons and using gadgets to show what it means when a human skull splits apart when a spear hits it at 65 MPH.

The one where the samurai cuts 3 pigs in half with his sword is epic.