Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

I don't find any part of not wanting to support it, amazing. It was your Blackwater talk that was amazing - you'll note I posted at the same time as your retraction. It does amaze me, however, as I've said before, that gamers who have been quite happy to kill many thousands of virtual characters in previous games with the most tenuous of justification, are so outraged at this.

Fair.

But where this differs from a purely fictional title where you get to kill innocents (say Fallout 3) the politics the game drapes itself in with MW puts it in a completely different context. The title of the game is Modern Warfare - so just as the WW2 Call of Duty games would be fucked up if they rewrote the past for a barely concealed political agenda, this game's fucked up if it intentionally shocks and misleads people about the dangers we face today for a barely concealed political agenda. You could say global politics and terrorism is a sensitive issue - that you're bound to offend someone no matter what stance you take on it - but that's exactly why when a developer runs roughshod over it all with some extreme ideological agenda it's bound to raise eyebrows. The original did it too, of course, as Comrade has written, but for my personal line of taste, while the original was merely nudging at it to an extent that could be ignored for the sake of a great game, this just looks to shit all over it. Like I say, not that it should be banned or anything as tabloid as that, but if it's as bad as it looks, I'd rather not support it financially all the same.

snowbind: I was joking about the Blackwater thing. I take your point about piracy, but it's shades of grey.

snowbind: I was joking about the Blackwater thing. I take your point about piracy, but it's shades of grey.

Fair play. I think the piracy option, no matter what your views for not playing it, are a cop out though. If it troubles you enough to not buy it, then it should trouble you enough to not play it. There isn't a shade of grey on that scale.

What a complete bunch of fucking pussies you lot are... Man the fuck up! It's a fucking game for christs sake....

I do find it a little odd that people moan about games not being taken seriously, then when anything challenging is included the argument is "it's just a game!".

The last thing I want to do is turn this thread into a debate about piracy, but for me I either pirate it and find the real thing's not as overplayed as it looks in that video, pirate it and decide it's too much, or simply not buy it at all... I'm probably gonna end up switching it off after the first level in disgust, but in case that doesn't happen my reasoning is I have to pirate it because it's the only way I'm going to buy the thing :D

The last thing I want to do is turn this thread into a debate about piracy, but for me I either pirate it and find the real thing's not as overplayed as it looks in that video, pirate it and decide it's too much, or simply not buy it at all... I'm probably gonna end up switching it off after the first level in disgust, but in case that doesn't happen my reasoning is I have to pirate it because it's the only way I'm going to buy the thing :D

I do understand the thought logic and I can't say I haven't pirated games. The problems I have is with your ownership of the issue. Saying you will pirate it to see what it is like, is not taking a stand either way. If you think the game will disgust you, then don't play it full stop. It had been raised countless times that the problematic scene has been viewed in a vacuum. We don't know where it is in the game, how it properly plays out and how it fits in with the game. So realistically no one actually knows the truth, but we do know that it exists. So by saying you won't buy it off the back of this, but then will pirate it, just to check, shows no real conviction of beliefs, to me at least.

I do find it a little odd that people moan about games not being taken seriously, then when anything challenging is included the argument is "it's just a game!".

that's all they are though... Games.. Why is there a need for them to be taken seriously, appart from people who feel the need to justify their hobby.

I've been getting practice in in gta by going into the new nighclubs with an m4 and going to town!!

I do understand the thought logic and I can't say I haven't pirated games. The problems I have is with your ownership of the issue. Saying you will pirate it to see what it is like, is not taking a stand either way. If you think the game will disgust you, then don't play it full stop. It had been raised countless times that the problematic scene has been viewed in a vacuum. We don't know where it is in the game, how it properly plays out and how it fits in with the game. So realistically no one actually knows the truth, but we do know that it exists. So by saying you won't buy it off the back of this, but then will pirate it, just to check, shows no real conviction of beliefs, to me at least.

Well that's because I can't hold any conviction until I know they haven't removed it, changed it, or what context it takes place in. But if enough people cancel their pre-orders like I have then that's probably the only kind of outcry the developers will listen to. Like you say, no one knows the truth. And until I get the chance to play it I can't claim to either...

For the record I've previously bought Call of Duty 2 on Xbox Live and both 4 and 5 over Steam. So not that that entitles to me free shit or anything like that, but I'm not looking excuse for a free download either.

that's all they are though... Games.. Why is there a need for them to be taken seriously, appart from people who feel the need to justify their hobby.

I've been getting practice in in gta by going into the new nighclubs with an m4 and going to town!!

Why shouldn't they be taken seriously? Especially a game like this - 'Modern Warfare' - that sells itself on both its realism and cinematic quality. They're rated by the BBFC for a reason.

Well i was looking and i found all the Guns and stuff here it is in my list

Primary Weapons:

==========

ASSAULT RIFLES:

----------

M4A1

FAMAS

SCAR-H (Unlocked at Lvl9)

TAR-21 (Unlocked at Lvl20)

FAL (Unlocked at Lvl28)

M16A4 (Unlocked at Lvl40)

ACR (Unlocked at Lvl48)

F2000 (Unlocked at Lvl60)

AK-47 (Unlocked at Lvl70)

SMGS:

----------

MP5K

UMP45

Vector (Unlocked at Lvl12)

P90 (Unlocked at Lvl24)

Mini Uzi (Unlocked at Lvl44)

LMGS:

----------

L86LSW

RPD

M64 (Unlocked at Lvl16)

AUG HBAR (Unlocked at Lvl32)

M240 (Unlocked at Lvl52)

SNIPERS:

----------

INTERVENTION

BARRET .50 Cal

WA2000 (Unlocked at Lvl36)

M21 EER (Unkocked at Lvl56)

SECONDARY:

==========

Machine Pistols:

----------

PP2000

G10 (Unlocked at Lvl22)

M93 Raffica (Unlocked at Lvl38)

TMP (Unlocked at Lvl58)

SPAS-12

AA-12 (Unlocked at Lvl18)

Striker (Unlocked at Lvl34)

Ranger (Unlocked at Lvl42)

M1014 (Unlocked at Lvl54)

Model 1887 (Unlocked at Lvl67)

LAUNHERS:

----------

AT4-HS

Thumper (Unlocked at Lvl14)

Stinger (Unlocked at Lvl30)

Javelin (Unlocked at Lvl50)

RPG7x2 (Unlocked at Lvl65)

HANDGUNS:

----------

USP .45

.44 Magnum (Unlocked at Lvl26)

M9 (Unlocked at Lvl46)

Desert Eagle (Unlocked at Lvl62)

EQUIPMENT:

---------

FRAG

SEMTEX

THROWING KNIVES (Unlocked at Lvl7)

Tactical Insertion (Unlocked at Lvl11)

Blast Shield (Unlocked at Lvl19)

Claymore (Unlocked at Lvl31)

C4 (Unlocked at Lvl43)

PERKS:

==========

SLOT ONE:

----------

- Marathon

- Sleight of Hand

- Scavenger (Unlocked at Lvl 13)

- Bling (Unlocked at Lvl 21)

- One Man Army (Unlocked at Lvl 45)

SLOT TWO:

----------

- Stopping Power

- Lightweight

- Hardline (Unlocked at Lvl 9)

- Cold-Blooded (Unlocked at Lvl 25)

- Danger Close (Unlocked at Lvl 33)

SLOT THREE:

----------

- Commando

- Steady Aim

- Scrambler (Unlocked at Lvl 17)

- Ninja (Unlocked at Lvl 29)

- SitRep (Unlocked at Lvl 37)

- Last Stand (Unlocked at Lvl 41)

Kill-Streaks:

==========

3 Kills UAV

4 Kills Care Package

4 Kills Counter UAV

5 Kills Sentry Gun

5 Kills Predator Missile

6 Kills Presicion Airstrike

7 Kills Harrier Strike

7 Kills Attack Heli

8 Kills Emergency Airdrop

9 Kills Pave Low

9 Kills Stealth Bomber

11 Kills Chopper Gunner

11 Kills AC-130

15 Kills EMP

25 Kills Tactical Nuke

ATTACHMENTS:

==========

ASSAULT RIFLE ATTACHMENTS:

----------

- No Attachment

- Grenade Launcher

- Red Dot Sight

- Silencer

- ACOG Scope

- FMJ (Full Metal Jacket )

- Shotgun

- Holographic Sight

- Heartbeat Sensor

- Thermal

- Extended Mags

SNIPER RIFLE ATTACHMENTS:

----------

- No Attachment

- Silencer

- ACOG Scope

- Heartbeat Sensor

- Thermal

- Extended Mags

LIGHT MACHINE GUN ATTACHMENTS:

----------

- No Attachment

- Grip

- Red Dot Sight

- Silencer

- ACOG Scope

- Holographic Sight

- Heartbeat Sensor

- Thermal

- Extended Mags

CAMOUFLAGES:

==========

- None

- Desert

- Arctic

- Woodland

- Digital

- Urban

- Blue Tiger

- Red Tiger

- Fall

Wow This game is awsome

Because currently and I stress that, there has got to be a drawn a line somewhere. Just because it is a game doesn't give it free licence. The fact that games are interactive puts further weight to it.

The word 'game' has 'light' associations with it. An 'amusement or pastime'. Not a medium experienced in carrying such weighty concepts. The demographic crossover between different genres of games is as great as other mediums, but the history of the 'game' is very short. MW and GTA are just dipping their feet in the realms of more adult content. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just as long as there is sensitivity to real world events or obviously it's going to stir up the media hornets nest.

Inifinity Ward calling their customers pussies and fags, there. With the price hike, distasteful airport massacre and now this, they seem to be doing everything in their power to persuade me not to buy their game.

You know full well they could call us all cunts, charge £60 for the standard version, and we'd still buy it.

Not only can they shit on my head - I'll thank them for the hat.

And yeah, fucking spoiler tags people. Well done, you found a list that was posted days back, in spoiler tags, yet you've just posted that shit naked.

Cheers for the spoiler, and out of date copy and pasting.

Christ.

You know full well they could call us all cunts, charge £60 for the standard version, and we'd still buy it.

Not only can they shit on my head - I'll thank them for the hat.

There's some truth in that - I'm more concerned about a company, seemingly without irony, using a homophobic term in their marketing.

I guess they know that most of their target audience will find that funny, but doesn't alter the fact that Infinity Ward appear to be losing the plot somewhat.

And yeah, fucking spoiler tags people. Well done, you found a list that was posted days back, in spoiler tags, yet you've just posted that shit naked.

Cheers for the spoiler, and out of date copy and pasting.

Christ.

Chill out, you big mong. He's only nine or something.