Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

CoD4 on 360 is suffering from a hack that resets your rank and gives you -57 million XP. The only way to get it fixed is to message fourzerotwo on Live but even that isn't guaranteed. I think most of the PS3 problems have been resolved now.

CoD4 on 360 is suffering from a hack that resets your rank and gives you -57 million XP. The only way to get it fixed is to message fourzerotwo on Live but even that isn't guaranteed. I think most of the PS3 problems have been resolved now.

Nope, my post was for the PS3. Tons of hacked lobbies on there.

Ah, okay. No need for the neg though, eh? Reports on GameFAQs suggested it was a lot better since the patch (I meant system update, brain fart) last month. Fact remains that it's the -57m XP hack that's the most worrying one around, and afaik it's 360 only. edit @mr_woo: fair enough. Best avoided on every platform for now. I saw talk earlier of IW considering potential updates to "legacy" games on PS3. I wonder if anything will come of that? Probably not, but still.

edit: wow, 7 posts negged in one minute! You really showed me, anonymous internet person!

Ah, okay. No need for the neg though, eh? Reports on GameFAQs suggested it was a lot better since the patch last month. Fact remains that it's the -57m XP hack that's the most worrying one around, and afaik it's 360 only.

There was no patch for COD4, it was only for MW2 sadly. I guess COD4 has been forgotten.

Ah, okay. No need for the neg though, eh? Reports on GameFAQs suggested it was a lot better since the patch (I meant system update, brain fart) last month. Fact remains that it's the -57m XP hack that's the most worrying one around, and afaik it's 360 only. edit @mr_woo: fair enough. Best avoided on every platform for now. I saw talk earlier of IW considering potential updates to "legacy" games on PS3. I wonder if anything will come of that? Probably not, but still.

edit: wow, 7 posts negged in one minute! You really showed me, anonymous internet person!

It wasn't me negging you.

I saw that about IW for some updates on the older titles as well, but I think someone said it was just for small updates to the playlists.

Well there's always the PC version since that one uses dedicated servers etc. I am sure there's some mods that can be looked at as well for that now too.

Still the best online FPS by a yard and a half on the 360.

Had my first proper session on this in over 6 months last night and I have to agree. Nothing really compares. Its surprisingly easy to get back into the swing of things too.

Negged for neg moaning.

To be fair, most of the 'quick'-scopers I've seen in the games I've played in the last few days have been absolutely terrible, and easily picked off. I guess it depends on if you run into a group of determined or practiced ones or not. The SPAS-12 should short them out, just hip-fire that bad-boy!

Despite my hatred for MW2's multiplayer when it first came out I thought I'd try it again as despite everything I do like the guns in it and this thread put me in the mood to try it out again. First of all I tried a few Team Deathmatch games and it was absolutely fucking horrible, it's everything I hate about the game - quickscoping, commando, killstreaks amongst other things. It put me into a rage and I absolutely loathed it. Also, shotguns should absolutely and positively NOT be a fucking secondary weapon, ever.

I then tried the Objective Barebones Pro mode and I have to say that had a much better time, dare I say it I even quite enjoyed it. It still has some stuff that REALLY fucks me off like Commando but I was lucky in that their wasn't a lot of snipers around this time. Did quite well too in capturing objectives. I would absolutely love it if IW would introduce a Pure Barebones mode, with those guns it would be quite wonderful but for now it'll be a game I stick on now and again in addition to COD4 and Black Ops. (Though none of those are as good as Bad Company 2 - the king of multiplayer).

Was it said recently that IW would update the playlists for MW2 ? I'd love to see them do that. The core gunplay of the series is pretty good, they should really have more faith in it.

How I deal with killstreaks:

- Always assume that no-one else on your team will take them out

- If/when killed switch to Cold Blooded/Stinger class (still a beastly class with my silenced ACR)

The stinger coupled with cold-blooded is so brutal that you only really need to worry about a decent carpet-bombing AC130 player and a spawn trap, which is very rare.

Cheers for the games yesterday chaps. Sorry if Objective Barebones wasn't to everyone's taste, I really enjoy it though. I shan't be on over the weekend but I hope you all have fun if you play!

I enjoyed those games. Shame Demolition on Quarry was a bit laggy - it was almost impossible to defuse because they always got the drop on me.

How I deal with killstreaks:

- Always assume that no-one else on your team will take them out

- If/when killed switch to Cold Blooded/Stinger class (still a beastly class with my silenced ACR)

The stinger coupled with cold-blooded is so brutal that you only really need to worry about a decent carpet-bombing AC130 player and a spawn trap, which is very rare.

This is spot on. It's funny how in some games teams are ruthless in taking out air support, so UAV's, Airstrikes and Stealthbombers are the way to go. In other matches Harriers can sit there racking up kill after kill because even the players who have access to Cold Blooded and Stingers just don't bother using them.

Been having some awesome games with Phil the last few nights. Objective barebones, combined with managing to get a 4 bar connection whenever Phil hosts (which is often) has led to some of the most fun times I've ever had with the game. Even with only a team of 3 plus randoms you can roll over all comers in this mode. Very satisfying.

I've seen you pop up online a few times Blue, if you ever want in on the games just send a message and we'll lobby up.

I'm still finding new favourite classes virtually every week. The current hotness is HoloFAL, M9 extended mags, Semtex/stuns, SoH Pro, SP Pro and SitRep (still working on Pro for that, sadly). It tears up in every mode. Everyone should have at least one SitRep class, it's an incredibly useful perk in objective matches.

:D

I wish MW2 had a theatre mode for moments like that! Last night's games were great - rolling with a full party is awesome, and even against laggy french players that had host we still steamrolled them.

I found out why I was intermittently lagging one game from the end. I'd started a demo downloading just before you invited me, and despite seeing the automatic 'Download Stopped' message after joining your party it must have resumed behind the scenes because during that second-to-last match on Sub Base the pop-up appeared announcing that the demo had finished loading. Gah!

EDIT: Oh man, I've just remembered that teen who joined and treated us to his awful rapping. Pure amaze.

I've seen you pop up online a few times Blue, if you ever want in on the games just send a message and we'll lobby up.

Most definitely. I'm totally honed for FFA though so allow me to be a crap team-mate for a bit.

I'm still finding new favourite classes virtually every week. The current hotness is HoloFAL, M9 extended mags, Semtex/stuns, SoH Pro, SP Pro and SitRep (still working on Pro for that, sadly). It tears up in every mode. Everyone should have at least one SitRep class, it's an incredibly useful perk in objective matches.

FAL anything is great. I never take a secondary - well, I do on Skidrow, but that's it. I would in TDM of course. Yes, looking forward to some games - actually, sorry, did get an invite from you one night but I was in a brilliant lobby so didn't accept. Please do invite me if you see me.

Thanks to PhilG for some excellent company as always and some nice games of FFA t'other night.

FAL with the holographic sight is particularly good. It boosts the minimum damage to 40 meaning with Stopping Power it's a 2sk at any range. But yeah, even silenced/Cold Blooded its a 2sk within its maximum damage range. Great gun.

Despite my complaints I think I've found my niche with the Barebones Objective mode. Yeah some things still annoy me perk wise but I've had many great games and really started to enjoy it. I wish though they would have Barebones Team Deathmatch separate (without free for all) and bump the player count for that up to 12.

Last game of the night, down to just me and two my mates on. TDM on Highrise, we lose by four. Fair enough, I think, then I check the scoreboard. The three other guys managed a sterling 13-44 between them. They were all 2nd/3rd prestige too. I was speechless.

edit: bad kids gonna be bad (and neg)

My favoured playlists at the moment are team tactical and hardcore mosh pit. I've got some mates back onto it, so we form a regular group of 4. The standard of opponent seems quite low - the other night we were just decimating guys in match after match after match.

Checking a few of the challenges last night I noticed that of the 40,000 kills I've got since I first prestiged only 230 have been with the knife. I clearly need to get working on that mad panic knifing reflex if I want to get good.

Very annoying thing happened to me recently. I went on a run of 4 prestiges back to back, deciding that I was going to stick after 9 as I liked the symbol (hate the 10th one) and most of them are cheats. Anyway, I was about level 20 or something on 9th, joined a game, fired in the opening second of the game which triggered me being made level 70. Was so pissed off but at least it didn't rank up my weapon or perk stats, though it did unlock all weapons.

The only other time I've suffered at the hands of scum hackers was when I was actively working on my accuracy stats, made it to about 17%, and it got changed to -17%. Have got it back to 0.95% :angry:

Oh, and my win streak is apparently 1020 lol. I'm good but ...

Too late for you now but for anyone else: if you get a shedload of XP or especially negative XP for an action quit to dashboard straight away. Anything that's happened in the game won't have affected you and you can keep your legitimacy with regards to your stats and levels. Sorry to hear it happened to you, Blue.

Thanks to PhilG for some excellent company as always and some nice games of FFA t'other night.

:D

I enjoyed those games, although having rarely played FFA I find it a bit frustrating as it frequently seems to respawn me with my back to someone, leading to nasty spawn-die-spawn-die cycles (e.g. that game on Crash where you utterly dominated the lobby). We definitely need to team up next time you're on though, you can't beat matches with proper teamwork, especially when the other team have been mouthing off beforehand and you proceed to utterly spank them. Have you got any tips for FFA by the way? You've gotten extremely good at it...

Thanks to Swallow and friends for the games over the last few evenings, they've been fantastic fun, and even two people working for the objective together can win a game despite a team comprised of camping no-hopers!

I shall be on tonight around 11pm if anyone fancies some late games?