Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Snipers have more or less ruined FFA on this now. Many matches I play in are populated by seven or eight snipers and maybe two of us playing the game properly. I appreciate good snipers, it's a skill, but no scope/quick scope wankers running around with them. Usually they are all level 70 too, most likely hacked/boosted. I hope MW3 isn't as bad as this for the snipers, it's not right people running around using huge rifles for close combat! I've heard that MW3 will have a snipers mode, but that won't stop the fuckers trying to ruin everyone else's game.

I started playing as a sniper in the last few weeks and I’m really enjoying it. I’ve never played as a sniper and I don’t try any of that quick-scope carry on. I’ve been doing the sniper challenges; I got Perfectionist last night on Afghan after trying for ages.

My favourite spot for camping shenanigans is on the top of the crane on Highrise – get up there with Cold Blooded and a silenced rifle and you can have some good times. Also the roof on Sub Base just across from where all the action happens is a good place – get a claymore down and you’re pretty safe.

I find that 80% of my kills come from people in those two positions ...

Aye. I dont think I'll ever put the time into it again as I did before (a new baby in the house put paid to that tbh) but I do like a game of MW2. One of my favourite things about Call of Duty is that it does cater to the lone wolf, I work crazy anti social shifts and I have a young family so I cant commit to being online at the same time every night to play, which means I would struggle in games which require that kind of investment. Mercenary TDM and Free For All means I can jump in on my own when I get the time and/or inclination, and it means I dont have to be a sacrificial lamb to those people who do play in organised squads.

• 1 month later...

Double XP for this and Black Ops confirmed for next weekend. Anyone gonna slip in a final Prestige?

If that's for the PC version as well then I probably will, I'm lvl 38 at prestige 2 and I can unlock the second custom slot by going to prestige 3. Nice time for it to land for me

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 years later...

This is still tremendous. Seems to run really well on my OG Xbox One too. Took me a few games to acclimatise to the Bone's controller - despite it being a better stick the 360's controller is so deeply embedded in my muscle memory. 

The scoreboard is messed up though. In MP it tells me I've only played 28 days. The main scoreboard tells me 38 days in MP. Pretty sure I've played much more than that. 

Still don’t know if I actually preferred the MP on this to Halo. 

There’s no doubt about it though, FFA in MW2 is probably the greatest solo MP of all time. Hearing kids weep with frustrated rage as you headshot them while in Last Stand is the music of the gods.

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

Still don’t know if I actually preferred the MP on this to Halo. 

There’s no doubt about it though, FFA in MW2 is probably the greatest solo MP of all time. Hearing kids weep with frustrated rage as you headshot them while in Last Stand is the music of the gods.

TDM was better, for me - the minimap showing the direction your teammates were facing meant you could stay alive longer, their skill irrelevant.

While that has been the case since MW2, it was reported earlier this year that some of the Respawn team have rejoined for MW4.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-05-21-infinity-ward-has-quietly-been-recruiting-respawn-developers

Add that to the Naughty Dog staff they picked up to help make Infinite Warfare’s campaign the best since MW2’s and it looks like a studio that can finally live up to the name again.

Which is just as well because what I played of the BO4 beta left me thinking that Treyarch’s time as top dog is up.