Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

If, like me, you are hanging up MW2 at midnight to concentrate your efforts on Black Ops, join me in recording your final stats for posterity.

Time Played: 54d 16h 58m

Kills: 173,257

Deaths: 75,441

K/D ratio: 2.30

Thanks, MW2. I had a helluva lot of fun with you. *sniff*

If, like me, you are hanging up MW2 at midnight to concentrate your efforts on Black Ops, join me in recording your final stats for posterity.

Time Played: 54d 16h 58m

Kills: 173,257

Deaths: 75,441

K/D ratio: 2.30

Thanks, MW2. I had a helluva lot of fun with you. *sniff*

I remember when you used to be shite at Vegas. Makes me proud man.. real proud :blah:

I know this is probably now redundant, but the wife is making me wait 2 weeks for black ops (birthday gift).

Anyways, I was in a FFA match on overgrown last night when a fucking care package chopper almost landed in the map!

It was occupied and there was 2 red laser sights coming out of it? I was killed by it and on the killcam there was a load of code.

I managed to get a naff picture on my phone on respawn, anyone come across this.

I'm imagining that its just gonna get raped to fuck by hackers now. Arses.

08112010020.jpg

• 2 months later...

In case anyone's wondering; in a week or two of fairly regular playing I haven't seen any determined tubing in TDM. There's a few quickscopers around but they are still far more prevalent in Barebones playlists (because they're trash, mostly). I've come across a fair few MLC/UMP silenced/tac knife teams but that's okay by me as it's helped me get 250 AA12 kills since Sunday. :)

Is it really broken by hackers on PS3 now? I don't have the map packs for 360 (not that I like any of the DLC maps other than Bailout). I did go back to it three or four weeks ago when it became apparent that Black Ops is and always will be inferior. God, it felt good to shoot a gun and for it not to spaz rubber bullets all over the screen.

When it comes to MW3, all they need to do is remake this without Commando and OMA.

I played a few matches of this today and went 24/4 and 20/6 with absolutely no effort whatsoever. Just waiting for people to run across my ACR sights on Highrise, Predator/Harrier/Pavelow, another guy on my team did the same thing and the guys on the other team just got destroyed. Was fun, but felt cheap as hell, and not very satisfying.

When it comes to MW3, all they need to do is remake this without Commando and OMA.

Aye, but it's a completely different development team to MW1 & MW2.

You know how Treyarch manage to take an amazing game and make it inferior each year? There's a good chance that's what's going to happen here. Though I hope not.

I don't agree that Black Ops is inferior, it's just different. MW2 has such an emphasis on killstreaks due to the way they build on top of each other that it's just a constant mass of explosions and destruction, and it's very difficult to play it as a straight shooter, where your tactics or positioning is what wins the game. Mostly it's getting a few kills, then raining down death via three killstreaks in a row, then repeat.

EDIT: lol, negged for stating my opinion.

Apart from the obvious, and major, annoyances, the game is what you make it. If you decide to stare down the sights of a l4z3r rifle and select 5/7/9 you don't really have a right to complain about it being boring. Mix it up and the enjoyment comes thick and fast.

My point wasn't that the game can't be entertaining. My point was that having not played more than 6 matches of MW2 in the last 6 months I can pop it in and devastate the other team with nigh on zero effort because the ACR and 5/7/9 make it too easy to get 20+ kills. Anyone can achieve that, and that's why MW2 is a constant stream of killstreaks.

I don't agree that Black Ops is inferior, it's just different. MW2 has such an emphasis on killstreaks due to the way they build on top of each other that it's just a constant mass of explosions and destruction, and it's very difficult to play it as a straight shooter, where your tactics or positioning is what wins the game. Mostly it's getting a few kills, then raining down death via three killstreaks in a row, then repeat.

EDIT: lol, negged for stating my opinion.

Beg to differ. I've been playing a mix of MW2 and BF2BC2 for the past 2 weeks. Prior to Christmas I was all over BlackOps like a bad suit. MW2 I normally play barebones FF/TDM the point being no kill streaks and it still pisses all over BlackOps. BlackOps just feels like a hooky copy of something good. Just the environments and attention to detail in MW2 do it for me.

BlackOps is not bad in its own right but there is something about it that just makes it really dull for me. :mellow:

The killstreaks are what makes MW2 what it is and make it extremely exciting.

Nothing is too overpowered, every killstreak had a counter - it's up to you and (sadly sometimes) your teammates to work together to take them down. A decent team can destroy an AC-130 within 15 seconds of it showing up. The principles are the same as Battlefield, though a good team is harder to find in CoD land.

Pretty much all the killstreaks in Black Ops are dull to listen to , look at and play.

Mortar strike/ Valkyrie rockets/ Rolling thunder/ Helicoptor are all totally useless.

I remember the first time i saw the Stealth Bomber fly over Terminal decimating everything in it's path my jaw hit the floor. The B-52 in Black Ops was like an Easyjet plane in comparison.

There's a lot of annoying shit in MW2 (commando, noob tubes,OMA, quickscoping little bastards etc) but the level of customisation, challenges, and stellar map design easily make up for a lot of those. Not to mention the superlative net code, frame rate that's smoother than scarlett johannson's arse, and the ease of getting in a game.

I'm really going to miss Infinity Ward. I'm hoping Homefront will deliver as the Multiplayer FPS of this year .

The killstreaks are what makes MW2 what it is and make it extremely exciting.

For me its about putting rounds on target and staying out the way of idiots. Yeah I'll use them but its what makes it exciting for me. Each to their own and all that shit.