Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

You're missing out on a world of fun with subbies! The UMP45 w/ FMJ is currently my favourite FFA SMG. Pair it with a PP2000 and SitRep and you've got the perfect aggressive FFA class. I used it for virtually all of my matches over the weekend like a BOSS.

MP5K rapid-fire, Vector silenced, Akimbo Mini-Uzis, P90 exmags... there are so many fun and unique subbie builds if you ever want a change of pace.

What are your killstreak rewards, Blue?

Yeah, must give them a whirl. I've used the UMP on occasion and it does indeed rock but people complain. :facepalm:

Predator, Harrier and Pavelow. Playing the percentages again.

I have no desire for UAV as I very rarely use/trust the radar and find it distracts my concentration so I ignore it by and large and play by sound/sight. If I had my way, radar would be taken out of FPS.

Not since Blops came out, no. Why do you never play with me, Timmo?

@Blue I dropped the Predator from FFA because of the rarity of getting a double kill and the fact it leaves you vulnerable while using it. I think the UAV is more likely to help me get 4 kills than the Predator is to get me 2. Fair enough if you don't like the radar though.

@Blue I dropped the Predator from FFA because of the rarity of getting a double kill and the fact it leaves you vulnerable while using it. I think the UAV is more likely to help me get 4 kills than the Predator is to get me 2. Fair enough if you don't like the radar though.

I only need one kill with the predator. OMA + Hardline when firing predator FTW. ;)

Not since Blops came out, no. Why do you never play with me, Timmo?

I've barely played in about 6 months, really. Just killed it with playing it so much, I think. The prospect of Strike with Modern Warfare 2 graphics excites me but enough to spend. Just got Brink on Zavvi's £12.95 offer, too.

Mwahahaha.

lol. I have Ninja Pro again now so it's all good. You around tonight?

I've barely played in about 6 months, really. Just killed it with playing it so much, I think. The prospect of Strike with Modern Warfare 2 graphics excites me but enough to spend. Just got Brink on Zavvi's £12.95 offer, too.

I don't think the maps have ever been on offer. Unfortunately they're a bit hit and miss - the CoD4 maps and Storm are good. Carnival and Fuel are pants.

I want another throwing knife final killcam tonight. Forget your 51 win streak, that throwing knife was amaze*

The TAR is due for a work-out as I've not used it so far during this prestige. The downside is I'll need to use Scavenger as I use up ammo like it's going out of fashion.

* It wasn't that amazing.

I'm loving this again. Just can't go back to black ops anymore. Just unlocked the ACR again and it's so much fun getting head shots across the map against those annoying snipers. I've been using the spas a lot lately too, been having some Randy Savage moments on FFA. I wish it had a replay mode like BO, so many good moments on this game that I wish I could see again.

Yea I've had enough of the shitty net code on BLOPS, if it's not 4 bars strength, or even if it is sometimes, it's frustrating to the max. MW2, Ground War or vanilla Domination, using Sandy Ravage's load out, mmm. Shame when you find a lobby full of 'scopers, but apart from that I'm having a blast, literally, again. I'll never tire of the SPAS-12 :wub:

Getting back into this big time after being away for a few months. Love rocking some of the more unseen weapons. Loving the silenced F2000 with akimbo g18s on backup as the main run n gun loadout , F2000 with holo sight and AA-12 with extended mags and scavenger making mincemeat out of foes on Skidrow and Harbour :D

Found a fun new tactic on Highrise. At the start of the round all the sniping numpties bum the windows looking for a cheap kill on the other side. Using the TAR21 with FMJ and Holo sight I run straight to the window and just empty the clip into the opposite side. Double kill, fank you very much. LOL

By the way, Blue, your accuracy hasn't been hacked. It's a glitch that always occurs when you reach somewhere around 215,000 hits that the game doesn't work out your accuracy correctly. The actual number of hits and misses remains accurate, and some people say that once you reach 400,000+ hits the game starts working it out properly again. :)

I mained the TMP silenced last night for a few FFAs (which I won, obviously), much to the chagrin of one particular try-hard in the lobby. Feels good to make bad kids mad, you dig?

Ah, that's good to know, thanks. It's quite annoying as I had been actively working on improving my accuracy and had taken it from a dreadful 13% to 18%. I have 446K hits now and an accuracy of 0.63 though, so it's not looking like fixing itself. No biggie, I'd be much more pissed off if my precious kdr was messed with - lotta work went into that.

Grenade Launchers

Lunging Knife

Snipers who run around using Sniper rifle like a Shotgun

Shotguns with stupid range and accuracy

How do you still play and put up with this crap?

It’s not really crap, it’s a valid method that can be used to take you down. However, every single class and play style can be countered with a class and play style of your own.

Grenade Launchers? Get a defensive class, lay Claymores and stay low.

Knife with SMG? Stay out of corridors, favour open areas and get an Assault Rifle.

Snipers and no scoping idiots? Go invisible and silence your weapons.

Shotguns? Get a long range gun and let them come to you.

Although there certainly are more annoying classes, it’s the constant change of attack, tactical decisions and quick fire combat that make every single round varied and great fun to play. There’s no match you’re certain to win, every approach is valid and every play style has another that can just as easily counter what you’re running with.

Aside from lag, hacking and annoying players ( Just like any online community ) I find Modern Warfare 2 to be absolutely brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game has flaws in that you can still lose out when you've outplayed someone but that is almost always down to death streaks. If you tube me, even with Danger Close, I've been outplayed, fair enough. If, however, I gun you down but you fall into Final Stand and then tube me, that's unfair. Remove death streaks and most of the annoyances go. I don't like the standard knife lunge, but I can live with it. It's annoying but not, on the whole, unfair. Painkiller is, as we all know. Death streaks spoil the puzzle. I hope you see my point.

I get as annoyed as the next guy about being knifed by a guy who runs through a hail of bullets to get to me but I wouldn't want it removed, necessarily. Every game has a set of rules you have to play within and it's just a question of learning them and using them to your advantage. If I thought commando gave me the best advantage, I'd use it, but it doesn't. Painkiller is a sore one indeed but there you go - gives some advantage back to the shit players who die a lot I suppose.

Now tactical insertion, there's a game-ruiner! They could have made it so that if you are killing the same player within 3 seconds of them respawning, 4 times in a row, that you lose your tac' insertion or any other valid solution that allows legitimate users of insertion to have it, if you don't want to take it out. Cheating is the one thing that drives me insane.

None of those things genuinely annoy me - as said it's in the game.

I just feel a bit sad for the unskilled 360 no-scopers. Every game they're spinning out of some window, only to land and be popped in the head immediately. I can't imagine spending hours and hours grinding for those kills to put in some dumb youtube montage. I hardly played during it's rise so it's wierd seeing all these people now, failing and largely ignored as the game goes on around them. What is the point?

The only thing that still annoys me is the 2-3 messages about boost lobbies after every single match I have to delete.

Stole a care package last night (rare occurance for me, I usually get shot).

it was an EMP :)

Happy fucking days, the guy was FUMING.

The last care package I stole was a chopper gunner. The guy that called it in went berserk. Oh well.

Had a quick few rounds of FFA earlier. Styling on people with an F2000 never gets old.

You see, I can't really get on with the F2000 as the recoil is insane, even on very short controlled bursts. Any tips for working with it?