Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Yeah, but I'll be shit. I've completely forgotten how to play TDM and I never did understand how to play any of the objective games.

If that sounds like the kind of team mate you're looking for, I'm always available. :D

TDM in CoD is mostly just Free-For-All tactics, but half the people aren't trying to kill you!

Whenever I play MW2 it always makes me wonder how Treyarch messed up Plops so badly. Some of the stuff they added is great(theatre mode and stat tracking for example), but the core gameplay/netcode is so messed up. Even without full bars on MW2 your bullets actually take people down consistently and when you don't, it's because of your own bad aim.  The only positive of Black ops is that after playing it MW2 seems much easier and looks lovely in comparison. 

If only we could have just got an update(all it needed was tweaking and no scoping removing) on MW2, theatre mode on it would be awesome!  It's a pity Activation shot themselves in the foot and forced out IW. Though they are still going to make shit loads of money with an inferior product for years to come, so I guess they don't care. 

I wonder if we'll ever see something to beat MW2 in the near future. Certain games get hyped up, like homefront, but never live up to expectations. 

Whenever I play MW2 it always makes me wonder how Treyarch messed up Plops so badly. Some of the stuff they added is great(theatre mode and stat tracking for example), but the core gameplay/netcode is so messed up. Even without full bars on MW2 your bullets actually take people down consistently and when you don't, it's because of your own bad aim.  The only positive of Black ops is that after playing it MW2 seems much easier and looks lovely in comparison. 

If only we could have just got an update(all it needed was tweaking and no scoping removing) on MW2, theatre mode on it would be awesome!  It's a pity Activation shot themselves in the foot and forced out IW. Though they are still going to make shit loads of money with an inferior product for years to come, so I guess they don't care. 

I wonder if we'll ever see something to beat MW2 in the near future. Certain games get hyped up, like homefront, but never live up to expectations. 

Considering how Activision like to milk their franchises for all they're worth I don't understand why they didn't look after the MW2 community more. They could have produced more map packs, added or tweaked playlists and perks, and made a lot more money than investing the same development effort into a new title. A small team could have made them tens of millions more profit for next to no investment beyond salaries and a few months time.

Considering how Activision like to milk their franchises for all they're worth I don't understand why they didn't look after the MW2 community more. They could have produced more map packs, added or tweaked playlists and perks, and made a lot more money than investing the same development effort into a new title. A small team could have made them tens of millions more profit for next to no investment beyond salaries and a few months time.

Isn't Black Ops the fastest selling game of all time? There's your answer.

Whenever I play MW2 it always makes me wonder how Treyarch messed up Plops so badly. Some of the stuff they added is great(theatre mode and stat tracking for example), but the core gameplay/netcode is so messed up. Even without full bars on MW2 your bullets actually take people down consistently and when you don't, it's because of your own bad aim. The only positive of Black ops is that after playing it MW2 seems much easier and looks lovely in comparison.

If only we could have just got an update(all it needed was tweaking and no scoping removing) on MW2, theatre mode on it would be awesome! It's a pity Activation shot themselves in the foot and forced out IW. Though they are still going to make shit loads of money with an inferior product for years to come, so I guess they don't care.

Well Blops has been fine for me for a good while now, no real problems with lag to be honest and that was the only real problem with it. Still, the polish of MW1 and MW2 would have been nice and I look forward to seeing what Raven do with MW3. Love them guys.

Also, what the fuck is it with the pricing of the COD games on Xbox Live, 30 - 40 quid, bloody hell.

Thanks for the games yesterday, Phil, I thought they were pretty good fun. Even with just two people we were able to drag our team through most games. It's just a shame that the connections suffer when America gets on.

Does anyone else ever feel like there are times when the game doesn't want you to get your big killstreak? I'm running along nicely and all of a sudden my gun decides not to work at the key moment in a game. Maybe it is a coincidence, but it's a common one for me. It's not pressure, I'm having a great time and beasting with confidence and then... my gun literally stops firing in the middle of a clip.

Isn't Black Ops the fastest selling game of all time? There's your answer.

True, but I'd have thought the profit margin and speed of turnaround on map packs would have made them an attractive proposition versus dropping millions of dollars and 100+ people on a title that doesn't deliver any revenue for 18 months. You'd think there was room for both.

Thanks for the games yesterday, Phil, I thought they were pretty good fun. Even with just two people we were able to drag our team through most games. It's just a shame that the connections suffer when America gets on.

Likewise, I had a great time. I was pretty bummed about getting disconnected from Live during the last match, I was on 20+ kills at that point. Did we win? You really tore up a few of those games - nice work :D

You bastards. I'm going to have to get this again. Read a few posts here yesterday and suddenly I'm pining for Terminal, for Strike, for my SPAS-12.

I went on a SPAS-12 spree in the Afghan cave last night, and another on Karachi. The best bit on the latter was when they'd keep coming back to the room I was holding down, trying to rush me, only to find I'd switched corners and shot them in the back. Triple-kill!!!!

Yeah, we won that one too. :) We only lost a couple of rounds in total I think, which considering we had some horrible noobs on our team was quite the achievement. I noticed a few of your SPAS killfeeds - I'm sure I softened quite a few of them up for you! I won't be on tonight but I'll hopefully get a good amount of time on on Thursday and Friday.

Ha ha, yeah, the match on Scrapyard was funny. I kept killing people with the SPAS and you kept getting the assist! I was just rushing the middle area and hitting people from waaaay away, it's awesome fun.

I'm not around tonight either but I'll be online on Thursday at the same time as last night and after 11pm on Friday for a couple of hours.

The hit detection in this game is great. You can almost feel the bullets connecting. I enjoyed Black Ops, but this just gets my adrenaline going much more, awesome stuff.

I had a really fun game of Barebones Headquarters on Wasteland yesterday.At one point I was the last man alive on the defensive team and I got ten straight kills with my UMP and then SPAS for the last few, sticking and moving around by the hedge line. Was made even sweeter knowing that all my team-mates were spectating it. :D

£20 in Blockbuster - got it in a two for £30 deal with Vanquish. Yay!

Of course there's a chance that I'll play it for ten minutes, swear a lot then put it away and forget about it again, but we'll see. Is it safe to say most of the bellends are still playing BLOPS?

Rebought this yesterday and its, bizarrely, really comfortable to play. I'd like to apologise to IW for saying I preferred Black Ops all those months ago. Give me a shout if your party numbers are a bit low.

So as someone who never really played the first MW (so don't have any old favourites in terms of maps), is it worth buying the additional map packs? Am I missing out on much by not having them?

As someone who's never played MW you should get your arse in gear and play MW instead, still the best modern warfare COD game by a long shot.

As someone who's never played MW you should get your arse in gear and play MW instead, still the best modern warfare COD game by a long shot.

Well, I've played the single player, but assumed that there wouldn't be many people still playing the original MW online any more.

Actually, thinking about it, I don't think I ever completed the first one. Got too frustrated with the bit that was against the clock somewhere near the end - I don't like being rushed!

Don't bother with the maps. It's where you'll encounter the majority of really cheap players.

There are a few nasty hacks around on CoD4 at the moment, I wouldn't be playing it online at all until they're cleared up.

The map packs aren't must haves, especially if they're still 1200pts. The second pack is better, though, since the old maps in the first one don't work well in the MW2 gameplay. It's very telling that Crash was one of the most popular in MW1, and is routinely skipped in 2. Strike is the only CoD4 map that still works well in MW2, I think.

There are some good ones in the packs but the stock maps are the best I think.

I also have been playing this lately. I don't know why, but I have problems with the matchmaking, which takes ages to find a game with suitable ping. I assumed it was my bad internet connection, but simply joining recent players in propgress always gets me a good connection.

It really is much more fun than Black Ops.

Don't bother with the maps. It's where you'll encounter the majority of really cheap players.

There are a few nasty hacks around on CoD4 at the moment, I wouldn't be playing it online at all until they're cleared up.

Are you talking about the PS3 version or the 360 version Swallow ? I've been playing both the 360 and PS3 versions and haven't encountered anything in either version yet. I know I am lucky for the PS3 version especially as that's definitely be security compromised but didn't think there was anything wrong with COD4 on the 360. The communities are pretty damn healthy as well, I think a lot of people went back to COD4 after disliking both MW2 and Black Ops or are a bit like me and go between Black Ops and COD4.

Any of the CoD games on the 360 can be hacked now (not certain about Black Ops, it's still hackable but I think they have to find a new work around every time Treyarch hotfixes it) since certain people found out how to get JTAG consoles back online, the reason it's more common to see them on CoD4 is because the community's smaller, you're far more likely to get a modded game if there's only 100 matches going on at a time compared to 1000 on the more popular CoD's.

The issue doesn't lay with IW, only Microsoft can stop JTAG consoles since they allow you to run unsigned code, there's almost no way to stop them aside from another 360 dashboard update, and even then it's usually only a matter of time until they're back again.