IGNORED

Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

I sold my copy of this after getting a 30:1 on Rundown; I inadvertently bragged to a friend about it in the real human world and he looked at me disgusted: "you've been playing that game too much." It's like having two extra hours a day to play with! But I miss coming into this thread and getting ideas for my loadout..

Well done man, really. I'm a long way behind but I'm determined to reach the magic 2.00 if it kills me. I was on a depressing 1.08 a couple of weeks after launch but have clawed my way up to 1.50. Trouble is, it takes over 150 positive kills for each 0.01 when you're on 16K deaths but I try to add 0.01 per day. ^_^

Jesus. I'd love 1.0. I'm on 0.6 or something at the moment. :P

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/modern-war...spots-maps.html

This is what I'll be using to hunt peeps down if I see nuke boosting. Decent first guess I suppose.

Thank man. I know where I will be hunting them bastert boosters. Mostly what I do before the match begins when the countdown is starting I'll go in spectating mode and look for a player with a Tac insursion and watch what he does in de first minute. If he is going to camp I start my own game and run to the guys untill I'am 20 meters away from them and crawl to about 3 meter infront of them and just wait they have 20 kills (depents on it what they got in their killstreak) And tuc a C4 or a RPG with Danger close. And have massive fun with my self.

All thanks to Sandy ravage booster justice video's.

(My english is so bad ^_^ )

I hadn't played this game in well over a month, and yesterday I had a couple of rounds on my brothers account.

Fuck me I couldn't do anything for shit. I'd forgotten all the button mappings, I kept jumping, ducking, switching weapons. I looked lik Jim in The Office when he was playing COD2.

In that short few minutes of play though I still saw evidence of hackers, which told me that it still wasn't time to return to the ranks.

Thank man. I know where I will be hunting them bastert boosters. Mostly what I do before the match begins when the countdown is starting I'll go in spectating mode and look for a player with a Tac insursion and watch what he does in de first minute. If he is going to camp I start my own game and run to the guys untill I'am 20 meters away from them and crawl to about 3 meter infront of them and just wait they have 20 kills (depents on it what they got in their killstreak) And tuc a C4 or a RPG with Danger close. And have massive fun with my self.

All thanks to Sandy ravage booster justice video's.

(My english is so bad ^_^ )

ohh how do you go into spectator mode?

You just dont pick a class and you will start off in spectator mode. Stay in it for too long and you will be booted for inactivity.

The 360 patch was sent off for certification on Friday (Feb 5th). Its nuts how long it has taken to get to this stage, and lord only knows how long it will take to make it through certification. IW really have been poor in their support for this game considering the number of people playing it and the money they made off of those people. The patch went up on PC more than three weeks ago now, and the game was suffering with glitchers before then. The sad thing is that the "community" will figure out a new care package glitch within hours of the fix coming in. IW should just put a cooldown on how often you can call a care package in if people continue to break the game.

I decided to grab my balls and Prestige for the first time last night. I really needn't have pondered so long over doing so. Business resumed as normal. In fact, business is better than ever. I'm already back at 20 after one session. The claymores aren't far away but I've been getting on just fine with the throwing knife in their absence anyway - though I really do need to remember to pull that thing outta my victims' asses more often.

I wish it was all this fearless when I came into the game as a n00b and gave my deaths column a 3,000 head start over my kills.

Jesus. I'd love 1.0. I'm on 0.6 or something at the moment. :(

When I started I was around that, not having played a COD game online before. Things that made me better (and I'm only at 1.2ish now but it's a lot more fun and I've probably been playing higher than that recently just to reach 1.2): reading the radar so you know where enemies are likely to be and you're ready when they turn up; using team-mates (let someone else go around blind corners first as far as possible); getting Ninja Pro; slowing my game down; trying to limit deaths (which sounds obvious, but if you just get some games where you go maybe only 5-3 it really helps in understanding what everyone's doing and you learn to take the kills that are there instead of haring about); learning where not to go on certain maps (like I would never go in the house in Skidrow or the bunker in Wasteland or up on the rooves in Favela, because you're visible the whole time from places you can't check all at once); timing stuff according to what else is going on (like if I'm about to go up a stairway and someone could be up there, it's best if there's just been some firing on the radar because at least they might be looking at that for a second); using red dot sights (because I know the iron sights are fine but I am more accurate with red dot); Sleight of Hand Pro (great for one-on-ones). And watch what your team-mates are doing all the time, because your opponents will basically be doing the same things, taking the same routes, ignoring the same blind little corners.

You just dont pick a class and you will start off in spectator mode. Stay in it for too long and you will be booted for inactivity.

The 360 patch was sent off for certification on Friday (Feb 5th). Its nuts how long it has taken to get to this stage, and lord only knows how long it will take to make it through certification. IW really have been poor in their support for this game considering the number of people playing it and the money they made off of those people. The patch went up on PC more than three weeks ago now, and the game was suffering with glitchers before then. The sad thing is that the "community" will figure out a new care package glitch within hours of the fix coming in. IW should just put a cooldown on how often you can call a care package in if people continue to break the game.

Its weird as I am glad they are doing something to fix these things but its insane how broken this game has been at times. Have they even addressed the mess FFA is in with the boosting as well ? they don't seem to have done anything about it in any of their patches.

I am only playing this every few days atm but last night was just out of control on the care package\emergency air drop glitch problem. I think every game I played for an hour had someone doing it on my team or the other. Its really annoying when you start a game with a great run like 22-1 then its suddenly Enemy AC130 - Enemy Chopper Gunner - Stealth bomber - Enemy Ac130 again. Of course as soon as this is fixed it will be something else but if it can give us a week or two's peace it will do for now.

I have run into once or twice what I think will be the next problem as well. Game starts and the other team instantly drops a predator strike on us when no one even has a kill yet. This was in TDM.

Why do so many people here bum FFA? I've gone into 4 games this morning, and everysingle one was filled with nuke boosters or carepackage glitchers. It's bloody annoying.

For me, it's because there's far more action going on in FFA than most other team games. I like the fact that it's me against everyone, and that as soon as you kill someone there's at least a 50% chance they are coming straight for you again. It's just more exciting than the other modes.

I do still play team games though, and when I do I generally play Groundwar because it's got a bit more of the FFA vibe to it.

I must be really lucky, because although CP glitchers are prevalent in all gametypes at the moment, I haven't seen a nuke booster since Wednesday. And even then, I was only ever seeing them in around 5% of FFA games I played. I am actually keeping my fingers crossed to encounter them at the moment too, as I want to get into some serious booster hunting.

Haven't the "community" already found a new CP glitch on the PS3 anyway? Unless the 360 patch that was sent for certification on Friday is different to that already out on PC and PS3, and includes the "permanent" fix that BravoTwoZero has alluded to IW working on, it'll be just as bad as it is now, albeit the 1887's with bling will have been nerfed as per the intention of the first patch.

Okay, I have 100 "one shot, one kill" kills with a Sniper Rifle now. I have unlocked the Arctic ghillie suit (50 kills) and the Urban ghillie suit (100 kills) which my guy should wear when I pick sniper on snowy or urban levels (the Woodland ghillie suit is unlocked by default, is it not?) but I have a question.

If I spawn Navy Seals on Sub Base, an all white level with falling snow, why does my guy still dress in a charcoal grey wetsuit?

Jesus. I'd love 1.0. I'm on 0.6 or something at the moment. :wub:

I got 1300 kills behind in CoD4 and just couldn't get them back again for the whole time I played so I determined that I wanted a cushion of 300 kills to the positive in this and I guess it influenced the way I play. I absolutely focus on dying as little as possible and the rest followed. Now I have a cushion of 8000 kills and I'm not very good at the game. I'm terrified of all players in the game and always feel they are better than me, which I think they are - I just try to outsmart them.

Why do so many people here bum FFA? I've gone into 4 games this morning, and everysingle one was filled with nuke boosters or carepackage glitchers. It's bloody annoying.

Well, they're not bumming about booster-filled games are they? :lol: It's just a matter of getting into a good lobby and sticking with it.

:lol: Steady on. You're making a lot of assumptions there. Maybe they are taking a bit more time with the 360 patch due to the botched attempt at fixing the 1887s previously and the failure of the PS3 CP patch, to you know, get it right, which is fair enough. Maybe patches are harder to code for the 360. Maybe Microsoft impose higher standards for certification, who knows? I don't think it's fair to say that IW haven't supported the game - they clearly have been keeping a close eye on things and attempted to fix things. The game has only been out 3 months - I'm sure they'll get things sorted out and we'll have the next couple of years to play relatively glitch-free games, although I'm sure there will always be some exploits to be had when you have millions of users trying to break the game. Patience. :D

learning where not to go on certain maps (like I would never go in the house in Skidrow or the bunker in Wasteland or up on the rooves in Favela, because you're visible the whole time from places you can't check all at once);

:lol:

I've done all three. More practice and thought needed on my part then. heh. Cheers for the tips.

Yes, Blue's right...almost no time has passed, and glitches will always occur. When I think back to all the issues with Halo 2, this is relatively glitch free I'd say.

As for boosters, re: Orion's post, I don't think anything can be done, can it? It's just people choosing not to play the game in the spirit intended, like all those people years ago who used to drive backwards on Moto GP.

Of course they could remove the nuke (and I hope they do), but then nuke boosters would just become AC-130 boosters!

Zok, they could remove the 'tac insert' in FFA. I know boosters could still do it but it would make it harder for them.

Or just make it impossible to join friends FFA games. That would probably take alot of work on IW's part to set up but its how Rumblepit works on Halo.

Yes, the Tac Insert thing makes sense, but people should be able to join friends in FFA.

I was playing a couple of kiddies yesterday in FFA who were playing against each other, but when I started beating them they joined up against me (which I knew because they couldn't stop talking about it over the coms), and I didn't mind at all...it adds to the fun imho. If people want to play in FFA with mates they should be able to - I'm not condoning using it for cheating of course.

Yesterday:

Kid: Do you know how to do the CP glitch?

Me: No

Kid: Wanna know?

Me: No, it's cheating.

Kid: (genuinely indignant) It's not! It's an exploit.

Me: Yes, same difference.

Kid: (hurt) Whatever man, I was just asking.

Some people just think differently I guess.

What about a Merc FFA and normal FFA like TDM ? Get rid off one of the gametypes that no one plays to make way for it.

Have IW set it up so Merc FFA and Merc TDM were impossible to join friends games. That would solve it.

Edit - what Blue said reminded me that yesterday I was getting msgs every ten minutes from people spamming their recent players list asking for money\gamerpoints for boosting people to 10th prestige, some new gametype galled Global Thermonuclear War, boosted accounts etc. Its like people use Ground War as their own advertising service now.

Had someone message me yesterday asking for Moon points in exchange for them getting me however many headshots - he sounded about 12.

Any way to report these so it's taken seriously? Anyone doing this stuff on Live should just get a permaban as far as I'm concerned.