Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Just had a quick blast, 20 mins on Team Deathmatch. Smashing people up with the SPAS never gets old. Best multiplayer game ever/10.

It really is.

Are you up for some TDM or Domination at some point Blue?

Yeah, but I'll be shit. I've completely forgotten how to play TDM and I never did understand how to play any of the objective games.

If that sounds like the kind of team mate you're looking for, I'm always available. :D

To echo everyone else, I've been loving my return to this. Playing it as a score-attack type game on my own in TDM I just don't get bored. I keep trying weapons I haven't really used before and they're all so good. The Vector is my most recent love.

The matchmaking is so well done as well, it just makes Crysis 2's multiplayer, and pretty much every other series on 360, look inept. Switching the Xbox on to 4 bar smooth as silk game in about 60 seconds.

I will very rarely play objective games, though, on account of the ridiculousness of the explosive weapons with Danger Close equipped.

I stuck this on last night as it came with my PS3. I have to say I did quite enjoy playing it, I found playing it with the controller took a couple of hours getting used to but I was getting 2:1 by the end of the night.

Well if TDM is still playable I might get back into this myself. I'd just assumed it was overrun with glitchers or everybody would be too amazing at it by now.

The only change I've made to my old routine is switching from Mercenary to Regular TDM to keep the pool of players high and a better connection more likely. I rarely play without 4 bars despite never ever getting host.

If anything, players are on average worse than at its peak.

I'll hopefully be on all evening so I'm sure we can get a decent party going! Just make sure your NATs are open, that was the undoing of our last attempt.

I've just been round all the shops/supermarkets in my crappy market town and not a single copy of the "biggest selling game of all time" in sight :angry:

I'll be on later in the week after I've sourced one.

Managed to get in a few rounds tonight. We slapped everybody in TDM but were brought down by the two randoms every single round. We won all of them but it's annoying when you're having to deal with killstreaks that you haven't given away. Of course, the people who do give the other team free points would never lower themselves to using a Stinger... Just had a bit of Objective Barebones and won all four games I played, usually with a score over 1,000 better than the next best. People seem even more clueless in that mode than any other.

edit: I don't mean to sound like I take it all too seriously but nobody should be put off by thinking that everyone who plays this is super-good now. Get a few friends or forumites on and there's no reason you shouldn't be rolling over everyone you meet in public lobbies. The game is impossibly funner when you do.

I must've missed you and the guys last night, Josh. Had a good few games myself last night having had a break from this. I tend to find coming back to MW2, that the most immediate thing is how solid the gun mechanics are. Crysis 2, Homefront, BLOPS etc. None of them, for me, come even remotely close to the satisfaction or execution of putting a few Silenced ACR bullets into someone.

Nah, it's literally swarming with people who play like they've got Alzheimers.

edit: @Pob

Too fucking true. It never ceases to amaze me when people KEEP running back to the same spot where you just killed them, only to be shot down again. And again. And again.......

I'd be up for some rllmuk action on this for sure, but don't tend to get on until 10pm most nights.

I must've missed you and the guys last night, Josh. Had a good few games myself last night having had a break from this. I tend to find coming back to MW2, that the most immediate thing is how solid the gun mechanics are. Crysis 2, Homefront, BLOPS etc. None of them, for me, come even remotely close to the satisfaction or execution of putting a few Silenced ACR bullets into someone.

Sorry mate, I didn't get on 'til after 10. :( Depending on how the football goes I should be on for a fair while tonight. And yeah, coming back to this and picking up any gun, even down to the weak SMGs, the PP2000 and pistols, each one is useful and deadly. Now the game in general seems to have gone back to mainly gunplay (although still with plenty of fffuuuuu knifing) it feels much better than it ever did.

There were a couple Rippers in games I was in, hilarious watching them run towards me and receive a SPAS-to-the-face!!!

How good does that Shotgun feel when you wade into a room and unload a few shots of it into people's faces? Never. Gets. Old.