rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
FishyFish

You Have Been Watching

I'd argue the opposite actually. This kind of show just doesn't work with him presenting it.

Most panel shows turn out to be hiddeously contrived things that simply don't work, and I don't think this would be any different if it wasn't for Brooker pulling it all together.

I had my doubts but that was brill. An actual program about pirates v ninjas.

And then the IRA vs the Taliban. I'm still amazed it's not a joke.

I felt it was a little forced at first - the autocue piece fell a little flat - but then it really picked up and Charlie and his guests seemed to be having a lot of fun with it all. The Come Dine With Me and Deadliest Warrior sections were ace. I don't think it needs the quiz bits though. I'd much rather it just be general banterish commenting on stuff.

Gamers are a funny old bunch. If Charlie Brooker had no gaming ties and this was on ITV you'd all be saying it was complete shit.

What utter bollocks Snoog. He's a very, very funny man. Unlike Brand.

I'm not saying the show is a blinding success however, just that the notion that we're more forgiving simply because of a gaming connection is bonkers. It was less awkward than I expected, but still 'meh' compared to Screen/Newswipe.

What utter bollocks Snoog. He's a very, very funny man. Unlike Brand.

I'm not saying the show is a blinding success however, just that the notion that we're more forgiving simply because of a gaming connection is bonkers. It was less awkward than I expected, but still 'meh' compared to Screen/Newswipe.

Seems like I shouldn't have switched off after ten minutes then? Wasn't into it at all.

Hmm...William Wallace wins...hmm...the IRA wins...an american TV show you say? :lol:

Jamelia has fakies? Nooo...

It's a really weird show, they had Spetnaz beating US special forces when they compared them...

Anyways I enjoyed ogling Jamelia's boobs at least, the rest of the show kinda fell flat~

The thing is, it would have been just as funny to watch things like Deadliest Warrior if it was on something like Tarrant on TV.

In fact, Tarrant wouldn't of stretched it out with a crappy game chatting away awkwardly to his 'mates'

Hm. The format is a tad clunky and Brooker is more than a bit awkward as a presenter. Gets a bit better as the show goes on, though.

Thought it was very funny, and some good observations. Mind you, Rufus Hound is getting to be the ubiquitous panel show guest and that could be rather annoying... Jamelia saying c*nt has to go down as one of the great moments of TV.

I also like the idea of "TV Club", was watching Torchwood anyway but cool to see what Charlie/the panel thinks of it.

Deadliest Warrior is incredible. It would always be incredible.

I have to find more of that to watch, it looks awesome despite the historical inaccuracy of their William Wallace.

I enjoyed this. It seemed like a Screenwipe Lite (the introductions to each show were basically the same thing) and whilst having guests on isn't a bad thing, the quiz format breaks the pace. Plus, for a comedy show, Richard Herring seemed a little too preoccupied with getting the questions right than cracking gags.

It'll need to find its feet a bit more. The writing was good though, as one might expect from Brooker.

Deadliest Warrior looks amazing.

Mind you, Rufus Hound is getting to be the ubiquitous panel show guest and that could be rather annoying...

The biggest surprise of the show for me was that I actually found Rufus Hound bearable. He normally grates on me enormously, but I thought he was far and away the best guest.

As has been said the format was a little clunky with a few awkward moments, but there were some genuine moments of gold.

I thought this was disappointing, it was "generic panel show" slightly enhanced by Brooker. There were some decent luls but the format is just so tired that I would probably have switched it off after the first ad break if it were someone other than Charlie Brooker hosting it. I didn't have high hopes after realising it was going to be a panel show, but was still disappointed.

However, it was worth watching for Deadliest Enemy which looks amazing and I will scour the internet for all the episodes I can find this evening.

IRA Vs. Taliban :):lol:

The show is enjoyable enough. Seemed a bit ordinary compared to his other shows.

I agree with this. If this was his first show I would have enjoyed it a lot more but knowing what he normally delivers it just didn't quite work for me. It seemed far too long too.