Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

There seems to be a lot less idiots playing now – no boosters and that annoying hack with all the text on screen seems to have been sorted.

I wish - ran into some boosters just the other night (Twice out of 10 games?) and I got messages inviting me to boosting lobbies. Still, it give me a reason to keep my Booster Justice slot intact. :ph34r:

Saying that, it's not as crazy as it used to be and they're not as persistent. Also either I've gotten better or most people have gotten worse*.

*I know which it is :(

I played some MW2 last night for the first time in over six months. Now I'm only level 20 (not prestiged or anything) so not very hardcore. Played Domination for the first time and wish I'd played it sooner.

Scrub that, just had another go and can't hit an ememy if he was stood infront of me waving.

I envy you lot being able to use this game as something to relax with.

stuck this on last night after a long long time away from it, i had totally forgotten how fucking amazing it is.

Late to the debate here, but the gunplay is just so much better than black ops, as is the intensity and atmosphere, I will be sticking with this until 3 drops.

you lot were right from the off.

defo

Everyone accepts it in the end. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Had an amazing HQ Pro game last night. I was on with just one friend, on Estate, and we have everyone else drop out from our team. The other team of 6 take the boathouse HQ at 130-175. I single-handedly take them all out and destroy it with them on 195. 2 randoms join our side and we secure the next two captures and win 200-195. My friend and I scored more points than the other 8 put together and went 57-20 and 58-16 respectively. Beyond epic.

I still seem obsessed with this game. It's all I play. I prestiged again (2nd or 3rd time how do you know?) and just hit level 30.

Happy to play with any other mukers, I usually stick to tdme with the odd ground war but am happy to play any other modes.

I'm a run and gun sort of player, i dont kill in big numbers but like to support and strive to keep my kdr in each match above 1.

Tag is motek360

The hitmarkers in this game are beyond compare. In fact, all of its audio-visual and tactile feedback is perfect and way ahead of any other online FPS. I really, really hope MW3 is nothing at all like Black Ops and retains the feeling of solidity that this and CoD4 have.

The hitmarkers in this game are beyond compare. In fact, all of its audio-visual and tactile feedback is perfect and way ahead of any other online FPS. I really, really hope MW3 is nothing at all like Black Ops and retains the feeling of solidity that this and CoD4 have.

Well it's based on the MW engine from 1 and 2 rather then Treyarch's engine, and they have stated they want to make it more gun-play centric like MW1.

It all sounds good, but lets see how much talent left to go to Respawn and what the map designs are like before we call it a home run...

I played some solo TDM last night, and was mostly lumbered with The Worst Teammates EverTM. I'm not amazing at this game (far from it), but I was playing really well. Went on a proper Sandy Ravage-style SPAS-12 spree on Scrapyard, culminating in me getting an AC-130 and we still lost because every other player on my side went negative. The same thing happened in other games, I'd go 14-0, 16-2 or 27-5 and we'd still lose. But despite that it was all hugely enjoyable, mainly because no-one was really tubing, and the game itself is so solidly put together.

For MW3 they should introduce a matchmaking filter that lets you search for people with a decent e.g. above 1.0 k/d so you know that you're not rolling with a team of idiots. And they should add a snipers-only playlist too, where the sniper rifles work just like they do in MW2 (so that even if they're rebalanced in MW3 the sniper kids will still be happy). That way the quick-scopers can have their 360-twirling fun far, far away from me. The bonus being that they can be identified by their IP addresses, and quietly removed from society.

It is? Good stuff if so, you got a link?

Try this

2) No, this runs on the MW3 engine, which would typically be named IW5 but out of respect of our co-development partners at Sledgehammer games we are simply referring to it as the MW3 engine. It is upgraded from the engine we used in Modern Warfare 2. There have been a lot of advances, mostly in streaming tech to allow us to get the scale of levels we're doing in Modern Warfare 3 and maintain gameplay consistency with the framerate and smoothness. We've got a lot of audio stuff mostly adding situational awareness like bullet wizzbys and other subtle upgrades. A lot of lighting stuff updates as well.

I'm currently on 51 match win-streak from over the weekend. Playing regular TDM with between one and three friends and a whole bunch of FFAs thrown in. My worst FFA score was 30-10. Yes, this is a bragpost.

On another note, here's One Class to Rule Them All

FAMAS w/ Holographic; Blue Tiger

G18 Akimbo

Stun grenades

Semtex

Sleight of Hand Pro

Stopping Power Pro

Ninja Pro

UAV/Harrier/Pave Low/Copycat

Enjoy being a FFA pro.

I'm currently on 51 match win-streak from over the weekend. Playing regular TDM with between one and three friends and a whole bunch of FFAs thrown in. My worst FFA score was 30-10. Yes, this is a bragpost.

On another note, here's One Class to Rule Them All

FAMAS w/ Holographic; Blue Tiger

G18 Akimbo

Stun grenades

Semtex

Sleight of Hand Pro

Stopping Power Pro

Ninja Pro

UAV/Harrier/Pave Low/Copycat

Enjoy being a FFA pro.

Nice going. Akimbo G18s are very hard to combat. I've never used them myself but I'm eternally grateful that they are a relatively rare sight in the games I play. The FAMAS is great as is the M16, which I have a slight preference for but a suppressed TAR-21 remains my weapon of choice. It wins out against all weapons in the greatest percentage of situations, imo. If I want to win I take the TAR, but if my mojo (and the connection) is on I go M16 for the fun factor of having to be quick and accurate. But then I play with all the assault rifles and love them all. I never use SMGs or pistols and only have 2 classes that allow for a secondary, which is invariably the AA-12 or Stinger.

You're missing out on a world of fun with subbies! The UMP45 w/ FMJ is currently my favourite FFA SMG. Pair it with a PP2000 and SitRep and you've got the perfect aggressive FFA class. I used it for virtually all of my matches over the weekend like a BOSS.

MP5K rapid-fire, Vector silenced, Akimbo Mini-Uzis, P90 exmags... there are so many fun and unique subbie builds if you ever want a change of pace.

What are your killstreak rewards, Blue?