Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Anyone seen anything like this? I've seen it in a few games I played earlier on - I dashboarded out of them out of paranoia.

I had that all last night, except it was multiple lines of it - about six lines all the same until you couldn't see what was happening on the screen. It kept happening in each lobby I joined so I shut down the 360 and rebooted but it soon reappeared.

Yeah, same. Had a couple of rounds last night before it appeared, when I dashboarded and didn't bother going back on. It's an infection hack, apparently, meaning you'll pick it up and spread it next time you get host. Dashboarding/clearing the cache sorts it though.

Friday night was fun, looking forward to getting on with Phil again this week. Triple EADs are just too much fun, especially when the enemy starts teleporting to where you've called them in.

post-11162-080922100 1303897548_thumb.jp

post-11162-082081700 1303897571_thumb.jp

In MW2 It literally does nothing but present a visual annoyance. It happens when one of the "infected" players pulls up their scoreboard and it's just to advertise that site. Simply returning to the main menu clears it if you pick it up.

Friday night was fun, looking forward to getting on with Phil again this week. Triple EADs are just too much fun, especially when the enemy starts teleporting to where you've called them in.

Haha - those games were excellent. Having three people playing and communicating together, and just tearing around the map is so much fun.

"I've got an Airdrop".

"I've just called mine in".

"I've got one too!".

"Oh look, they've teleported in behind us!"

Proper fun times were had. I can't believe I got the worst Chopper Gunner pilot on Skid Row ever.

Just had a pretty fun HQ Pro Barebones game on Skidrow. 16-0 with all four captures and our one destroy. Probably the shortest HQP game I've ever played.

Since Prestiging on Wednesday (back to level 50 now) I've got 800 kills with each of the UMP and FAMAS along with another 500 with the M4. There's no doubt in my mind that the FAMAS w/ RDS is the best gun in the game when you're on a good connection.

I really hope somebody has subscribed to this topic merely so they can neg me as soon as I make a post. Whoever you are, I'm sorry you're bad at the game. I'll keep being good and posting about it, k?

Just got in a hacked Barebones game. It was a FFA and I got the first kill which ended the game and gave me 2 million XP. I dashboarded straight away and thankfully none of my stats have been touched.

Just got in a hacked Barebones game. It was a FFA and I fot the first kill which ended the game and gave me 2 million XP. I dashboarded straight away and thankfully none of my stats have been touched.

Got this last night too and dashboarded. Was also in a game where if you jumped, you jumped about a hundred feet and died when you landed. More worryingly, I'd swear the game is a little bit twitchy at the moment - like the controls are more sensitive or something. Whatever is happening, there has been a recent upsurge in messing with the game which is rather tiresome.

I'm going to be back on this tonight if you're about? Will be on later in the week too.

Blue, we still need to get some team games going.

I played Black Ops with Mr Furious last week for a couple of hours and was left speechless at the appalling hit detection. Say what you like about MW2's balance, Black Ops desperately needs MW2's net-code and matchmaking.

Thanks for the games Phil, good fun as always. I should be on for a while this evening too. My friend is 6000 kills above me on the leaderboard but he's away with work for a week and I'm trying to pass him before he gets back. Might have to play EZ mode FFA or some Demo for those sweet 100 kill games.

Thanks for the games Phil, good fun as always. I should be on for a while this evening too. My friend is 6000 kills above me on the leaderboard but he's away with work for a week and I'm trying to pass him before he gets back. Might have to play EZ mode FFA or some Demo for those sweet 100 kill games.

Yeah, I'll be around tonight, usual time :D

Just got in a hacked Barebones game. It was a FFA and I got the first kill which ended the game and gave me 2 million XP. I dashboarded straight away and thankfully none of my stats have been touched.

I'm curious as to why 6 people have negged this post. Should I have glitched my way up through the levels and potentially gained a l33t kdr instead of quitting and retaining my legit rank and stats, do you think?

I'm going to be back on this tonight if you're about? Will be on later in the week too.

Blue, we still need to get some team games going.

I played Black Ops with Mr Furious last week for a couple of hours and was left speechless at the appalling hit detection. Say what you like about MW2's balance, Black Ops desperately needs MW2's net-code and matchmaking.

Yeah, I'll change my classes to suit TDM and see you there.

I'm curious as to why 6 people have negged this post. Should I have glitched my way up through the levels and potentially gained a l33t kdr instead of quitting and retaining my legit rank and stats, do you think?

Weird. Thankfully it usually evens out in the wash. It's back to -1 now.

• 5 weeks later...

stuck this on last night after a long long time away from it, i had totally forgotten how fucking amazing it is.

Late to the debate here, but the gunplay is just so much better than black ops, as is the intensity and atmosphere, I will be sticking with this until 3 drops.

you lot were right from the off.

I prestiged for the 5th time last weekend and I’ve been going back up through the levels during the week and it’s still as much fun as ever. There seems to be a lot less idiots playing now – no boosters and that annoying hack with all the text on screen seems to have been sorted. I enjoyed my time on Black Ops but MW2 is my staple on-line shooter until 3 comes out.