Modern Warfare 2

letsbook

Have your fill of level 70 goodies then take the plunge, I'd say. It forces you to take a fresh look at, and approach to, the game. It does hurt for a bit though. You can still do well (my k/d ratio continued to climb after prestiging), but you do miss your favourite perks/weapons. Mind you, it also lets you have a nice "YES!" when you get the ACR back again.

Also, that extra weapons slot is really useful.

If you're going to Prestige, this week's n00b influx seems as good an occasion as any.

Finished campaign on Veteran :D.

It's actually really quite fun and not that hard at all. I'd say there were only three checkpoints in the game where I had to restart more than ten times, compared to the SAS mission on MW1 with the helicopter where I think I clocked upwards of 80 restarts.

Now on to three starring all the spec ops, which is a hell of a lot harder seeing as there are no checkpoints. :)

But the problem with TDM is that noone i have played it with plays as a team... If you team up as a three with one person using a riot shield drawing fire and the other two with Assault rifles etc you can normally beat 70-80 % of other players you come up against as they are all running around being rambo... It would be sooo ace to be able to play (when your mates aren't on obviously cos i normally just default to waiting for them to play with) every time with people actually trying ot play like a proper tactical squad. On Battlefield modern combat back in the day there was a real squad vibe going on especially as the vehicles really worked best with more then one player in them... That is what is missing from what is a quality fps... Also because everyone runs around rambo style getting all over the map you end up being stabbed from behind... there is no real 'feeling' of war where you know where the enemy are and can tactically maneover to flank them (ala band of brothers hells highway single player).

I really agree with this- 1 game in every 20 someone will speak but it's not what I had hoped it would be (mercenary team deathmatch) There is no real teamwork, not like the glory days of return to castle wolfenstein, ghost recon and so on

Having said that I did try to team up properly with a couple of mates from work and it wasn't all that frankly. I think one or two shield guys and a shooter or two behind them would be superb on some levels especially after some practice

Finally did it last nite... I GOT A NUKE :D

Never thought i would do it but managed it last nite, was on underpass with my trustly RPD, got 7 kills and called in a harrier, that took me to 11 for chopper gunner and then got the kills i needed for a nuke :)

was sooooooo happy, one of the best achievements in a game i have ever had i reckon :D

Kills from Care Packages don't count towards killstreak awards. Kills from other killstreak awards do.

I prestiged last night, and started using the Grenadier default class. The Famas is awesome. I got loads of kills with it, it's literally, point, shoot, dead. I'm not even going to bother with the red-dot, the iron sights are great. The UAV, Care Package, Predator combo is pretty decent too.

I really agree with this- 1 game in every 20 someone will speak but it's not what I had hoped it would be (mercenary team deathmatch) There is no real teamwork, not like the glory days of return to castle wolfenstein, ghost recon and so on

Having said that I did try to team up properly with a couple of mates from work and it wasn't all that frankly. I think one or two shield guys and a shooter or two behind them would be superb on some levels especially after some practice

I've came up against teams that use the shield as cover for a couple of other people. It was easily defeated with a nice Semtex grenade. The shield makes the target much easier to stick.

I thought it was the case that all kills count towards killstreaks, as long as they happen during your current killstreak? For example, if you get a sentry gun out of a care package you will get killstreaks from it until you die, any you get afterwards when you respawn don't count.

I thought it was the case that all kills count towards killstreaks, as long as they happen during your current killstreak? For example, if you get a sentry gun out of a care package you will get killstreaks from it until you die, any you get afterwards when you respawn don't count.

Care packages from the care package or Emergency Airdrop killstreaks never count towards your killstreaks. Turret kills from the turret killstreak count, but only on the life you get it, and only if you don't move the turret.

So MW2 has been my first go at proper on-line gaming and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. So what other games are similar to MW2 – nice learning curve, good levelling up, broad array of weapons and just good fun to play? I’ve looked in the online folder and they seem to be mostly sports and driving games that wouldn’t be my scene. I fancy seeing what else is out there.

I highly reccomend BF1943, although it has no levelling up shennanigans and is pretty limited in terms of weapons. In terms of a pick up and play online experience though, I'd say it's pretty much unmatched. I have no idea how many people still play it, mind you, but it's cheap as well.

So MW2 has been my first go at proper on-line gaming and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it. So what other games are similar to MW2 – nice learning curve, good levelling up, broad array of weapons and just good fun to play? I’ve looked in the online folder and they seem to be mostly sports and driving games that wouldn’t be my scene. I fancy seeing what else is out there.

Borderlands ticks all of those boxes you mentioned.

I'm not normally a great fan of swearing but, much as I love this game, the air turns absolutely blue when I'm playing it. It's terrible and I really apologise to all the good people I play with. They swear too but I'm probably the worst offender. The two things that set me off worst are people who stand in/block doorways (had an absolute tirade at one offender last night) and people who, when you take up a position at a window or wherever, decide it would be a good idea for them to stand right in front of you. Last night this happened then, unbelievably, another guy stood in front of both of us leading to another tirade from me ending with "is the map not fucking big enough for you?!!".

I hasten to add that my regular team-mates don't do these things, just randoms when we don't have a full team or when I'm playing MTDM.

?

Scar (best iron sight of the assault rifles) + grenade launcher attachment

Claymore + Stun grenades

One Man Army Pro

Danger Close Pro

Commando Pro

Just find somewhere nice to camp, set up claymores at the entrances to you and just keep using the skill cylinder (noob tube) and when you need to use a gun, you're not stuck with a bulky ironsight. Danger Close Pro ability makes the Harrier and Chopper Gunner very effective killing tools so it becomes very easy to get from 7-11 and then from 11-25.

I don't think it makes the harrier any better, seeing as that kills pretty much instantly when it gets sight of someone anyway, but it definitely improves the chopper gunner. I might try it with the normal chopper and see how it does actually. Got a nuke earlier with a very similar set up, one man army up to 11 (steady aim makes the assault rifles a lot better at close range, stemming my shotgun addiction), then switched to danger close pro and got 7 or 8 with the chopper gunner. Finished up soon after.

He's put a bunch out since, he's doing them practically every day. Click Uploads then click date added at the top right. Optic challenge done is particularly interesting, some clan has been badmouthing him and set him a challenge (get a nuke while 'quickscoping'*), which he does while being angry.

http://www.youtube.com/user/WingsofRedemption#p/u

*Quickscoping is getting enemies in the middle of your screen when using a sniper rifle plus sleight of hand, then zooming and shooting virtually at the same time. It's stupid.

It makes the airstrike when they come in AMAZING.

I've been loving that recently! Most people waste it just the get the roving harrier out, but I usually wait for a couple of red dots for a UAV and get a couple of kills every time. Yesterday I got 5 kills with it! (All without danger close)

I'll have to give it a go with danger close then!

*Quickscoping is getting enemies in the middle of your screen when using a sniper rifle plus sleight of hand, then zooming and shooting virtually at the same time. It's stupid.

Your crosshair is always in the centre of the screen. Some quickscopers will put a tiny bit of blu tack in the middle of their screen, right where the crosshair is when they aim down the sights. Essentially they will have a crosshair on screen at all times.

I don't think it makes the harrier any better, seeing as that kills pretty much instantly when it gets sight of someone anyway, but it definitely improves the chopper gunner. I might try it with the normal chopper and see how it does actually. Got a nuke earlier with a very similar set up, one man army up to 11 (steady aim makes the assault rifles a lot better at close range, stemming my shotgun addiction), then switched to danger close pro and got 7 or 8 with the chopper gunner. Finished up soon after.

Normally I run 5, 7, 9 as chances are better I'll be able to call in all 3 before I die! I find the Harrier can be hit and miss for me without DCP on, and it's not like I place them in poor locations either as they'll shoot at people but they escape the killing bullet by getting inside or around a corner just in time. That doesn't happen with it on, plus the 2 airstrikes beforehand can easily get you a few kills before the actual Harrier starts hovering around.

Pave Low with DCP however is absolutely rape-tastic. And the AC130's 105mm shell too. And the Predator missile too.

I generally call in the harrier and pave low at the same time. 99% of the time, if anything gets shot down, it's the harrier and the pave low seems to then overwhelm the opposition (with danger close pro) and goes about it's extremely effective business unmolested.

Claymores on this game are so awesome. The amount of people that get killed by one and then run back to kill me, only to get hit by another is staggering. Once I figured out the most effective way of placing them they became my favourite piece of equipment. I hardly ever got kills with frags or semtex but I can quite easily get 3 or 4 kills a match with claymores. The rage quits and abuse you recieve makes it all the more worthwhile.