rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
letsbook

Modern Warfare 2

-K/D needs to be taken away. People should be working towards score not kills.

Surely people can work towards whatever metric they give a shit about? It's a game.

I'd actually like a graph charting k/d since the start, because while I don't care about it overall but it'd be nice to see improvement. It'd be good if there was some kind of team-player rating to go with it too, because playing Domination I'll be off capturing/defending points and half of my team-mates seem to be camping for kills even when we're losing.

Oh, yeah, I do move, but when I started playing I'd be in a good place, wait ten seconds and then think "no-one's coming!" and get bored and go somewhere else, whereas now I can generally tell if it's somewhere the enemy will come through. It was all the Goldeneye making me charge about. I've deliberately slowed things down in TDM now because if you're dying more than scoring you're a liability (it's working in general, though on the tight maps you have to just get stuck in).

Interestingly, my friend with the best k/d and win ratio has the lowest accuracy (by miles) and I think that since I've got better I'll more often get kills with speculative or long-range shots, so my accuracy's dropped but I'm a better player.

As long as you're having fun :facepalm: That's what it's all about! But me being a stats person am a bit of a sucker for rations and percentages :(

Half the time I start off 0 Kills, 0 Assists and 4 Deaths before getting into my stride. Must be old age :D

So, I've reached level 70 and now I'm debating whether to go and Prestige or not. Taken me about 2 and half days playtime to get to 70 and not sure I want to go back to having basic guns etc.

You don't really get anything in return when you Prestige apart from extra callsigns/emblems unlocked right?

I think it just adds a dimention to the game... you can play using the earlier weapons again rather than just falling back on what youre good at already, keeps the community just that little bit more balanced. That said, i'm nearly at 70 but i'm not going to prestige until i've gotten one Mastery callsign i'm working towards. 40 FMJ kills indeed...

Surely people can work towards whatever metric they give a shit about? It's a game.

The obsession with K/D is whats killing the game in my opinion. Score/Time Played would be better since it encourages people to play the game. Not just camp the other team in their base in CTF, draw the game and wank off to their 30-5 score in the lobby.

It'd be good if there was some kind of team-player rating to go with it too...

You kinda do with the accolade badges.

I'm trying to break the 100 accolade badges for one accolade as I'm curious to know whether it's set to count into the 100s (and possibly 1000s?).

The obsession with K/D is whats killing the game in my opinion. Score/Time Played would be better since it encourages people to play the game. Not just camp the other team in their base in CTF, draw the game and wank off to their 30-5 score in the lobby.

I can see why you'd find that annoying - mostly playing FFA, I rarely encounter it.

But then I think that if it's happening in every game you play, it's because that is the game that the majority of people actually want to play, no matter what the original design is. If you don't like it, play something else.

I love this game, but I'm still shit at it. If I get 6+ kills I'm happy. And I played COD4 LOADS :facepalm: It's doubly embarrassing when players check out my profile and say "Hey wow Mr Monday you've been on Xbox Live for seven years! That's AGES!"

CTF is only one game mode. The K/D ratio is across all forms of play. I've only played CTF on a handful of occasions myself as I prefer TDM but each to their own I guess.

After a week off, I'm glad to have come back and still be playing ok!

Currently getting rather pissed off trying to do the ACOG sight on the Sniper rifle challenge to unlock the thermal. I think I should just use that class on a level like skidrow just to get the kills ASAP before going back to a sniper friendly level (though my sniping is shit in this game - I used to be a demon on Halo).

My current old pair of slippers loadout appears to be TAR + silence + FMJ, with bling pro, stopping power pro and ninja pro, and Claymores + flash. Seems to be quite a reliably sneaky way of getting a few kills and I can always rely on it.

However, unlocked the ACR a level or so ago and am giving that a whirl after trying the burst fire AR's (not bad, but get annoying quickly). Just HOW LOUD is the ACR? It seems to echo around for ages after a shot. Do you appear as a red dot on the enemy radar for a longer period if you have a louder weapon, or is it all just for effect?

Also, I never know which AA missile to carry around with me - Stinger seems to work ok as I can't get on with the Javelin. What's the downside to the thumper?

I can see why you'd find that annoying - mostly playing FFA, I rarely encounter it.

But then I think that if it's happening in every game you play, it's because that is the game that the majority of people actually want to play, no matter what the original design is. If you don't like it, play something else.

If they want to play for kills/deaths then TDM or FFA is there for them, it's them fucking up other playlists by turning it into a game of camp to 7 kills.

Sorry I had to duck out last night guys my baby was kicking off.

Does anyone have any tips for predator? I had fucking 3 last night and every time the guy who I chose to target ran into a house just as it was about to hit.

Also, I never know which AA missile to carry around with me - Stinger seems to work ok as I can't get on with the Javelin. What's the downside to the thumper?

It's a grenade launcher, I can't imagine it would be very easy to hit an air target, or even if it would damage them. But then I've never tried.

Does anyone have any tips for predator? I had fucking 3 last night and every time the guy who I chose to target ran into a house just as it was about to hit.

I'm not sure there's a real trick to it, one in three or more of mine will hit nothing and other times I'll be getting triple kills all over the shop.

Had a ragequit + failed host migration last night, it's so rare I actually get my killstreak setup working (predator/harrier/pave low). I got it on Wasteland in one of those utterly zen games where you're totally aware and accurate with all your shots, I think I was 12:1 and the whole enemy team started quitting taking the host with them. Very annoying.

Why not use the sentry gun instead? You'd be very unlucky to only get one kill with one if you take care of it.

I only just realised you can speed up the missile by using the right trigger, if you get a group together that is trying to split you can usually get a couple of them rather than just one if you speed the missile up.

If they've literally just run into cover, hit as close to the doorway they've used as you can, the explosion will still get them.

Sometimes it just goes like that but a couple of things I found useful are : Don't launch it if your team have anything else in the air, as people are already scurrying for cover. Also, the best time to launch it is immediately after 2 or 3 of the opposition have been killed together as they tend to spawn together. Let it descend at it's own pace until you identify the best target, but identify where you're going with it as quickly as possible then hit the right trigger to power than thing in there at top speed before they can disperse.

Let it descend at it's own pace until you identify the best target, but identify where you're going with it as quickly as possible then hit the right trigger to power than thing in there at top speed before they can disperse.

Good tip - just like playing Tetris :facepalm:

Look for the team respawning and hit them with the big cannon, fire at the middle of the respawn point. With the medium size one don't try to be accurate just fire around their team in a big circle so as they try to run outward they get caught, don't concentrate these shots just carpet the whole area. If you see a rocket come at you make sure you take him out. Then he will be spawning with the team and is easy to kill despite having cold blooded. If they are in a building try and shoot the middle cannon through a window. The machine gun is pretty crap for me, I just use it while the other two are reloading as I flick through.

This works for me pretty well, if you watch some youtube gameplay you can get an idea of the ways people use it.

oh and predators, if a gorup is close to one aim for the car.

You kinda do with the accolade badges.

I'm trying to break the 100 accolade badges for one accolade as I'm curious to know whether it's set to count into the 100s (and possibly 1000s?).

It definately counts into the 100's, im about halfway to 1000 on my "most kills" accolade so we'll see if it goes into thousands!

I disagree. With the slow reloading of the grenade launcher and it's uselessness up close etc, you are vulnerable to any other players in the vicinity that you don't kill with the first shot. Like everything else in the game, if the opposing team are up to scratch, it is balanced.

Not speaking to you directly now, but there is so much complaining about the game that is unwarranted. Every weapon and perk and tactic has a counter. I don't even agree with the UAV/Heartbeat sensor/vulnerability to aircraft complaints. Heartbeat sensor users skulk about slowly and are easily dealt with, it only takes a few hours to get the stinger and ninja and it's one of the prices you pay for prestiging.

The game is what it is, and it's pretty amazing exactly as it is. No class, perk, tactic or weapon annoys me. I'm happy for them to do their thing and me to do mine. My steadily increasing K/D ratio says my choices are winning.

Except the dirty scopes of course. They really need to clean them. :facepalm:

Exactly what's wrong with the multi-player setup of this game. Expecting new players to sit around getting fucked in the arse from every angle is not a good way to continuously build and sustain a community.

I also think your figures may be a bit off. Ninja requires you to be level 29, the stinger at level 30. Now I've been playing it for eight hours and I'm only level 19. Now admittedly I'm not the best at the game, my kill to death ratio is only 1.7 with my win ratio somewhere around 5.something. Still air support is a right pain in the arse for me. So your few hours claim might just be a tad understimated.

The game needs to be kinder to new players. At the moment it chucks them lubeless into the rape ring, to be surrounded by all you hardcore players rubbing your glocks with glee.

You can argue though that the rather decent default classes plus the Copycat deathstreak reward go a fair way towards mitigating newb frustration. Even a rank beginner has access to some pretty decent equipment - the issue lies largely with experience and how best / when best to use that equipment. That's something you can't really blame the game for.

You can argue though that the rather decent default classes plus the Copycat deathstreak reward go a fair way towards mitigating newb frustration. Even a rank beginner has access to some pretty decent equipment - the issue lies largely with experience and how best / when best to use that equipment. That's something you can't really blame the game for.

Yes, all those players new to the game come with experience and knowledge on what weapons and loadouts to use to counter-act the batshit insanity that will befall them during a game. The game either needed some sort of tutorial like 1943 or you have to play with experienced friends who can tell you what's going on.

It definately counts into the 100's, im about halfway to 1000 on my "most kills" accolade so we'll see if it goes into thousands!

I hope you break it :facepalm:

I'm currently on 88 "highest kill/death ratio" accolades!

Mind you that's nothing compared to the amount of matches I've played...